It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spielberg and Cruise plan new War of Worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It is one of the most famous moments in the mythical history of the United States. The night in 1938 when Orson Welles broadcast a radio version of The War of the Worlds...........

news from uk

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Cruise link is screaming battlefield earth... what with his Scientology connections.

Would be cool to see it "live" on the ol' silver screen as i have been listneing to Jeff Waynes version since i was a kid and now i want a picture in front of me!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It'd be neat if they did it with the flavor of the original.

You see, one of the reasons it worked so well, was that it started out with normal music, but then was interrupted just like a newscast.

So, for the movie, you'd call it something else, be watching like 10 minutes of the movie, and then have it interrupted with a newscast (with recognizable figures from CNN, etc.) and all the news like interviews etc. like in the radio show.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It'd be neat if they did it with the flavor of the original.

You see, one of the reasons it worked so well, was that it started out with normal music, but then was interrupted just like a newscast.

So, for the movie, you'd call it something else, be watching like 10 minutes of the movie, and then have it interrupted with a newscast (with recognizable figures from CNN, etc.) and all the news like interviews etc. like in the radio show.

yes, yes and yes... that would be awesome......

but then someone would get angry and say they were deceived and would sue .... :shk::shk:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Let's hope they keep to the BOOK.
It's set in LONDON-Nowhere else -LONDON.
Does Tom Cruise do a good British accent?
I have my doubts already.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think I'm gonna give Cruise the benefit of the doubt. I know that when he took on the role of Lestat in "interview with the vampire", people had their doubts, and Anne Rice was dead against him and didn't think he could do Lestat justice. Once she had seen the film, she was more than happy with his performance.
I can't wait for the film. I've heard that the budget is going to be huge. I know that the budget of a film doesn't always result in good quality, but I'm hoping that we can once again expect great things from Spielberg.

new topics

top topics

join