It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Lincoln Really "Free" Blacks in the United States?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

No one can free the blacks. Until a person can free themselves in their minds they will always wear the shackles of slavery.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

When the south left, that fort became their property on their land, Lincoln was warned by his own people not to try and resupply it and chose to so at his own peril. I didn't leave anything out. It was aggression pure and simple from the norths part.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Union by the time of 'Emancipation Proclamation' was enforcing a naval blockade of the South and producing more goods would not effect the Souths inability to break any blockade. The primary goods of the South was cotton and you can not eat cotton.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Anyone interested in this should read "Forced Into Glory" to really understand why Lincoln did what he did.

I see another layer to it but baby steps.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by Lighterside
First off, I think that this a very logical claim, and worth looking into. I'm fully aware that the victors of war get to write the history books, and that not all of what they teach in the public school system is completely accurate.

Yep I do.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fluffy0000

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aebe9fd4f75.jpg[/atsimg]

You sure about that?

Good point though.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

When the south left, that fort became their property on their land, Lincoln was warned by his own people not to try and resupply it and chose to so at his own peril. I didn't leave anything out. It was aggression pure and simple from the norths part.

What aggression by the north? They were already there so it belonged to the north by virtue of ownership. The aggressors here was the south. For the north to be the aggressors they would have had to be the ones attacking the fort but they weren't were they.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have always wondered why Lincoln was called the "great emancipator".. He simply wanted to round up all the blacks and ship them out of the country. He was smart enough even then to know that 'multi-culturalism" does not work and is not natural.

Seems kind of odd that different cultures developed as homogeneous and productive societies and everyone gets their nose all out of joint when anyone points that out. It is not "racist", it is and was natures way of resolving conflict. I lived for the past 6 years in a society where I would literally go for months and not see anyone who was not Caucasian. The capital city of about 1 million people is in my opinion the safest city in the world. Small children can walk to school by themselves, anyone, male or female of any age can walk anywhere anytime of the night or day with Zero fear for their safety. There were virtually no rapes or murders, and no muggings or assaults with the exception of people who were drunk and generally knew each other. I will return there to retire soon as I finish what I have to do here, and it will be none too soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Different time in history, as I stated he was warned by his own people and didn't listen. Lincoln as we were taught in school was nothing but a lie, compared the the actual person. Some of us look at it differently and just might call it the War of Northern Aggression for a reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

My grandmothers family owned a large plantation in Kentucky during and after the Civil war. They had between three and four hundred "slaves". They paid for them to come to America and live.They did not abduct them they wanted to come here! They did pick cotton and tobacco.they also took care of the Kentucky Derby winners, in the stalls of the barn. They worked hard and my family kept a tally of the work they did.
When they had worked off their "ocean passage" and living costs they were put on salary. Granted a very small salary. They had housing, and food. Yes, I admit I have record of my family giving their cast off clothing to the slaves.Also any food that was left after the "Big Wigs" were fed.
They were not allowed to time off during harvest. But treated very well. The only beating was for some lazy ass that got a 14 year old pregnant. He was horse whipped but his fellow blacks were not so lenient and they boiled him in a large pot.
After Lincoln "freed" the slaves, over three hundred of the blacks asked to speak to the owner of the plantation and were met on the front lawn of the plantation house. They asked if they could please stay on the plantation because they could not have the kind of live they were used to if they were set free.My great grandfather welcomed them and continued to feed and cloth them. He refered to them as his workers not slaves. They had paid their dues!
When he died they carried him to the cemetary and cried because they had to live on their own now.
My grandmother got letters from alot of the former slaves until 1942. Some fought in WW2 and sent her messages that they were doing what they did for the plantation.
Our family never mistreated our helpers and the family Bible records the births and deaths of the "slaves" as well as the family themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

You are still the epitome of evil. The workers did everything for you. Why did you not give them all of your land and go join them working the fields?? [/sarcasm]

edit on 10-8-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join