It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: August 2011 : More British UFO files released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Newspaper websites are starting to report a new release of files in Britain.

The files will probably be available on the National Archives website at the link below in the next few minutes:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

Edit : Yep, they are now there, with the following outline:

The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents, drawings, letters and parliamentary questions covering the years 1985-2007.

Read eyewitness accounts of UFO sightings, see the picture of a ‘flying saucer’ which was sent for analysis by defence experts and discover the bizarre story of ‘Mork and Mindy's' visit to East Dulwich.

Start by reading our highlights guide (PDF, 397kb) to help you navigate your way through the files released in August 2011.

Seven files in this tranche (DEFE 31/182/1-188/1) contain copies of numerous UFO reports made by members of the public and submitted to MoD between April 1993 and July 1996. These reports are duplicates of papers from tranche #4 of the UFO files, released by The National Archives in August 2009 (DEFE 24/1959/1-1961/1 and DEFE 24/1974/1-76/1 on the webpage).

Dr David Clarke (one of the few academics in Britain with an open interest in UFO reports) has worked with the UK's National Archives in relation to the releases of these batches of the British Government's UFO files - so I would expect him to publish one of his informative brief guides to the new files on his blog at about midnight:

edit: yes, here we go:
drdavidclarke.co.uk...

The truth about a bogus story published by two tabloid newspapers in 1998 that claimed the early warning station, RAF Fylingdales, had tracked a UFO “as big as a battleship” moving at fantastic speeds (DEFE 24/2047/1).

Papers on the unexplained sighting of two cigar-shaped UFOs by pilot Ray Bowyer and passengers on a Trislander aircraft near Alderney, in the Channel Islands, in April 2007 (DEFE 24/2081/1)

More than 70 pages of censored documents containing the MoD’s internal discussions surrounding the clearance of Nick Pope’s book Open Skies Closed Minds, published in 1996 (DEFE 24/2091/1).

Dave also has a new page here about these files:
drdavidclarke.co.uk...

On 11 August 2011 The National Archives opened 34 formerly secret Ministry of Defence UFO files. The files can be downloaded from the TNA’s UFO page here, along with a highlights guide and a podcast summarising the key stories.

This is my personal summary of the highlights from the eighth, and possibly the penultimate, release of this disclosure programme. In my opinion these papers provide the most detailed and revealing insight into British government UFO policy in the decade before the closure of the MoD’s UFO desk in 2009.

Newspaper coverage should kick off shortly. So far it includes:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

UFO files: Mork and Mindy visited East Dulwich

The latest batch of UFO files released today contain sightings of mysterious lights over the Glastonbury Festival, a ''flying saucer'' outside Retford town hall and the bizarre story of ''Mork and Mindy's'' visit to East Dulwich.

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

Huge flying jellyfish spotted over Scotland

Harrier jets in a dogfight with a "bright light" above the Queen's Highland home at Balmoral and a glowing white ball "like a flying jellyfish" over East Kilbride are among the alleged UFO sightings made to the Ministry of Defence.
The National Archives' latest batch of "alien activity", released yesterday, reveals sightings by the Scottish public, newspaper reports and official inquiries. The register shows that there were 61 reports between 2002 and 2006 alone.

The also include a "glowing white flashing light" seen over St Andrews on the evening of New Year's Day 2002, to the "huge white ball that glowing. Looked like a flying jellyfish" over East Kilbride.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

MoD priorities 'stopped UFOs study'
Thursday, 11 August 2011

A lack of resources and "higher priorities" at the Ministry of Defence prevented a full-scale study of the thousands of UFO reports that have been made since the Second World War, according to official documents.
The observation is contained in a 1995 internal memo from a wing commander in DI55, the branch of the Defence Intelligence Staff (DIS) which was responsible for assessing UFO reports.

The author concludes that there was no longer any reason to continue denying intelligence interest in UFOs, although the public perception of the unit as a "defender of the Earth from the alien menace" was "light years from the truth".

But he thought few people would believe the truth and that lack of funds and higher priorities had prevented a full study of UFO sightings.

As with past releases, I expect there will be quite of coverage online in the next few hours.

To get a flavour of the comments that are likely to following the latest batch of files, some of you may remember the threads in relation to some of the earlier batches - including:

October 2008 : Britain releasing more UFO files

March 2009 : New release of UFO files in UK - March 2009

February 2010 : More UFO files released - UK February 2010 (including VIDEO overview showing images)

March 2011: Britain's latest batch of UFO files - March 2011
All the best,

Isaac

edit on 10-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

S&F

Thank you!!!! Files are being released left and right!!!! is this normal?

ps... Isaac, YOU ARE THE BEST!

WOW.... another sleepless night!!!!

edit on 10-8-2011 by Rocks123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The coverage has increased considerably in the last few minutes (probably because stories were subject to an embargo until midnight):

www.express.co.uk...

MOD ‘LACKED FUNDS’ TO PROBE UFOS

THE day a pair of aliens called Mork and Mindy landed in suburbia is among UFO sightings recorded in a new batch of ­Britain’s X-Files just released.

Reports also include floating lights at the Glastonbury pop festival, a photo of a UFO over a town hall and aliens at Balmoral, the Queen’s Highland retreat.

But the papers also reveal that the Ministry of Defence did not have the resources to investigate alien landings. In 1995 a Wing Commander wrote: “Few will believe that lack of funds have prevented any study of the thousands of reports received.”

And in 2000, MoD officials admitted they had “no remit to defend the Earth against asteroids (or little green men)”. The 9,000 pages of reports, photos and drawings were released to the National Archives by the MoD.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

ALIENS have been spotted at Glastonbury festival.

Mysterious lights were seen ­hovering over Glasto’s Pyramid Stage when R.E.M. and ­Radiohead were top of the bill.

The drug-free and sober sighting in 2003 was ­revealed in the latest batch of Ministry of Defence UFO files to be made public.

They contained top-secret information about several high-profile UFO ­“invasions”, including Britain’s most famous sighting near RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk in 1980.

edit on 10-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The National Archive page on UFOs has now been updated.

The new files are now there, as predicted (a pretty safe prediction...):

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

Downloading...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm getting so tired of this. More files, supposed accounts of seeing an UFO and all this speculation about them. Why can't they just show themselves to the whole world?! I'm just tired of all this waiting while senseless atrocities continue to occur. Is it going to be like 2050 and we still have the same problems. I've read stories about how they are concerned about us using nuclear weapons and show up mor3 frequently during times of war...but I guess we got ourselves into this problem...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
I'm getting so tired of this. More files, supposed accounts of seeing an UFO and all this speculation about them. Why can't they just show themselves to the whole world?! I'm just tired of all this waiting while senseless atrocities continue to occur. Is it going to be like 2050 and we still have the same problems. I've read stories about how they are concerned about us using nuclear weapons and show up mor3 frequently during times of war...but I guess we got ourselves into this problem...

I kind of understand why they will not simply land. The chances are that they would significantly interact with Earth in case of Nuclear war, which could destroy all humans or even worse. Otherwise there is no major reason for them to land and say hello. They know that we are dumb and that we would not welcome anyone nicely. Let's face it, we have the technology and a huge number of good and well educated people, but majority is still very stiupid and willing to kill even for fun.
edit on 10-8-2011 by zbyszek420 because: A small mistake.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zbyszek420

Yeh, I've read all different stuff.

So many things.

To give a general view from everything I have learned:

There is a coming change, a massive change.

This will result in the mass sightings of UFO's.

On one hand these could be malevolent Nephilim coming to attack us. On the other they could be Benevolent beings coming to save us. Then again, they could both be coming at the same time, in different densities/dimensions.

We are definitely going to change. In what way I cannot decipher just yet.

One one hand we could have our DNA re-instated back to pre-reptilian intervention. On the other hand there may be only a select few who get the upgrade and then the rest of civilization have to continue to live in 3rd density for a whole cycle, also having to experience the cataclysm, unlike those in 4th density.

One thing I am certain about, they are definitely intervening when it comes to ballistic nukes. I believe the reason is because these are easily located. I also believe that there are several different species of beings here and orbiting our planet. I believe they have a vested interest in inhibiting our technology because we do not how to responsibly use it.

There's just so much to it, and thats just considering things in 3rd density format.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thats great they gave the people more of the same....Yes we scrambled jets to see what the reports are about no we didnt catch anything and we dont have the money top look into it further..BS if they wanna disclose something let me see a video from the forward mounted cameras on the fighters scrambled to intercept then we'll have some disclosure

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

It's because there are no benevolent races of space aliens here. lol, that part should be obvious by now.

The UFO phenomenon can be explained by man-made technology and some sort of extradimensional/spiritual element that we don't seem to understand much yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
Thats great they gave the people more of the same....Yes we scrambled jets to see what the reports are about no we didnt catch anything and we dont have the money top look into it further..BS if they wanna disclose something let me see a video from the forward mounted cameras on the fighters scrambled to intercept then we'll have some disclosure

I agree.

Most people act like these file releases are alien disclosure, when they actually are only reports of things that are still unidentified.

If there were any advanced benevolent races of space aliens here on our planet we would all know about it by now.

There is some sort of malevolent force at work here though. This is obvious because they choose to remain hidden. Most UFO reports I see resemble a spiritual/extradimensional phenomenon, not a physical space alien phenomenon.
edit on 8/10/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Pilot Ray Bowyer...Ray Bowyer was a drunk builder who went mad on the island of Taransay in 2000 on a BBC TV show called Castaway.

As for Fylingdales (RAF) - Isnt it actually a US Early Warning Station from cold war era - I remember the hippy caravan protesting there and the golf balls! Surely that place is/was geared up for tracking UFO's and I am suprised there is just the one report.

And for intercepting, well I think that there are a few bases where jets are on 24 hr standby and they do not cover the whole of the UK - just intercepters for the Russians, UK would rely on Germany, Holland and France to intercept anything coming over the continent and as no threats would come from the atlantic there is no fighter cover on stand by so depending on where the UFOs were tracked would depend if a jet could even get there.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Not everyone thinks the worse about what ever is visiting us.

Care to elaborate on how a spiritual being can cross dimensions and build an Alien Space Craft.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Not everyone thinks the worse about what ever is visiting us.

Care to elaborate on how a spiritual being can cross dimensions and build an Alien Space Craft.

An alien space craft?

What alien spacecraft are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ive read your arguments that Aliens are Demons and they manifest themselves into UFO's but you provided no proof. I would like to see this proof.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Love the comments on Nick Pope book on defe-24-2091-1:

A great pity that a more permanent abduction by aliens cant be arranged. Im not suprised they didnt want to keep him.

Classic

There is also an interesting sighting by 3 policement on duty at Royal Ordanance in Blackburn, everything is duplicated too and there is huge proof of the military bureaucracy.

edit on 10-8-2011 by MisterBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The fact that all of our corrupt governments are releasing all this information at roughly the same time right before 2012 is very suspicious

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

...there was no longer any reason to continue denying intelligence interest in UFOs, although the public perception of the unit as a "defender of the Earth from the alien menace" was "light years from the truth".

Step by step, Isaac! Step by step.....

Gutta cavat lapidem!

S&F, again. As usual!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Quite a few more articles about this online this morning, including:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Welsh UFO sightings revealed in latest government files

Other highlights from the files include:

MoD notes on the infamous Berwyn Mountains incident of 1974. Dubbed the Welsh Roswell, official files have previously shown it was dismissed as an earthquake and a meteor combining

Confirmation that a UFO sighting in January 1974 reported in 2006 at Llandrillo in Denbighshire was probably a Canberra aircraft taking pictures of the area as part of a training exercise

Response to a Freedom of Information request from 2005, listing all reported Welsh sightings for 2002-2005. These include "two round objects with legs, which were black and spinning" over the Rhondda in July 2003 and a "roundish, football-shaped object" over Maesteg in August 2003. There were also reports of a large round disc "slightly smaller than the moon", changing from creamy white to green over Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan in January 2003.

A request by Labour MP Martin Caton about sightings of lights his constituents had reported over Swansea in October 1998. The MoD explained these were probably two Sea King helicopters, one from RAF Chivenor and one from RAF Valley, given permission to land at Swansea Airport on 8 October.

www.mirror.co.uk...

UFO sightings revealed

Strange lights over a music festival, a flying saucer near a town hall and a visit from Mork and Mindy are some of the UFO sightings contained in files released today.

Alex Birch took a photo of the flying saucer in 2004 and sent it to the MoD, which said: “No definitive conclusions can be made.”

But moisture on his camera lens may explain the sighting in Retford, Notts.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

A brief feature by the BBC. It includes a fine example of a lens flare photograph, too. The man who took it wants it to be evidence of a cover up. "[The government] passed it on to a senior image analyst and declared that there was insufficient information. That is probably just a kind way of getting out of it. They daren't say, 'oh yes, it is a flying saucer'... so to get out of it they say insufficient information."

UFO claims were not investigated

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here is a National Archives video relating to the latest release:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join