It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge.. to test Pop culture relation to UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have a thread where we were talking about UFO shapes,

a few people (me as well) feel that pop culture has helped drive the sightings of Particular shpes of UFO's

For example.. we all know the classic disk its was "the only UFO" worth talking about for around forty years

In modern Times the Pyramid (mainly black) has been the go to for UFO sightings...

(through diffrent periods there has been others but for talking sake i will leave it there)

Now we have a million debunkers on here.... photoshop experts, video manipulation wizards essentially guys who can spot and scream fake at 1000 yards

So i was wondering, could ATS test the idea that Pop culture helps with Alien sightings?
we get most of the sightings news as they happen or there abouts so we'de know if the idea stuck in the minds of the masses...

My challenge, can the Wonderful wizards of ATS make a video... which looks as real as can be made without spending every waking hour working on it, of a craft which is of a shape that has never been seen before in terms of UFO's? Could we post the vid or pics in hot spots, and see if this shape takes hold, if next moth 100 hexagonal ships have been seen in mexico? or if a giant cube has been seen floating over moscow at night.

do you think this is a do-able social experiment...

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Reply to first question- NO

Reply to last question- NO

My reply to whole thread suggestion- PERISH THE THOUGHT.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Why though?

it would be the easiest way to see if main stream sightings are in anyway swayed by what people are seeing on you tube etc.

as it does at times seem that way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Cuz.... There's too many: fakes, charlatans, plus who knows- out there. Besides doing so, could possibly denigrate the whole ATS website; if I understand your thread correctly.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

No i did fear that in some respects it would be morally against what ATS stood for...

i just here alot of FAKE without people explaining why...
i Also here alot.. this is how its done,

so i thought not only would it give me, us a chance to see if you could introduce a new shape to all these hoaxes but it would give the well trained super debunkers the ability to show off there amazing video editing skills

new topics

top topics

join