It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Expert on alien anatomy - Even the media needs a reality check!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know at first glance the topic would appear to belong in Aliens and UFOs.... but hear me out... read the article...

Wanted: Expert on Alien Anantomy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e58e0aa17757.jpg[/atsimg]

A zoologist working at a museum is summoned by a media outlet wanting to produce a story about a man who claims to have found the remains of an alien in a jar in his attic. The zoologist recounts the dialogue that ensued....

Me: Hello. Grant Museum. Jack speaking.

Researcher: Yes, hello, we're looking for a zoologist who can come on our programme. I'm not crazy, but I know how what I'm about to say sounds crazy.

Me (apprehensively): Go on...

Researcher (apologetically): First, let me say that we know it's not a real alien. A man has discovered an alien preserved in a jar in his attic. It's a model, and we certainly don't want you to come on screen and say it's a real alien.

Me: Right...

Researcher: You won't have to risk your integrity. We know it's not a real alien. What we want is for you to come on and say whether, as a zoologist, it's anatomically accurate.

Me (after some thought): Anatomically accurate with respect to what?

Researcher: An alien.

Me: To be clear, you want someone to look at this model alien and say that, anatomically speaking, it is biologically accurate for an alien?

Researcher: Yes. Like I said, we don't want you to look silly by saying it's a real alien. You can say it's a model.

Me: Right. That's good. But we don't know what an alien looks like.

Researcher: Yes, but as a zoologist you can say whether its anatomy is accurate.

Me: Again, with respect to what?

Researcher: What an alien might look like.

Is it any wonder why the media has lost the confidence of many people? They want him to say something he can't. And they can't seem to understand the difficulty the professional has with this.....

Just a humorous little story .... no?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OMG if this is true its amazing how dumb someone researching this could be, the zoologist is like 'erm, why would I know?'.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That exchange between the zoologist and reporter reminded me of this

So,I wonder was it a real alien or not?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think it's funny that even the reporter knows what she's asking is out of this world (excuse the pun)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh dear....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's because it WAS a real alien, and they wanted a real investigator to announce that it is a model.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thank you for your thread - I got my first good belly laugh of the day. It made me remember my favorite bumper sticker from my long ago youth - Stupid People Shouldn't Breed. Soon we'll be teaching about investigative journalism only in history classes.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Actually...

I think the man did not express himself very well, i guess he would wanted to know IF the corps had a "logical biological working system"

In other words, his brains did not accepted also the fact it could be real, but he wanted an expert opinion to make a little voice in his head go quiet.

edit on 10-8-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I feel like the whole world is like this sometimes.

top topics

join