It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Connection? Online Push Under Way for Bert and Ernie to Get Married on 'Sesame Street'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't get why the people pushing for this feel as though it is their right to tell others (producers, PBS, etc..) what to do on their own god damn show. If they want a show with gay puppets then they should make one. If they don't like that Bert and Ernie aren't gay they should not watch the show, they should not let their kids watch the show. Why the F do so many people think they can tell others what to do!?!
This is like the cookie monster/ veggie monster crap........if you don't want your kid watching a monster eat cookies turn off the bloody tv!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Read my original post in this thread. It tells you what this is honestly about.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

I just read it. I agree in general with what you're saying but still.....why is it that people feel that they can tell others what to do??? If the gay community wants to show kids that there is more than just "mommies & daddies" then why not make their own shows about it?
The people who made sesame street can decide for themselves what they want on THEIR show! Why do people feel the need to try to force others to do what they want them to do?
How is this different from someone going into someones home and telling them how they have to do things? Going into their privately owned business and telling them how they have to do things?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The people behind the show have already states once again that the puppets have no sexuality because they are puppets.

this is a non-issue.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Because making a new show like SS with a gay couple is 1. Extremely hard to do, and 2. Basically copy right infringement. Why make something new when the old is fine and just needs some revamps? They may make the show, but we're the ones paying them for it, we're the one's watching it, and we're the ones they're trying to please. Giving a TV show a new idea for what they should do, and barging into someone's home and telling them what to do are two completely different things.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
reply to post by Sailor Sam

If it's not normal, you better go tell nature and all 450+ species that indulge in homosexual acts that it isn't.

p.s. If it wasn't normal, it wouldn't have happened for thousands of years.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Believer101 because: Forgot to add something.

I caught my 2 male sun conures doing the nasty today. Little deviants. I love them.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer1989
The people behind the show have already states once again that the puppets have no sexuality because they are puppets.

this is a non-issue.

exactly! they're pucking fuppets!

EDIT and I'm copywriting "Fuppet"
edit on 17-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Aren't they brothers? Shouldn't that be incest then?

I am just confused now at their backstory.
edit on 31-8-2011 by TheReasonableSkeptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join