It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons Why American Riots Will Be The Worst In The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn
reply to post by ldyserenity

The world economy is going to collapse, not because they (TPTB) don't have a plan, but because they're incompetent, and their plan isn't going to work. It happened in the past with Rome, and it will happen to USA, as well.

I do not know if incompetence is the right name to use, given that no system lasts forever. I think they will first exhaust this model to put into practice a new paradigm.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The thing I see is that no one will do anything, North Americans are pretty much afraid of their own governments that they don't stand up for their rights, look at Europe, South America and the Middle East, even Asia they will stop at nothing to retain their rights and usually succeed in getting sweeping changes done.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If you were to read some accounts of the American Revolution, many of the fire fights are "old scores" being settled between neighbors, using the fog of war as cover.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Is it just me and problems with the Internet,or does anyone else have problems?
Are they messing with my Internet because of what I posted?
I am using my back up means to communicate.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
you can just smell the desperation. but why are folks so desperate for the dollar to collapse, and for bloodshed ?

I think many see it as the only way to bring about change in the country, it must be destroyed before it can be rebuilt.

Two very important points made there. The question is "Why?" and part of that answer is the need to start from the roots.

Reaching way back to some economics class long ago, I believe it was Alexander Hamilton who wrote to the effect that he believed the American economy would periodically be shaken to its roots, but always followed by even greater prosperity and strength. So far, that has been accurate.

It might be worth noting that the Constitution of the United States can be, and has been, interpreted to suggest that ANYTHING the government can do to save the economy is not only valid, but required. It is China now, but back in the late 1970s it was Iran who had huge holdings and there was talk of bank and real estate collapse.

That may be a false fear. The US was ready, willing, and able to simply seize any foreign owned assets which if withdrawn could threaten the economy. Often forgotten by Americans, but the rest of the world is not protected by US law-- US law, by Constitution, protects Americans and their government-- everyone else can be sacrificed. That is rather the nature of the autonomy of any nation.

Whats that old line of economics? Something like, "If the American economy sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold?"

It is not difficult to imagine the government response to the beginnings of civil unrest in the US. It will NOT, principally, be government forces against its own civilians. Instead, it will be what it has always been: Find a common enemy which unites the nation.

When and if civil unrest begins on a significant scale in the US, I would not want to be a Mexican drug lord, I would not want to be a European "ally" selling and building nuclear breeder reactor technology to and in the Middle East, I would not want to be in a nation with an oil embargo against the US, and I would not want to be in any way associated with any nation or people who can be seen as acting as an enemy of the US.

Any nation or group of nations which seeks to harm the US if the US seems economically vulnerable is forgetting what American leadership knows: The US can and will use its other strengths to protect itself.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Because they have watched everybody else first and becaus they realise that they have been conned the most!!! And lost a lot of loved ones as a result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

I dont think so. But I really hope this dont go that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join