It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 cars set ablaze in Berlin... start of something?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I had always understood that the Swing Riots preceded the Tolpuddle Martyrs and led to the introduction of The Reform Act in 1832. The Tolpuddle Martyrs then:

In 1832, the year of a Reform Act which extended the vote in England but did not grant universal suffrage, six men from Tolpuddle in Dorset founded the Friendly Society of Agricultural Labourers to protest against the gradual lowering of agricultural wages in the 1830s caused by the surplus supply of labour in an era when mechanisation was beginning to have an impact on agricultural working practices for the first time.
(from wikipedia).

I used the T.M's as an example of a different style of protest that effectively was a rich v poor situation. No denying though that the reform act came about because of violence. Either way both movements effectively only succeeded in getting the goalposts shifted a little way in their favour.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pilot70

I think you sound like a lazy bastard that do not want to work to sustain yourself.....

Ha! You couldn't be more wrong my little self-important presumptuous friend!

Like I care what anyone like you thinks anyway

edit on 11-8-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

From what I have read the Swing Riots led to the Tolpuddle Martyrs position but both the union/government etc focus on the Tolpuddle Martyrs as the vehicle that brought about change/creation of union while omitting that the movement was born from the violence of the Swing in the previous years.. apologies if my post read otherwise.

My position is that we have the potential for a similar insurrection, and once that calms down then perhaps we will see a different movement emerge (much like the one in Tolpiddle/Tolpuddle) that is more aligned to how most people think/feel.

I just hope that type of movement starts sooner rather than later.. and gains more traction for positive change or we will face more and more violence.

Sorry if my post seemed contrary to supporting your position..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Not at all, your point was excellent, I perhaps misconstrued the sentiment. I do agree though that a movement born out of the frustrations shown by the violence would be magnificent. In a way one could see the Tea Party's popularity in the USA as such a feeling of the need for a 'new way' within the general populace. In Europe though we still have this massive hurdle of racism hidden behind national identity to overcome to provide unity behind a movement for change.

Hopefully the 'Robbing Riots' will lead to something concrete, peaceful and above all successful!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Having read what I have on this site and across the net, I believe similar remarks where made about the Swing rioters, especially the shock of the violence, which I believe is one of the reasons it is one of those events that buried just below the surface.

I wrote a thread about it in 2009 stating my belief that we would hit this point now and that it would explode in a similar rage as the Swing Riots.. It takes time for the pressure to build up and for the rage to explode.. and this is what I feel we are seeing now..

My hope is once the rage has subsided a solid movement for change will evolve, I am just not sure how much more rage there is left to vent, my hope is not much more.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
absolutly not!!!!

it happens "daily"!!!! so far over 150 this year...

its a mix of pyromaniacs and left-wing extremists (and i think also sometimes right-wing extremist but the police always assums that these are left-wing actions)...the busted this year 2 guys who burned over 200 cars just for fun but most of them are politically motivated...

they also burn down stores (mostly left vs right) or like few months ago the burned down a cable-bridge and cause of that the trains couldnt run, the website of Deutsche Bahn crippled and berlin had a huge traffic chaos...sometimes they burn down a police station...its kinda "normal"...(maybe now you can see the potential behind the left-right powers in berlin and their war...but the muslims or "poor" dont make any trouble in this scale)
www.tagesspiegel.de...
www.bild.de...
www.welt.de...
edit on 11-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AgnarDaGr8

Being middle class in the first world makes you a Baron of wealth in the world. Do you not understand that?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I've frequently drawn and commented on parallels from now to then, and warned we faced a similar insurrection, a fact we still face as this will not go away.
edit on 11/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: typo

The authorative (author = authority) figure has shot itself in the foot in the UK. Or maybe they wanted to??? idk...
But as all these small business' have been rioted and pillaged, incinerated... the government is not going to reimburse "the people" 100%. That's going to irk some people the wrong way... especially "the little guy" who's just trying to struggle to stay afloat.

Dead youth = angry parents + more angry kids.
Now throw in the angry business owners... checkmate.

Everyone WILL have ill sentiment towards authority now in those parts of the UK/ rest of Europe... have fun. The ride's just getting started

edit on 11-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join