It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons Why American Riots Will Be The Worst In The World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Read this article written in 2008.

Revolution, food riots in America by 2012'

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012. Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week. Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

www.commodityonline.com...

Now,with our current infrastructure old and falling apart,the current job situation and with the current economy,
I think,with 2012 just around the corner,this may come true.
edit on 10-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

BTW this is the guy,Gerald Celente who has predicted this.

www.trendsresearch.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by kdog1982
It will start with lone gunmen committing mass shootings/murders.
That has already happened here in the US.
There will be more and more.
It will slowly spread as things get worst,
until mass looting's and riots hit the streets in our poorest of neighborhoods .
Then we will start seeing the rich and elite being attacked and robbed.

It has already begun here,but nobody seems aware of it or even cares until
it affects them directly.

I'm sorry but the rich and elite deserve it, there have been many times where churches, hospitals asked for aid for rich people and they turned the deaf ear and went to the Bahamas. Need I say more ? The rich will be brutalised

You're nearly right. The poorest will start looting and riots in the poor neighborhoods, but the 'rich' won't be the next target. It will be the middle class (or what's left of it). The middle class are constantly shown in the media of having the good life, but that has been slowly eroded by design. The rich will get away. The middle class will bear the brunt of the fury. Good windows and a relatively new car will be shown as 'rich persons trappings' and the neighborhoods of suburbia will become chaos. Note how in England there were attacks on shopkeepers who were portrayed by the rioters as the rich. They are not 'the rich.' The rich were on vacation, and complaining how they had to cut short their vacations and what expenses they incurred. Net loss to the rich? Zero. Net loss the middle class? Not yet worked out - but in the millions.

The top tier will not suffer one iota. A burned local bank branch puts quite a few local, middle class people out of a job, and gains amazing insurance payouts for the central office of that bank. They've placed their bet. They can cut their losses (i.e. collect the massive, over-valued insurance payout) and abandon the branch. A burned local store wipes out the investments of the middle class guy who saved, borrowed, and toiled to live the American dream (also a lie, but here is not the forum for that).

If it gets too "hot," the corporations just move more jobs overseas. The rich don't suffer at all. In the last three years of ever dwindling wealth in the country, the rich have been harvesting wealth without faltering. How did they do it? They designed it that way. A foreclosure by a bank was once a 'bad thing' for the bank. Now they've been deregulated, they absolutely pray for it - because it makes them more money on the bet! That is why the 125% mortgages were so prevalent. They were betting on the foreclosure! You lose your savings, your house, your credit rating, and they make much more money than they ever would have from the mortgage payments. Hooray!

Had all the "protestors" in England (and I use the country, rather than the UK or Britain because it all happened in England) banded together, they would have had an amazing voice collectively. Instead they chose local looting to assuage short term poverty. That's the plan. We're conditioned to think locally rather than nationally, or globally. Ever wonder why the evening News shows very little about the rest of the world? It's to keep you focussed locally. They don't want you seeing the protests against the despots (that were supported by US foreign policy) in case you get any funny ideas.

If the US ever gets to the stage England is at now, it will be by design rather than by a 'bubbling over.' Mark my words, the real rich will not suffer at all.

The US is the ONLY nation in the 'free' world that is afraid of its government rather than the government being afraid of the people. That's by design too. You've been conditioned.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A lot of people seem to be forgetting about Canada, many different things can happen as well if your side has issues about riots, since we do a lot of trade with the US, and these riots happen, that can throw us into disarray as well because you guys purchase so much from us, it will be a lose lose situation, so many countries want our natural resources as well.

However with markets crashing and it affecting both sides, both sides will be in disorder, one sides leadership we have one guy who had a lot of issues to deal with in regards to their elections, and now lowest approval rating, trying to get a countries debt under control.

On the other side we have a leader whose been fighting for a majority government, very reminiscent of GWB got his majority and now people think it will not help the poor and those on welfare.

There are a lot of variables with what could happen. But I still think we all are just too complacent and we just worry whats for dinner tonight and the latest celebrity scandal.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I remember this, here is the vid:

Interviewed: it is going to be far worse than the great depression

Interviewer: Waooooo.

But I still hope things will calm down. Although I am realistic enough to be very concerned. The deal is to be prepared for the worst, without losing hope of better days.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I'm sorry but the rich and elite deserve it, there have been many times where churches, hospitals asked for aid for rich people and they turned the deaf ear and went to the Bahamas. Need I say more ? The rich will be brutalised

There are some rich people that don't give to charity, therefore all rich people "deserve it" when the revolution comes.

Also, just curious what your definition of "rich" is. This can be an extremely important data point when brutalizing people. Is it 50K, 100K, 200K, 1,000,000 + ?

I'm just trying to find out if there is a business opportunity in classifying "good" rich people from "bad" rich people. Maybe a card ID system one could show an angry mob for a free pass. Of course, I would not want to get rich from such as business.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Some people think a business owner is rich, my dad owns a business, however he lives within his means, the competing carpentry businesses the old owner of one down the road drives a Mazerotti, the one that was supposed to create jobs in the city but messed up the owners drive Cadillac Escalades the thing is not all business owners are rich, many will live within their means.

But its a skewed perception, a lot of people think if a person owns a business they have lots of money, but most times that isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by Heartisblack

There are some rich people that don't give to charity, therefore all rich people "deserve it" when the revolution comes.

Also, just curious what your definition of "rich" is. This can be an extremely important data point when brutalizing people. Is it 50K, 100K, 200K, 1,000,000 + ?

I'm just trying to find out if there is a business opportunity in classifying "good" rich people from "bad" rich people. Maybe a card ID system one could show an angry mob for a free pass. Of course, I would not want to get rich from such as business.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

If you don't own an oil company or bank,you should be safe.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's all about greed.

Our government needs to make a list of what they feel they will do for the Americans and quick. Can they stop income tax on those who make less than $50,000 per year? Can any one of our senators, congressmen, or representatives accept a pay cut of 33%? Announce that lobbyists will most certainly be banned from politics?

There are several things they can do right now to make the people relax a bit while they (the government) start to take this seriously. I'd be happy if the states collectively announced that all necessities will be tax free.

They've got to do something for the American people or I'll be forced to believe that they want bloodshed.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The theivery has already quadrupuled after 9/11 and is worse now. Just today i witnessed two young girls stealing at superamerica. I came around the corner and the ladies were bent down and shoving candy bars down their bra. The funny thing was that i spotted them and they spotted me, but they still kept shoving down the bra. Then they walked out without paying. Two days ago i saw this woman putting meats in her big carry bag. A week ago i saw this woman taking bottles of vitamins and putting them in her trenchcoat pockets and who knows what else she had under there. About 12 days ago i saw this old woman pocketing cough drops. Another day i watched these young men take several knives at the flea market. I noticed a four year old take several candy bars and the mother acted as if she did not notice and they walked out of the store. I was in wallmart getting socks and i happen to notice this man. At first i really did not pay to much attention to him, but when i saw him again, i thought he was wearing a different shirt. Again, i just let it go. Yet again, i litterally ran into this person, i said excuse me and he was wearing a different shirt. By this time, I TOOK NOTICE. I followed him to see where this person was changing his cloths. YEP, just as i thought. He went into the bathroom and came out with another different shirt on. When he went by me i noticed the other shirt color around his neck. Apparently this person grabbed a shirt, went to the bathroom, put the shirt on over the other shirts, walked out to his car, drove off, parked, took all his shirts off except the one, drove back to the store and started all over again. A year ago i noticed a woman with handicapped children and adults come into target. Two of the handicapped adults walked by me when i was in the kitchen/housewares dept. and went to the shoe dept. I could not find what i wanted and i started walking towards the shoe dept. I watched one of the handicapped adults accidently nock over some shoes. I gave a smile and the other handicapped adult saw me smile and he smiled back. He then started to nock down all the shoes laughing out loud. I only thought to myself, what have i done and walked away. I ran into the lady who was supposed to be watching these people and she was stuffing movies into this handicapped persons bag. She saw that i saw her and she said out loud, Now susan you cannot do that, put it back. Then she reached back into the bag and put the movie back in the rack. I just rolled my eyes at her. A person i know went into this grocery store with this big bulky jacket and 10 minutes later came out with lobster, steaks, braughts,pork chops, and a whole bunch of those exspensive hot dogs and that was the last time i met him. I asked him why he was wearing such a bulky jacket for his size. He said it was his brothers jacket and was borrowing it and that is when he shifted and a pack of steaks fell out. He asked if i could carry some and he would give me something. I looked at him and i said, see ya later, cause i had a feeling it was all stolen. He had about 5 blocks to his house, i just left. Who knows, maybe he got caught. I have seen so much people taking things these days. I figured because of the ECONOMY and alot of people out of work, no money, drove them to steal. If the economy tanks, i can only see all mayhan in the streets. Out of control peoples with the mind set of a pillager,rapist and a killer. The movie, MAD MAX comes to mind or beyond thunderdome.
I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hell, let's get rid of income tax all together!

The only things that will be taxed are what you buy and win on the stock market and gambling. Also, stop the useless War on Drugs so those can be legalized and taxed, too.

This is the only way our government will lsoe power and have to listen to the people again.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Hell, let's get rid of income tax all together!

The only things that will be taxed are what you buy and win on the stock market and gambling. Also, stop the useless War on Drugs so those can be legalized and taxed, too.

This is the only way our government will lsoe power and have to listen to the people again.

That would be a go start,but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Also to add, most Americans carry guns. This added into factors like, arrogance, denial and so on, would lead to a lot of lost lives.

SOME Americans OWN guns (true statement), is not the same as "MOST Americans CARRY guns" (false statement). The latter is simply a blatant falsehood, and shows a high level of ignorance and speaking out ones own bum.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well,it's starting locally here in my backyard with protest to Mitch McConnell's office.

Protest Held At McConnell's Louisville Office

Local residents angered by the recent debt deal gathered outside U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell's office Wednesday. The group of unemployed and underemployed demanded McConnell focus on job creation rather than cuts to programs. The participants said the cuts to the programs affect the middle class, but asks nothing of big corporations and millionaires. "We are sending a strong message," said Keith Rouea of MoveOn.org. "We need to focus on job creation and put deficit reduction on the back burner, and we can deal with it once we have a stronger economy." The New American Dream Movement organized the rally and other rallies across the country last month. The organization said it is hoping to preserve the American dream, including fighting to find jobs for Americans.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I agree that it has already begun. I think of Jesse James and John Dillenger and the fact that they stole from the rich and the poor thought they were heroes of sorts and in fact they became folk heroes. I don't know if and when Americans will start to organize in groups with a common purpose but I feel there would need to be a very significant event to cause it. We shall see. I ask myself what would it take for me to get off the couch and march in the streets? That is the question.
edit on 10-8-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

I agree that it has already begun. I think of Jesse James and John Dillenger and the fact that they stole from the rich and the poor thought they were heroes of sorts and in fact they became folk heroes. I don't know if and when Americans will start to organize in groups with a common purpose but I feel there would need to be a very significant event to cause it. We shall see. I ask myself what would it take for me to get off the couch and march in the streets? That is the question.

Good point.
What it would take for me if my kids were hungry and I had no money or food for them.
I could hunt enough food for us,but with all the money that is sitting out there ,I shouldn't have too.
It would take a lack of money and food to start the revolution in America.
Let me restate that.
It would take an increase of food prices that would significantly hit hard on the American public.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It wouldn't be riots in the US, like in England.

It would be a war, because both sides are armed.

If what happened in England this week starts in the US and spreads, it would be civil war.

And I don't know what the Yanks are waiting for, as the American people would win. And win easily.

I agree. Somewhere the first shots will start and it will escalade into what you forsee. The problem is that even then, there won't be much of a solution available after the people win, as America will still be divided down the middle on most issues. Until the people can come to a consensus, other than "Washington sucks", Washington can't provide solutions. It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

I ask myself what would it take for me to get off the couch and march in the streets? That is the question.

That is THE key question to everyone. Good post and point.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Guns is the biggest reason why it would be the worst in the world.

The "guns solve everything" mindset would see thousands up thousands killed, mostly non rioters.

We have Americans in the England riots threat saying guns would have solved everything and how theyd shoot the rioters. They conveniently forget the rioters would also have guns and outnumber them 50 to 1.

Americans would be defenceless against them because if they fire a gun, they would be dead from 50 people firing back.

Anyone living in an urban environment ought to be extremely worried.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here's my 2¢ as to why I agree with the article:

The mainstream American media is extremely focused on highlighting differences, and creating US vs. THEM scenarios, which causes the blame for any situation to be "their fault".

"It's the other political parties fault! No. It's the other sexually oriented group's fault! No, It's the different skin color's fault! No. It's the commies! The fascists! The capitalists! The astronauts!!! (what? ... shut up and hit'em with your bat!)"

This situation would lead to violence for violence's sake, with no concentrated effort or direction for any specific change, just groups of people all convinced that the "other people" are to blame therefore directing their violence against this particular group.
Of course, the media will have a hay day, emphasizing the events (and which group is to blame) causing more backlash and, in effect, causing a feedback loop which can only degenerate into more pointless violence.

Let's hope it doesn't get to that, and people realize that massive house cleaning of corrupt leadership is an essential starting point for real change.

the Billmeister

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i believe a truth will come out that the govt cannot deny or distract from ie aliens 911 something that once revealed will kill all trust in any form of authority and then the riots will begin a kind of civil war that will devastate the political structure and true to form the govt will lash back all in the name of keeping the peace and American soldiers will have a choice follow orders to fire on American citizens or join the rebellion what I am worried about are the nukes
either way were all fu@#$% especially the ones in power it's only a matter of time.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join