It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Jeffs, Polygamist nutbag and pseudo-christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How does someone like this seduce and snow christians? Can true believers not tell when they are being corrupted by Satan and led astray from Yeshua Christ? At what point do you wake up and remember that Yeshua was against sexual immorality?

This clown makes it into the news and undermines what true believers have been working for, for 2000 years. For every False Prophet that makes it into the news the harder it is for us to win souls to Yeshua, and of the people that really loves Yeshua in his congregation but were afraid to step up to him, it only makes them doubt the Lord and throws a stumbling block in their paths.

No true christian would have ever done the atrocities he has commited, the raping of young girls and women, and forcing his totalitarian will on others. What an evil man!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Are Mormons Christians? I don't mean this offensively at all...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
Are Mormons Christians? I don't mean this offensively at all...

Theoretically they are, but they have some strange doctrine. I'm a Missionary Baptist and what they do is anathema to us. Yeshua was against sexual immorality and immorality in general. There maybe some of them that are true believers, but every denomination has its troubles with pseudo-christians. Sitting on the front pew or just going to church doesnt save you. There are many people that will sit on the front row and find themselves in hell when it is all said and done.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Mormonism vs Christianity

That is just covering the main religious differences, it does not go into the FLDS beliefs, which differ further...

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

ETA:
and yes, Jeffs is a pig and he deserved his sentence - it will however, be interesting to see how the FLDS members handle the fact that their Prophet has been put in jail. That is a heckuva shake-up.

edit on 10-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The bible doesn't have an age limit for marriage. It also allows polygamy, and seems to think it isn't rape if they're married(or if they get forced to marry right afterwards.)

For all we know, he could have justified his actions, either to himself or others, with the bible.

He didn't break god's laws, he broke our laws. Along with breaking decency and morality. He deserves his jail time.

~
By the way, I have nothing against consensual polygamy. I'm against forced marriages, rape, and the general taking advantage of underage people. The polygamy in itself wasn't the bad part, it was everything else he did.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's always fun to sit at the fence and look at when christians shoot the 'true christian'-thingy out amongst themselves.

Now I'm not an atheist, but if I was, I would probably cynically comment, that this kind of christianity hardly needs any atheists opposition at all to point out some christian shortcomings. The christians do it very well on their own.

top topics

join