It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first animation of elenin from HI1-b

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Spaceobs.com

See look...it's a comet...wow...

Just giving updates as they come...much more will be available soon

Looks like a nice birthday present for leonid elenin as we start getting more and more images of the comet

And again...there's no danger...unless that moon turns out to be the death star after all...pew pew

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2acdff71d31.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It sure is getting a lot of attention for being such a small and insignificant little comet. I mean, all this telescope and viewing time makes it seem like there might be more to this. But, I'm sure I'm wrong because the skeptics and NASA say so. Well cool then, it is a fun science experiement anyways.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What?!?!?! The Moon is actually the Death Star?!?!? Off to start a topic!

Nice find : )

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

here's a quote from leonid when asked a question about why it gets so much attention...

The question was:

I am curious, Don Yeoman from NASA, stated a few months ago, that Elenin is "A kind of wimpy comet..." implying that there is nothing out of the ordinary, it has no special points of interest or features to it....why would the scientific community take an interest in- and waste money, time and resources on studying it, unless there is something that we are not being told about....The Messenger and the Express are respectively assigned to study Mars and Venus, why use them too? Please elaborate on this comment. We would like to know exactly who in the scientific community is taking an interest in Elenin and why....

answer:

Dr. Yeomans is right, but if we can obtain very interesting observation as a buy-product, by existing spacecrafts, why not? Comet Elenin is ordinary comet by phisical parameters, but it orbit makes it possible to study it more detail.

essentially...it's getting attention because it's close...and because we can...lol...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
It sure is getting a lot of attention for being such a small and insignificant little comet. I mean, all this telescope and viewing time makes it seem like there might be more to this. But, I'm sure I'm wrong because the skeptics and NASA say so. Well cool then, it is a fun science experiement anyways.

I think of it like a practice run for something real and BIGGER.
They are using the right techniques in tracking it, releasing the information to the public which is virtually none, and are most likely observing some of the discussion about it's location and trajectories it holds in it's future.

This is just a test imo and so far a lot are failing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
essentially...it's getting attention because it's close...and because we can...lol...

Yeah, totally. That makes perfect sense. I get it now.

See, even that explanation doesn't jive, directly from Mr. Elenin himself. We are dumping a lot of money and resources in hopes that we find something noteworthy. Uh huh. You betcha.

I am an on the fence guy about this, as I haven't run for the hills yet. That said, I do have my kit and plan ready, just in case.
edit on 8/10/2011 by ChachiArcola because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

That's no moon...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
so its a comet, a comet that was found to have an intersecting path with our solar system, and is actually gonna come fairly close to earth, cool right? well be able to monitor it in and out right? see it up close and let everybody get a glance, well apparently NOT COOL and the kicker is..............its just a comet. when this is all over this should be a serious lesson for everybody concerning how the internet can so easily let things get sensationalized out of proportion. weve had the internet for a fairly short time and everybody has to start understanding a consequence of this fairly new horizon wich is more people lying and in the process of more people making things up a web begins to form between all the made-up theories and it thus makes it impossible to pierce through this sensationalism shield to find the real truth thanks to a few irresponsible individuals. we seriously have to start growing out of this phase of getting attention and contributing to the greater drama.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

It is funny that you say this, or in this format actually. I was just saying in another thread that the debunkers around here just have the "I'm right and you're wrong, therefore you are dumb" mentaltiy, and here it is in action. Really, give us a little more as to why people are wrong who think this may be more than it is. Don't their theories have any weight to them at all? How come your theories have so much clout, but someone else's idea sucks? Is it becaue you have the gubment on your side? Nasa? Why is your idea so much better? Just curious!

new topics

top topics

join