It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Women Of The Republican Right

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Looks like the republican side is continually getting good looking candidates with Kristi Noem just voted as "Hottest Freshman in Congress" yet the democrats keep electing people like Pelosi.

Appearance and popularity are a connection as old as junior high, but The University of Helsinki actually quantified it. The UK's Telegraph reports that 1,992, photos of political candidates were shown to 10,011 people. Affiliation wasn't mentioned -- just that they were politicians.

The interviewees were asked to rate the photos on a scale of attractiveness and perceived qualifications. For every small increase in the attractiveness rating, there was a much larger jump in perceived competence, trustworthiness and other qualities you might like to have in a public servant

So there you have it. Good looking people are better politicians therefore I predict a sweep of Congress and the White house for 2012

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They must be following the same hiring practices of female newscasters over at Fox "news".

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Fantastic.

Sexism and Politics, that goes hand in hand, no?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hillary used to be kinda hot back in the day in that 'My Husband ignores me and I need attention" sort of way

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Looks like the republican side is continually getting good looking candidates with Kristi Noem just voted as "Hottest Freshman in Congress" yet the democrats keep electing people like Pelosi.

Well this sure seems important and not sexist at all.

Hey, OP. Where is your picture? I do not want to find out I am reading a thread written by an uggo!
Stock up on those beauty queens while they are available. They do seem well suited for the right's special brand of education.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
...yeah, well, lots of gals thought ted bundy was too good looking, well spoken and educated to be a violent psychopathic necrophiliac...

...regardless of party affiliation or gender, politicians who are perceived to be good looking are really just showing off their latest reptilian costume party garb...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
yeah well blah blah blah

one thing for sure there aint going to be anyone making threads tltled" hot women of the democratic left" cause there aint any

sure is sexist objectifying women eh.

oh never mind andrea tantaros is smokkin

what makes her so hot is she makes bob beckel cry

edit on 10-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS
Sexism and Politics, that goes hand in hand, no?

It's sexist to be attractive now?
edit on 10-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

My point is that the MSM focuses on women and appearance (especially in Politics) but any position of power will have this component... attractive or not, the ISSUE at hand is that appearance is focused on above all else (or at least, at the top of the list) and this is NOT the case for men.

Reference the treatment of both Clinton and Palin if you must... oh and let's not forget about the First Lady, as well.

edit on 10-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well you go ahead and count newsmodels on FOX as hot women of the right and then I guess we can go ahead and claim 99% of Hollywood.

Personally, I want my politicians to be smart and capable. You all go ahead and vote for the pretty girls. Christine Odonnel is still sitting by her phone.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

you go right ahead and claim all those alcoholic drug addicts who "dated" charlie sheen

go right ahead.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't see any pictures on the article, they don't even have a headline photo
So I guess I'll just take their word for it, they're hot

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS
My point is that the MSM focuses on women and appearance (especially in Politics) but any position of power will have this component... attractive or not, the ISSUE at hand is that appearance is focused on above all else (or at least, at the top of the list) and this is NOT the case for men.

...i'm not msm
but i'll give the boys a whack... rick perry... i wouldnt kick him out of my bed but before we trip the light fantastic, i'd use a whole roll of duct tape to insure his mouth stays shut, then shave his head (except for the parts the duct tape snagged)...

...ps... nice to see you back, lady...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, to be honest, I think Rachel Maddow is kinda hot. In that she's-not-even-interested-in-my-gender sort of way. But she's actually really pretty.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

while i cant say my real thoughts on rachel maddow they would be a tc violation

i will just say too each their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Cuervo

while i cant say my real thoughts on rachel maddow they would be a tc violation

i will just say too each their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Good, cause she looks just like my wife and those would have been fightin' words!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm not going to bother looking. Is Coulter on the list still? I'm still loving her man-features being so coveted.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
They must be following the same hiring practices of female newscasters over at Fox "news".

I always find it disturbing at how sexist the Liberal Left expresses it's self. So an attractive woman who attains a level of either fame, power, political success (or even business) is seemingly instantly rundown into a idiotic tramp who's obviously only there for her tits and ass.

Way to go Democrats. Keep it classy.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I'm not going to bother looking. Is Coulter on the list still? I'm still loving her man-features being so coveted.

Yeah, she always reminded me of the main bad guy from the original Karate Kid movie.

Bad Guy From Karate Kid

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

When I read the thread title I thought the exact same thing. I thought oh god I'm guessing Ann Coulter will be on the list. It's like judging which of your grandmothers is hotter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join