It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother is back !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Cannot believe it - after running for 10 years, 8 too long in my opinion - it has been bought back to our screens.

I detest this show, everything about it, the ridiculous hype it seems to cause, the fact most people ask you about it, and look at you like you're mental when you say you don't watch it ?!?
The first show was interesting - genuine people, genuine interaction between people in an unfamiliar environment. Then people see it as a ticket to (short lived) fame and money and voila - the show is unwatchable to me.

For me it just epitomises the vacuous, empty, self centred "celebrity" culture and attitude that runs through this country like a disease.

As my favourite ever comedian Billy Connolly once said
"What has it come to? We are sat in our house, watching people sat in a house!?"

How true.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I hear you. I did watch it the first year, when they had "regular" people, it was kind of interesting. Now it is all about "Beautiful" people hooking up and just being asinine.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

You must be one of the lucky ones who has never heard of Big Brother.

It's a TV show over here in the UK (and other countries like Australia, Norway etc)
Basic premise - 10 people (housemates) get locked into a house and live there for 10 weeks, with the public voting out 1 housemate each week. They get given tasks etc.
This is the opening show from one year...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

I watched this show twice and found it to be boring and very dull. I am more entertained people watching in a restaurant.

Right now on TV there is a reality show craze going on. It seems to me as though reality shows are taking over TV and I don't like it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino

Cannot believe it - after running for 10 years, 8 too long in my opinion - it has been bought back to our screens.

I detest this show, everything about it, the ridiculous hype it seems to cause, the fact most people ask you about it, and look at you like you're mental when you say you don't watch it ?!?
The first show was interesting - genuine people, genuine interaction between people in an unfamiliar environment. Then people see it as a ticket to (short lived) fame and money and voila - the show is unwatchable to me.

For me it just epitomises the vacuous, empty, self centred "celebrity" culture and attitude that runs through this country like a disease.

As my favourite ever comedian Billy Connolly once said
"What has it come to? We are sat in our house, watching people sat in a house!?"

How true.

I wouldn't normally S+F a thread like this...

But today I will.

Everything you say is so spot on, I also detest Big Brother. Always have, always will.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes I extend my hatred to all reality TV - I'm a celebrity, x factor, etc etc.
Garbage.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I had that a lot at my last job. Several years of people talking about Big Brother, Shameless, I'm A Celebrity, X Factor etc. That's why I started spending breaks outside with the smokers where the proper conversations happened. That or how much they drank/will drink the previous/upcoming weekend, who kissed the most strangers, what allegedly attractive guys they saw at clubs (people discussing this banality ranged in age from 18 to 47) which really sums up the kind of mindset of idiot you get watching crap like the aforementioned.

top topics

join