It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: August 2011 : More British UFO files released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Good stuff, should be fun to go through the files. I'm having some internet problems, I don't suppose there is any chance of a summary on the "Mork and Mindy" case and possibly put the photo of 'a flying saucer above town hall' into the thread? If not, no problem. Just two more years worth of reports and that's our lot!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Good stuff, should be fun to go through the files. I'm having some internet problems, I don't suppose there is any chance of a summary on the "Mork and Mindy" case and possibly put the photo of 'a flying saucer above town hall' into the thread?

The "Mork and Mindy" case is covered on The Sun's website this morning:

www.thesun.co.uk...

A FAMILY claim they were visited by aliens who called themselves Mork and Mindy - in East Dulwich.
The astonishing report emerged in new secret "X Files" released from the National Archives.

The mum and daughter said the incident happened after they spotted lights above their South London home.

They claimed they were later visited by two cops and the mysterious pair dressed in spacesuits in 2003.

The "aliens" carried a transmitter which kept clicking.

The photo of 'a flying saucer above town hall is at the bottom of that article and is embedded below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00e1cf9dedfb.jpg[/atsimg]

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 11-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Oh my God i just read the first two new PDF files and i can tell you,it's really amazing.

They release more and more interesting documents.

Really amazing.

Thank you Isak, S&F!

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

I don't know if the MoD are trying to shield us from the truth or actually attempted to get to the bottom of UFO's but I don't buy the fact this is all they have to say from it. I'm starting to doubt if they actually did find anything of major importance, but then again they never admitted to that.

Maybe we need the USA to release some documents!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK

Hi VraxUK,

In relation to your comment about needing the USA to release some documents, I don't know if you have seen my recent thread at the link below:

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK
reply to post by Nikola014

I don't know if the MoD are trying to shield us from the truth or actually attempted to get to the bottom of UFO's but I don't buy the fact this is all they have to say from it. I'm starting to doubt if they actually did find anything of major importance, but then again they never admitted to that.

Well think about it in this way.

Do you really think they are going to release all the big stuff now?

Of course not.

They are going to release some parts of this "big stuff" and eventually,we'll have the bigger picture.

Cheers.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for the info. The "Mork and Mindy" thing is confusing me a little. They observed something in the sky, a crowd gathered, including policemen - and within the crowd were two people/aliens called Mork & Mindy were there, am I getting this right? Then later the police denied it. I don't know, from the websites reporting that case they're all a bit vague and confusing.

Also, why do these documents have a fee on them after a month? Am I not able to get the older documents any more for free? Surely someone is putting these files on their own servers somewhere?

Anyway thanks again for the info and pic.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Thanks for the info. The "Mork and Mindy" thing is confusing me a little. They observed something in the sky, a crowd gathered, including policemen - and within the crowd were two people/aliens called Mork & Mindy were there, am I getting this right? Then later the police denied it. I don't know, from the websites reporting that case they're all a bit vague and confusing.

I'll dig out the relevant documents shortly.

Also, why do these documents have a fee on them after a month?

To help reduce the burden on us British taxpayers.

Am I not able to get the older documents any more for free?

Not on the official website...

Surely someone is putting these files on their own servers somewhere?

Several people have, including an Irish UFO group.

All the best,

Isaac

Anyway thanks again for the info and pic.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. However you won't find any answers in those documents.

I mean you've got to ask yourself, why doesn't my government know whos, or what these are. They are basically hiding or they don't know for whatever reason(s). Isn't that a security risk in itself?

edit on 11-8-2011 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Nick Pope discusses the new files (including the "Mork and Mindy" incident) in the ITN News video below:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

No one has proved aliens are in those crafts, why do so many people cry for proof when this is a conspiracy website

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
A brief feature by the BBC. It includes a fine example of a lens flare photograph, too. ...
UFO claims were not investigated

I'm embedding below a video of the BBC News report on this release:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi Isaac- thanks again for your tireless work.

Have downloaded the latest, and have noticed an interesting sighting by RAF Tornado pilots in 1990 over Dutch(!) airspace. Described as 'large aeroplane shaped, with multiple white lights and one steady blue light', it came along their right side at the same altitude whilst they travelled at mach 0.8. It then moved into their 12 o'clock and accelerated away. The pilot comments that they were accompanied by 2 other Tornados who also would have seen it. They 'possibly idented it as stealth a/c', although which stealth a/c would be a) present over another NATO countries airspace without warning and b) would 'buzz' a formation of Tornados, then have the ability to outpace them (bearing in mind the performance of the F117 & B2) has yet to be identified!

There is a further document from RAF Fylingdales (early warning defence radar), concerning the orbital decay of Russian Proton-Gorizont rocket, which may or may not have been visible in the general area/time of the sighting. However, I think it unlikely that space debris burning up in the atmosphere could have displayed the flight characteristics reported.

Fascinating stuff indeed. Will continue to read and report.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Will continue to read and report.

Thanks. While I've downloaded the files, I'm going to try to resist the temptation to read them until I've completed at least my project regarding astronomers. It's just too easy to get distracted...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
More articles about the new releases are now online, including:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Files reveal Blackburn MoD police UFO sighting

The object was said to be about 30ft (9m) across Continue reading the main story

Newly-released government documents have shown how three Ministry of Defence police officers spotted a UFO over Blackburn in 1979.

The files include a written description of how the object flew over the Royal Ordnance Factory (ROF) on 24 February 1979. They also include a drawing.

The object was said to be about 30ft (9m) across. As it flew off over Darwen, it lit up several streets.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Diplomat

Ive read your arguments that Aliens are Demons and they manifest themselves into UFO's but you provided no proof. I would like to see this proof.

A lot of people believe this.... (what you wrote above) ...and I really don't understand why. The people that I have talked to that believe this are fundamentalist Christians....when I ask them for proof...they can't give me any.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Greetings Caladonea,

Agree 100% with your point about religious perspectives tainting these fantastic events - look for the facts that fit your religious perspective and ‘Voila’…the perfect mix of religious theology in the mix … a little from here…a little from there and you have the perfect nonsense explanation for something occurring that is a million miles (or light years in this case) away from what’s actually occurring.

Fairs fair though I did look up the history and meaning of demon which could be where their terminology is coming from which we may be interpreting as religious fanaticism or fear mongering:

Demon or Daemon, Diamon; from Ancient Greek, is a supernatural being from various religions, occultisms, literatures, and folklores that is described as something that is not human and, in ordinary (almost universal) usage, malevolent. The original neutral Greek word "daimon" does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine (Hellenistic and New Testament Greek) δαιμόνιον (daimonion),[1] and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root, originally intended to denote a spirit or spiritual being.
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I think (and from too many instances to recollect) that it is not simply ‘little green men from Mars’ because there are far too many other things at work in existence that would contradict this matter. I feel very sincerely sorry for people who experience this phenomena and do not embrace it but let society scare three kinds of La-La out of them or worse ridicule them to the point they do not want to speak about what they have experienced.

I also know that certain people in the UK who are supposedly working to investigate phenomena are doing little more than pretending to.

One more thing…Caladonea your signature ‘…we live only in one realm of existence; parallel universes are all around us…’ - is a lot closer to the truth than you may think.

Jaedan S Wintersong

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join