It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA "mentally ill"? What's wrong with the USA?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
You decide if this is illness or brainwashing or..

Well, it just goes to show that being American doesn't necessarily preclude one from being a raging arse, either.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
You know people like you cause ignorance. The fact is you are pacifist, nothing else. Are you saying that US and it's allies raped and murdered a lot of Iraqi civilians than insurgets? Most of the Iraqi casualties were caused by Al-Qaeda Insurgents than U.S. troops. Get your facts straight before you call our troops murderer. That's why Iraqi civilians sided with the US than Al-Qaeda insurgents. Heck you probably never been to military operations in Iraq. I know a lot of US troops coming back from Iraq trying to protect civilians from insurgents.

There were no insurgents or al Qaeda before the US got there.

By the way, if you are thinking I am engaging in a discussion to convince anyone that the invasion of Iraq was not an act of utter moral depravity from a nation of pyschopathic murderers, you are wrong. Anyone who considers it anything but that, act of utter moral depravity from a nation of pyschopathic murderers, is below by dignity to engage in a "discussion". The discussions are long over and judgement passed.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

You know people like you cause ignorance. The fact is you are pacifist, nothing else. Are you saying that US and it's allies raped and murdered a lot of Iraqi civilians than insurgets? Most of the Iraqi casualties were caused by Al-Qaeda Insurgents than U.S. troops. Get your facts straight before you call our troops murderer. That's why Iraqi civilians sided with the US than Al-Qaeda insurgents. Heck you probably never been to military operations in Iraq. I know a lot of US troops coming back from Iraq trying to protect civilians from insurgents.

By the way, if you are thinking I am engaging in a discussion to convince anyone that the invasion of Iraq was not an act of utter moral depravity from a nation of pyschopathic murderers, you are wrong. Anyone who considers it anything but that, act of utter moral depravity from a nation of pyschopathic murderers, is below by dignity to engage in a "discussion". The discussions are long over and judgement passed.

I don't agree with the war in Iraq, but to say US troops are murderers as whole is inaccurate and rather stereotypical. That's includes you. I'm not talking about politics but our soldiers do not targeted civilians on purpose. You and have not been to the military and meet them, you judge them based on assumption what you saw on the news. Unlike you, i know them way more than you do. I strongly think you're a pacifist.

nation of pyschopathic murderers

I could say the same for non-Americans who are nothing but i saw most bigoted-racist, nothing more. Besides I met one European saying that he got the perspectives of Americans from Borat. How stupid was that.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think you'd have a better case if you assailed the American leadership and their motives. The Iraq adventure was pitched to citizens as directly connected to the events of 9/11, and necessary to prevent even more horrendous depravity...to use your word. This would include the much-vaunted WMDs. Americans were certainly shocked by the former, feared the latter, and went along with their leaders.

Americans are not a nation of psychopathic murderers. In saying so, you speak from ignorance and foolishness.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't agree with the war in Iraq, but to say US troops are murderers as whole is inaccurate and rather stereotypical. That's includes you. I'm not talking about politics but our soldiers do not targeted civilians on purpose. You and have not been to the military and meet them, you judge them based on assumption what you saw on the news.

Not sure why you bring those mercenaries into the picture. They are hired killers, nothing more nothing less.

When I talk of murderers I am referring to those who hired/ordered/confirmed the orders on those mercenaries to commit the murder. In this case 52% percent Amercian adults who chose to exercise their franchise in 2004. I am sure it includes some of those mercenaries too, but that's about it.

Unlike you, i know them way more than you do

Makes no difference to what I am talking.

I strongly think you're a pacifist.

If I had the ability, the world doesn't have to worry about the US bothering them any more. No, I am not a "pacifist". I strongly believe in ridding the world of psychopaths.

nation of pyschopathic murderers

I could say the same for non-Americans who are nothing but i saw most bigoted-racist, nothing more.

That wouldn't bother me in the least. The last thing I am looking for is an endorsement from another person about what I am or am not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Hired killers? Ok fine i just going to back off. I seem people with an attitude like that and it's not worth arguing with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
I think you'd have a better case if you assailed the American leadership and their motives. The Iraq adventure was pitched to citizens as directly connected to the events of 9/11, and necessary to prevent even more horrendous depravity...to use your word. This would include the much-vaunted WMDs. Americans were certainly shocked by the former, feared the latter, and went along with their leaders.

They went along re-elected Bush after he admitted to lying about the WMD and the post-invasion occupation produced no evidence of WMD?

Those who defend those who voted Bush in 2004 are not any less culpable for their actions.

Americans are not a nation of psychopathic murderers. In saying so, you speak from ignorance and foolishness.

They are. I speak from the knowledge of one who lived there right upto the invasion and a little into it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Hired killers? Ok fine i just going to back off. I seem people with an attitude like that and it's not worth arguing with it.

Glad we are on the same page with regard to each other

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Frankly, there should be extreme violence and backlash on many of America's streets, against national and local governments, and their enforcers, for all the crimes committed. Every other country is doing it, and for petty reasons in comparison to America's unrivaled atrocities.

But, there isn't. At least you're not being shown....

I think America is considered a serious "wild card" in the world deck. So Americans are afflicted with some of the more intense control mechanisms, to keep it "balanced", i.e. 'quiet'. Chemical measures, psychological manipulation, deceptive schemes. Tip of the spear methods of control.

The "not-so-well-off" Americans are being leashed into a state of lethargy never before seen, and the "intelligentsia" among us are being steered into extreme levels of superficial decadence. Both of which are houses of cards, ready to take the fall at any moment. Everyone is seduced, then corralled into their controlled "sector". No one can see past their own nose, and they would sooner cut it off than realize a change is needed.

The food you eat, the water you drink, and everything you read is potentially a mind-numbing, soul destroying dose of poison. Everyone is a husk. Just gone. It's hard to say if there will ever be a recovery. Some people say we no longer dream, and I believe this is true. If you do believe in the human soul, then you would have to understand this is one of the biggest "war for souls" ever conceived. We live in a digital hyper-reality world, where anything and everything is shown, pulled, fabricated and/or just 'never-was, faster than the time it takes to blink the eyes you're not using.

There are people in this world that want to leash an entire population of 'workers', that can't see past their own nose, but can operate with intense levels of efficiency. The perfect citizen, the slave of the future. Soulless, bloodthirsty, apathetic nothingness, forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

whatever.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Seriously man, you need a vacation!

You do not have to work.....I know alot of people that do not hold jobs. The crappy thing is that if you want to live "comfortable" in society then you do need to have some skills, and to use them skills to your advantage.....

I have my three day weekends for now

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
Ahhh, the angle insinuating that Americans are bad because they -DID- hear that joke Bush made and still voted for him.
It would appear that you personally know most Americans, and they personally informed you that they DID see that joke and still decided to vote. You got me. Most Americans are bad.

Cheers.

I personally don't know most Americans nor does anyone else, American or otherwise. I go by people's actions in determining whether I would consider them good or bad. My definition of good most certainly doesn't include people who go around murdering and plundering hapless people, which is exactly what I consider the invasion of Iraq was all about.

As for Americans being "deceived" into supporting the invasion of Iraq, the same people who "deceived" them left no one in any doubt about their lying about their reasons for the invasion, the Bush joke being only an example of it. When Bush was returned to power majority of the Americans declared exactly the kind of people they are. Those that defend such people and invent fantastic excuses for their actions are not much better than them either.

I am not interested in convincing anyone that Americans are not good people, I know exactly what kind of people would call them good.

Ahhh, a much better response this time. Great job on that!

So, even though you're not interested in convincing anyone that Americans are not good people, you still continue to try and post evidence backing up why you think they are. That's fair.

I could ask you this. Are most people in any nation who had a bad leader in power, in fact, "bad" people? Germans had Hitler in power. Are most Germans bad people? Russians had Stalin. Are most Russians bad people? Japan bombed Pearl Harbor many years ago.

I believe other users have said it, but it's the powers that be who are typically "bad" people. Not the people who are powerless beneath them. When people vote, it's often for the lesser of multiple evils. That's not just in America, but other countries as well.

Also, could you explain "exactly what kind of people would call them good" ?? Specifically please.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Regarding your post with the picture showing the facebook posts of people gloating over the tsunami. Are all those people American? What was the context of them posting those messages?

Those posts could have been on a "Japan Hater" facebook page, and all those people were Japan Haters. In which case, it's not surprising they would have posted crap like that. Also, plenty of other countries 'gloat' over the misfortune of other countries. And also, even if those people ARE all Americans, that is only 50-60 people gloating over the tsunamis. How many Americans are there again?

Thanks.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lately it's seems that the US is going through some growing pains. Remember, as a country, we aren't that old. What we are seeing in my opinion is an extremist ideology sweeping across the political landscape.

Think about it, both sides come out and claim that the other side are Nazi's. Happens with every single president. When the reality is, neither side are very Nazi like. After all, they aren't rounding up Jews to concentration camps.

My hope is, that eventually the independent voter finally gets tired of it all, and stops voting for these main party candidates. In my opinion, the way to fix America is with honest to goodness independent candidates that are center of the aisle politically. Then, you will see change in Washington.

Of course what would also help is term limits on Congress. I don't know why we have to put up with a congressman in office for 30 years. To me, that's a Washington insider and someone you just can't trust.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Lately it's seems that the US is going through some growing pains. Remember, as a country, we aren't that old. What we are seeing in my opinion is an extremist ideology sweeping across the political landscape.

Think about it, both sides come out and claim that the other side are Nazi's. Happens with every single president. When the reality is, neither side are very Nazi like. After all, they aren't rounding up Jews to concentration camps.

My hope is, that eventually the independent voter finally gets tired of it all, and stops voting for these main party candidates. In my opinion, the way to fix America is with honest to goodness independent candidates that are center of the aisle politically. Then, you will see change in Washington.

Of course what would also help is term limits on Congress. I don't know why we have to put up with a congressman in office for 30 years. To me, that's a Washington insider and someone you just can't trust.

Agreed. Especially regarding the term limits on Congress. Those old farts and their old, stagnant, moneygrubbing ways are crooked and deserve to literally be kicked out.

Would you say that most Americans are bad people because of the current state of the government?

Cheers

edit on 26-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Would you say that most Americans are bad people because of the current state of the government?

Absolutely not. There are good people everywhere. But I think the problem is, we were apathetic for so long in this country about our government, that it got away from us, and the problem is, we are the government. So, when we elect these guys into office and then stopped caring what they did, corporate and special interests took up our slack and took the government in the wrong direction.

Now it seems that some people have (and I hate to use this term) "woken up" but instead of using reason and sanity to resolve the mess in DC they are going ape # insane about it.

I think people should calm down, think, and realize that we didn't get into this mess overnight, we aren't going to get out of it overnight either.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Ahhh, a much better response this time. Great job on that!

So, even though you're not interested in convincing anyone that Americans are not good people, you still continue to try and post evidence backing up why you think they are. That's fair.

I am most certainly not trying to convince any psychopaths. However, psychopaths have, through their propaganda, managed to confuse a lot of human beings into believing that they are human beings making mistakes. It is these confused humans that I address regardless of which individual's posts I seem to be addressing.

I could ask you this. Are most people in any nation who had a bad leader in power, in fact, "bad" people? Germans had Hitler in power. Are most Germans bad people? Russians had Stalin. Are most Russians bad people? Japan bombed Pearl Harbor many years ago.

I believe other users have said it, but it's the powers that be who are typically "bad" people. Not the people who are powerless beneath them. When people vote, it's often for the lesser of multiple evils. That's not just in America, but other countries as well.

Not sure you said anything I haven't already addressed, so I will let it pass.

Also, could you explain "exactly what kind of people would call them good" ?? Specifically please.

That is easy, their fellow psychopaths!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I am most certainly not trying to convince any psychopaths. However, psychopaths have, through their propaganda, managed to confuse a lot of human beings into believing that they are human beings making mistakes. It is these confused humans that I address regardless of which individual's posts I seem to be addressing.

So, correct me if I am wrong, since your knowledge of most people goes above and beyond what everyone else here seems to know.

Psychopaths are the ones confusing a lot of human beings. Are they the "bad" people? Or are the confused human beings the "bad" people?

Because if the psychopaths are the "bad" people, I agree with you. Controlling masses with propaganda and lies makes them "bad" people. Evil people. If I had my way, propaganda controlling, power mongering, lie spreading "psychopaths" would be put behind bars for treason. As far as I am concerned, it's treason to one's country to spread lies and control the populace with propaganda.

If you claim that the confused masses are the "Bad" people, I absolutely disagree with you. Sure, SOME of those masses of people are dumb, intentionally ignorant morons trying to help the psychopaths you speak of. Thousands. Tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands maybe, but even hundreds of thousands of people still isn't even close to being 'most people' when the population of America is over 300 million people. Which goes back to my original point. MOST people are good, and have good intentions, and if they do make mistakes due to being confused by the propaganda, they are honest mistakes, not intentionally ignorant ones.

Cheers.

EDIT: And also, am I a psychopath for calling most Americans good? You tell me, since again, you seem to know it all.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The people are fine...The reason why everything is messed up is because we have a centralized government for an entire continent. Even when our leaders think they are doing good (based on where they grew up), it ends up hurting another area where those policies make no sense.

We also have a melting pot of cultures here, so there is no identity, the only thing that keeps us together as a culture are the basics (food, water, money, etc.) so that's why we tend to sell out.

Focusing back to local production, local solutions to problems, and local policies will do a lot to stop the decline. The federal government should really crash and burn and the states should form their own policies and fix their problems. This will also prevent unnecessary wars halfway across the world.

Yes, there is a lot of brainwashing...sadly.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So, correct me if I am wrong, since your knowledge of most people goes above and beyond what everyone else here seems to know.

My knowledge comes from taking into account people's actions, not by disregarding them with fantastic unprovable explanations.

Psychopaths are the ones confusing a lot of human beings. Are they the "bad" people? Or are the confused human beings the "bad" people?

That is a funny question, but yes, the answer is that the psychopaths are the bad people.

Because if the psychopaths are the "bad" people, I agree with you. Controlling masses with propaganda and lies makes them "bad" people. Evil people. If I had my way, propaganda controlling, power mongering, lie spreading "psychopaths" would be put behind bars for treason. As far as I am concerned, it's treason to one's country to spread lies and control the populace with propaganda.

If you claim that the confused masses are the "Bad" people, I absolutely disagree with you. Sure, SOME of those masses of people are dumb, intentionally ignorant morons trying to help the psychopaths you speak of. Thousands. Tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands maybe, but even hundreds of thousands of people still isn't even close to being 'most people' when the population of America is over 300 million people. Which goes back to my original point. MOST people are good, and have good intentions, and if they do make mistakes due to being confused by the propaganda, they are honest mistakes, not intentionally ignorant ones.

There was no one who could have been in doubt that the official reasons for invading Iraq were lies, not by November 2004, because administration itself disowned those reasons. Hence everyone who voted Bush in November 2004 is a psychopath. Everyone who was not a psychopath, but was deceived into supporting the invasion would have been so enraged by the lies that dragged them into supporting a grotesque psychopathic invasion of a defenseless people that caused them no harm that not only would they have ensured he was voted out of office, they would have been calling for the summary execution of the psychopathic gang. But when a nation is majority psychopaths as demonstrated by the results of November 2004 elections, the others may start lying low for the fear of their own lives. While those who are not psychopaths, but live in the USA, have reasons of personal safety not to publicly denounce their psychopathic majority of countrypeople, no one who is not a psychopath has a reason defending these psychopaths and declaring them as "good" people.

As you perhaps grasped by now, when I was talking about propaganda, I was not referring to the official propaganda machine, but to the unofficial propaganda machine that declares majority of Americans, who are psychopaths, as "good" people

EDIT: And also, am I a psychopath for calling most Americans good? You tell me, since again, you seem to know it all.

I am sure my explanation above answers you question

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join