It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 UFO found on NASA beacon files

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by minkmouse
If the diameter of the sun is 870,000 miles, how big would these freaking ships be? I'm thinking it would take many planets completely turned into starship parts to make this go and yet there are three of them! Dream on I say, I'm goin with Phage on that alone.

Who said anything about it being a starship, or an alien spacecraft? Your assumptions fall in line perfectly with your assumptions that Phage is correct.

I don't assume Phage is correct...I'm certain of it probably due to my having fifteen years in the digital graphics industry. UFO's shaped like Klingon vessels, maybe I jumped into the "Starship" bit without provocation but at least I know what they aren't!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I love the idea of aliens existing. I love the idea of them secretly pulling the strings of our governments behind the 'curtains' where the simple folk like us cannot see. I love the idea of hyper-advanced technology, and the incredible benefits it could have on the human race.

I also love proof. And so far, from my perspective, there has never, in the history of mankind, anywhere, been actual proof that aliens exist. There have been strong cases (sometimes VERY strong) put together reinforcing the IDEA that aliens exist, but never any proof. I still love all the 'IDEAS' that are put together. They give me some things to think about, but it's not proof.

I have not shook the hand of an alien, had them 'telepathically' communicate with me, felt that shock and awe of setting foot into one of their incredible space crafts, or traveling at the speed of light. Until I do, I will not admit that aliens exist. Even if the Barack Obama came on tv tomorrow night, and standing next to him were NASA officials and other great scientific minds, and they said "Aliens have been among us for 60 years now. Many of the UFO's our populace have sighted in the skies over the years, are truly real hyper-advanced space craft, piloted by a hyper-advanced race of alien life forms." I would still not admit aliens exist. Why? Because it's simply another person saying they exist. I still haven't shook the hand of an alien or rode in their craft.

Phage is not saying "aliens do not exist and that's a fact". He's saying "based on the information we currently have, it is far more reasonable for this 'sighting' to be ____________ and here is ACTUAL information regarding to why the sighting is more likely ___________"

Sure, it's not what a true believer wants to hear. I don't even want to hear it, but what I want to hear and what is most reasonable are 2 very very different things, and that's something that is very easy for me to understand.

So, perhaps Phage has gained his reputation by simply being unbiased and reasonable, and many people don't like that. They don't WANT to have their beliefs that something certainly MUST be alien trounced by logic and reason.

I'm with Phage on this one.
Cheers.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm sure Phage has a perfectly logical explanation for this...

Both satelites camera's recorded artifacts at the same moment....

Wait, Phage?... uh where did Phage go?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

We do see it, in the beacon mode data. I picked two images at random (one from 2009 and one from 2010) as well as the one that the OP used. Try it yourself. Everyone should try it themselves.

To show the difference between beacon mode and science data I've selected the two versions of the same image.
Here is the beacon mode image. Note the blocky pixel pattern surrounding the cosmic ray strike in the upper right.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c171078eb1a1.png[/atsimg]

Here is the science data. Note the streak resulting from an oblique cosmic ray strike. Compare it to what the lossy version shows. Note that one of the strikes was completely obliterated by the lossy compression and that the other shows more pixels being affected by the strike. In the beacon mode images data is lost. The science data is not "hiding" anything, it's showing more detail.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84e1f7f30f44.png[/atsimg]

Now, here is the jpeg version of the science data. You can see the effects of that form of compression.

edit on 8/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Egads, the first picture Phage posted in his most recent post has....what looks like an almost circular, saucer like object!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

What exactly do you suggest I get a grip on, minkmouse?

Should I try and grasp the scale of us, as a singular human being on this earth? Or should I get a grip on the scale of our Earth versus our sun? Or should I grab at straws and say...try to wrap my head around planets that make our sun look like Pluto?

Having a ship the size of our earth, frankly, is plausible. You can decide to believe otherwise. That is simply your right as a human being.

I think it's time for you to take your own advice. Holier than thou isn't a good attitude on a site like this.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Of course, we could ask ATS member Bosb33r how many giant spaceships he's seen around the Sun.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Knowing, and believing, are two different things.

An "expert" in any professional field should at least have a grasp on this...simple logic.

Can you prove that what is seen in those pictures is not a spaceship? Matter in fact, you can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, what's in those pictures...even with your claimed 15 years experience in the field.

Again, holier than thou should not be applied in your postings here. Please, deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
No-one can prove they are alien ships. No-one can DISPROVE they are alien ships.

However, much more information exists (provided by Phage) supporting the fact that they are simply artifacts in the image than information supporting the fact that the objects are.... well.. objects.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?

Knowing, and believing, are two different things.

An "expert" in any professional field should at least have this basic grasp on the world that surrounds us.

Can you prove that what is seen in those pictures is not a spaceship? Matter in fact, you can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, what's in those pictures...even with your claimed 15 years experience in the field.

Again, holier than thou should not be applied in your postings here. Please, deny ignorance.

Where I come from "Free your mind" is just as holier than thou as "Get a grip" as both imply hasn't got their act together. As for proving whether or not a spaceship is depicted in the OP's video obviously it can't be proven either way, we choose only to subscribe to our limited viewpoints. My limited viewpoint says that in all likelihood, what we are viewing here is a direct result of image compression. I submit that this debate will go on forever with no resolution if we are only to have the presented evidence as a fuel. At the end of the day we have hearsay technological evidence viewed with a limited set of senses...Heck, we can't even know if the way we perceive the universe is constant with what it actually is so expecting to find the truth behind a compressed youtube video is....Well, just plain silly!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

What we see in the images and videos could very well be artifacts. I am not denying this.

Perhaps we should consider the fact that the original images were taken down, and put back up at a later time, with these artifacts...or ships, removed.

If they were indeed what Nasa said they were, what is the reasoning behind removing them?

On a side note, what is the trick to getting commas to stay in your signature?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The words, free your mind, imply just that. Open your mind to ANY possibility. I don't think that I have personally seen or used this phrase in a negative manner.

Get a grip, generally, is a derogatory phrase. In the sense that I'm off my rocker. I've seen many things in this young life that I've lived, that I do not care to share nor elaborate on. However, I will say, that once you've seen some of what I've seen, your prospective of life does a 180 degree turn (not necessarily in a bad sense).

Regardless, I agree with what you have said. It is senseless to debate on something neither of us can prove, or disprove. We simply go with what we choose to think and/or believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

I didn't mean to be derogatory with my "Get a grip" bit but can see your point. In the finale analysis though, what we can agree on as per the latter part of your reply will probably not reduce the steam of this debate

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Posts like these turn in to debates when people disagree with what others believe in. It's inevitable because a natural human characteristic is to attempt to force what you believe, unto others...or at least persuade them.

Despite that, I don't believe a large percent of the population will ever truly know the truth, even those of us who have witnessed the uncommon, unbelievable events ourselves. What was seen does not explain the truth, it just brings upon more questions. Questions that go beyond the normal realm of skeptic questions. Questions that cast diffidence upon your own sanity.

I won't truly have any of the answers to my questions until I am able to physically...or spiritually, retrieve them myself. I have seen many convincing videos, documentaries and testimonies that I did believe, in fact, at that time, answer some of my questions. In hindsight, they really just raised more questions.

I read this site to see the variety of opinions and interesting topics. I truly am thankful for ATS though. I have withdrawn answers to at least some of my questions here

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

I'm starting to wonder the older I get if perhaps the reality is...There is no truth! Or if in fact there is a truth, it is always is on the move...Changing constantly like everything else.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1967sander

people.... please stop "over-zooming" images and imagining starships in distortet pixels. "zooming in" doesn't mean you'll be able to see everything... you can't see what isn't there (what the camera doesn't pick up). you see... cameras don't pick up every detail, they have image processors which use algorithms to "fill in the gaps".

oh and by the way... may i suggest if you want to present an idea via a youtube video, don't use titles like "100% PROOF" or "100% EVIDENCE", also don't contradict yourself in your own youtube videos. the first one says "3 UFO near the sun - these COULD be real", the second one says "3 UFO near the sun - 100% evidence", both videos are basically the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

Nice attention to detail in the latter part!

I was so caught up in the shiny stuff I missed that

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
But why would aliens want to hover around the sun ????

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

code.google.com...

No known issues! You can open two separate programmes and the objects are there!

This is my last contribution by the way.

I am working on a new project!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander
reply to post by Phage

code.google.com...

No known issues! You can open two separate programmes and the objects are there!

This is my last contribution by the way.

I am working on a new project!

Bigger wings this time

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join