It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Plot to 'Kill Facebook' Is All a Terrible Misunderstanding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Facebook is down right now.

Maybe Anon hacked it?!?!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i had problems with it for a few days doing strange login thing . then this am couldnt log out then couldnt log in .. onreturn half hour ago. found others had had same .

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
I've got a Facebook profile, but I'm not too worried about my privacy there either.

You know why? Facebook only knows what you're willing to put in it.

Exactly this is the main problem. I guess that many users know about the fact that all their uploaded stuff is scanned and analyzed. But I also bet that 99% of these users don't know WHAT really is in their stuff.

Todays world is so complicated that you can't understand all the possibilities if you just learned how to use the computer 5 years ago. Without 20yrs experience of all the protocols and programming you even can't imagine what IS possible.
Like I said in an other thread imagine that you just take a photo of your new coffee mug. Really nothing to see in that photo so why not upload that to FB to show your friend the cool 'I'm on faceboob mug'? But what about the camera model stored in those EXIF data? What about the GPS position telling everyone out there where you live? It's those hidden data what is dangerous as most users don't know it's there.
Uploading photos to the web without a special treatment using a 'Export for Web..' feature is really dangerous.

You also won't believe what a singe connection to facebook (or any server) can reveal about you. The operating system you use for example (and that's using the ip packet and not any faked browser settings
).

In my opinion it's much more important to educate the masses about all the possibilities and hidden data in their everyday files. But of cause this is already forbidden in some countries and called 'preparing hacking' to make sure you can't learn this stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mumofson

Well looks like that is just Facebook.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
well its still down how am i gonna cope?

got scrabble games to play

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Attack the common people and you lose support.

An attack on Facebook is an attack on the common people.

I was in one of Lulzsec DDOS attacks on an MMo game recently, one that I pay for.

Yeah they are not attacking me at all.

Personally if you attack MY personal information you are attacking ME and thus have no support and will WELCOME IN DRACONIAN MEASURES which YOU ARE AGAINST. yes I will ... and you all will be WORSE OFF.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

People need to stop "socializing" on Facebook and start learning how to work together and be together in real life again

Too late, the proverbial genie is out of the bottle no amount of wishing will put it back. this IS our future, and It isn't all bad.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I think Facebook certainly has it's benefits but way to many people are just doing all their socializing on line now. Go over to a friends house and watch them check Facebook... it's creepy.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I hope this doesn't come as a huge surprise to everyone because the idea that Anonymous could actually cripple Facebook is fairly ludicrous. The task would be almost impossible,

Actually it's quite possible and don't be surprised if it happens.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I will be honest. I wouldn't lose any sleep at all if FB was destroyed, personally; although I really feel a lot more vitriolic towards Twitter, which I consider a corporate usurper of ircII.

However, as much as I might feel that Facebook was founded from a desire to exploit and harness the limitless superficiality of 14 year old girls, the reality is that the site has also actually managed to do some genuine good; or more specifically, its' users have managed to put it to positive ends.

If we could somehow steer the masses back to ircII, and more decentralised, older forms of Web hosting, then to me, that would be ideal. Assuming, unfortunately, that that is not possible however, Facebook is what we are stuck with. It might be evil; but it is a necessary evil.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
How come I can't update my status. What did you just #ing do Annon? OMG, Facebook is down and let's all blame it on Annon!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

A great hacker could do such; I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You know what… If facebook dissapears overnight I will be very happy. Not only for the privacy issues and the spying it does on the people of the world. But seriously what a perfect waste of time. I got one of my accounts hacked and It never even bothered me to check to have it unhackd. The people on there are usually not really my « FRIENDS » they are just people I know. And for the sake of it.... do you like all of your facebook friends? ….

Hehehe (except STEEEVE I love nagging him everyday)

The thing is I don’t care what my neighbor did yesterday or what food they prefer, or what they like. Seriously I couldn’t give a flying F***. And yes last saturday I ditched my clothes and ran naked in the lake ... so what? Does that even give me; like ....street creds or anything? Nope gives you some facebook approval from people that are just clicking on stuff because the site is THA SHIZZZ right now. They don’t care period.

If ANON was able to have visa on their knees, Well… I am sure they can have facebook down and crying.

I am just wondering if people realise how much of their lives they put into something that really is just a way to know what you are about. Specially to know if you are dangerous to them......

The ELITE bankers are checking how you react to certain things. They are analyzing what to do and they are using the social media to do it all the time. And don’t be surprised either if ANON is not just an extension of this service provided by a state and country that is so corrupt it has entities against each other trying to balance the equation.

But wait.... Theres more... Whatever you wrote in facebook just doesn't leave your computer to the world....

It goes to FEMA centers where they analyze the whole thing, send it to LANGLEY or some other CIA, NSA substations for treatment, where all your information is carefully analyzed for inconsistencies. They use all kinds of profiling techniques and you are either important to them or not. They check you or not. But in essence they are data mining what you like to determine what is feasible and what is not. They control the public opinion and they try and correct to fit between what is socially acceptable or not.

Back in the 20’s organized crime had the same way of doing things…. Just so you know…..

I mean we are already a people (all over the world) that are slaves to our own greed. Money represents exactly that, the human greed. We are controlled by a piece of paper that is worth nothing, by companies and banks that sell us an idea but not an actual concept or proof of it. And now we are told by public pressure to join a site that gives out what you are thinking to those corrupt people in power that have no one elses interests but their own.

You go ahead and tell me that FACEBOOK should be still standing on Nov 5.

Cause I canot.......

I believe the tool should go and hit its own ARSE on the door on its way out.

Plenty of other sites that can be as fun… let facebook fall I say.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
They most likely had found a way to bring down facebook, but im guessing with the maintenance facebook has been doing they closed that window and now they are withdrawing there statement about bringing the website down as the glitch in the system has been found and fixed.

This awareness excuse doesn´t quite cut it for me atleast, kinda undermines the whole credibility of the group.

Remember the time we caused the facebook awareness !!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
In other words..

They are backpeddling because they know the public will stop supporting them and turn on them and hand them in and sign any solution that requires greater accountability and control on the internet.

Finally, they woke up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As much as I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends... I'd support the take down... as it would kill lots of drama... I've tried deleting my account 3 times... But yet, it's active... Each time I try I get lots of spam from Facebook enticing my return... I used the download feature to download my account... it kept records of everything since the day I started it... I personally believe Facebook misspelled: "delete account" and was thinking instead: "Keep it active forever".

I've always been and have tried to help my friends/family be security conscious on Facebook and I never use my credit cards on there. I know too much about how vulnerable the Internet really is, as I help program it.

I'm still waiting for the day I can walk away from Bookface.
I almost feel trapped within.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A shame really.

A social networking site that i and many others feel has overstepped boundries. Sure... Facebook only knows what you put on there, but there unwillingness to erase when requested and instead holding all information for future refernce i feel is an extreme measure from a company that offers the worlds sheeple a way to connect on many different levels.

As i'm very sure most people use facebook with utter innocence and ignorance to the use of their data. and i believe on that note, facebook should if anything provide the service without all the kind of 'police state' undertones.

my disappointment spirals from the fact that we have this 'anonymous' movement happening which i believe has rocketed and offered support (even if it may be a false group) and encouragement to people who otherwise wouldn't have jumped out of their seats and voiced their opinions as of late.

I visit my facebook once a month, to catch up with certain people over fb chat, to be frank, i think it would be very uplifting if anonymous in cooperation with many from around the world, intentionally disrupted facebooks operation. Firstly to show they can do it, (further adding to the support of the people) and secondly to show facebook they can be brought down and maybe should show a little more consideration for the people who use their service and respec peoples privacy (also disrupting their cash flow, with the intention of showing them, if it happened on november the 5th - it can happen again)

im sure a few hours of facebook being down, to even a day would show other companies and people who think about advertising with them in the future, actually they're not such a sound investment, especially when their actions can be taken as quite controversial.

People will bitch, people will moan. But im sure they will be fine for one day.

On another note, maybe anon should kill FB and forward facebook through to ATS, a day of alternative viewing for the masses.

If that action opens 100 more peoples eyes, in my view they have done a good thing

Theres still hope isn't there?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I hope this doesn't come as a huge surprise to everyone because the idea that Anonymous could actually cripple Facebook is fairly ludicrous. The task would be almost impossible, and perhaps THE WORST 'operation' imaginable for the group in regard to public relations. If you read the whole article one of the guys involved with the initial plan states, "Even if it succeeded, Facebook has a lot of users, and we want to help people, not hurt them." Take that with a grain of salt, since you can't define Anonymous you can't really define it's member base or individual motives.

Well there you have it. If you were worried you no longer need to be. If you thought it was ridiculous you were right.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They gave a day. So what that means is on Nov. 5th, they want people's and authorities attention to be on facebook, while they really go do whatever it is they plan to do.

For anon...taking down facebook would probably be what the gov wants. because it would get the young kids against hackers......and would be used to influence more control and privacy issues.

That is what the gov wants...which is why the gov made that anon video.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here i was hoping they send Facebook into oblivion ... (sigh)....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

CIA/Globalists/Foriegn policy think tanks/Bilderberg/Bohemian grove = ministry of truth.

al-quaeda/Anon/Assenge/Gaddafi/bin laden/taliban = emmanuel goldstein

Done playing thier game of hide and seek?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join