It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This world, from a younger point of view.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We live in a mad world.

I won't specify my age, but I will say that I am on the younger spectrum of posters on ATS. I'm not entirely sure why I'm making this thread in itself, so please mods, if you find is unnecessary or in the wrong place, please move or delete it. I suppose I'm just going to vent.

This world is mad. It's sickening when politicians regress into children. Maybe they've always been children, and I've just never questioned their authority. Whether you be a republican, or a democrat, or anything in between, anyone will admit that these are scary times. Not only do we have conflict across seas, but we have it in our very own white house. We as a nation are being divided. Republicans accuse democrats, and democrats accuse republicans, all the while, the economy, and the wellbeing of our nation as a whole is burning to the ground. United we stand, and divided we fall. I'm fearful of what will be coming in the next decade. Economically, politically, and just in general. Men are so full of rage. Humanity seems to be so impulsive, so degrading.

There are good people on the streets, living (and I use that term loosely) in poverty. All the while, you have the Snookis' and The Situations' getting more money than all of us put together, by doing absolutely nothing constructive in any way.

I don't think humanity can recover from what it has done. Greed, anger, and plain ignorance has done unimaginable damage. Irreversible damage.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
and fortunately this one sees it. i can promise, it is pretty lonely when you see your generation for what it really is. i am twenty, and its all i saw. i studied it because i couldnt believe how stupid it all was. our children willl have no concept of bounds, or penalty. the kids can just call CPS.

remember, if people dont want to hear something, it can do more harm than good to push it on them.
if you do try to wake up your peers, they will most likely not care unless it directly affects them. lead by example, all of our other brothers and sisters seem to be as brainwashed as they want, its sad

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I won't try and tell you otherwise because your are correct in your assessment. I would just say that hopefully the worse it gets, the closer we are to real change, and that maybe it is better to put energy and attention on loved ones and local community at this point. Our town is creating co-ops, and buying food from local farmer's, organizing commuting for transportation, and kind of moving towards a self sustained hood. Poeple are really invloved with meetings and seeking solutions on a microcosm level. Granted we are a progressive town but the efforts seem to keep people's spirits from falling off of a cliff.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
and fortunately this one sees it. i can promise, it is pretty lonely when you see your generation for what it really is. i am twenty, and its all i saw. i studied it because i couldnt believe how stupid it all was. our children willl have no concept of bounds, or penalty. the kids can just call CPS.

remember, if people dont want to hear something, it can do more harm than good to push it on them.
if you do try to wake up your peers, they will most likely not care unless it directly affects them. lead by example, all of our other brothers and sisters seem to be as brainwashed as they want, its sad

Thank you for your comment. Many people around my age group who I encounter on a daily basis can't even grasp the concept of self control, let alone the madness in the world they live in. There are some that have caught on. Unfortunately many who are intelligent and around my age-group are ridiculed and silenced by their peers. Truthfully, it doesn't bother me personally. Ultimately, the stupidity of humanity inevitably will bring on the repercussions of such behavior. I just hope I'm not around to see it.

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I won't try and tell you otherwise because your are correct in your assessment. I would just say that hopefully the worse it gets, the closer we are to real change, and that maybe it is better to put energy and attention on loved ones and local community at this point. Our town is creating co-ops, and buying food from local farmer's, organizing commuting for transportation, and kind of moving towards a self sustained hood. Poeple are really invloved with meetings and seeking solutions on a microcosm level. Granted we are a progressive town but the efforts seem to keep people's spirits from falling off of a cliff.

Part of me hopes that eventually there will be some form of repercussion. This world needs a wake up call. I suppose all that can be done is preparation, and leading by example. Thank you for your comment.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Phasma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
if it makes you feel any better at all
when I was on the younger side, we were saying the same thing ♥

top topics

join