It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who/What is Ultimately Responsible For This Breakdown In Society???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Now i've seen the thread 'What punishment should these Rioters recieve' but what about the people responsible for the current situation?

Lets look at the 5 factors:

Government: Responsible for the over-crowding in certain areas and Immigration!!
Banks: Responsible as these lend the cash to people and then charge extortionate rates of Interests!!
Employers: Responsible For causing people to work longer hours!!
Retailors: Responsible for the high cost of living!!
Parents: Responsible for lack of discipline!!

All the above have contributed to the scenes of Anarchy on the streets of England and what each step above has done is cause break-ups of the Family Unit!

Why?

Because both Parents are working longer hours trying to pay their way through life and support the family!!

Now i think tomorrow in the House Of Commons all will be about the Parents of these youths but what they will fail to mention is that they themselves are also to blame and the other Groups mentioned above...

So, what can be done?

I think the whole of Society needs to take a look at what has been created and try to sort out fairer ways of how we can live in this World without such a huge divide between the classes!!

Wages must meet certain levels to be able to afford a better life.
Employers should call for less hours of work for their staff.
Retailors should lower their costs of goods.

And

The Government need to stop creating ghetto's where youth's are all too easily grown into a life of drugs and gangs!!

Until these factors are sorted out, i can't see an end to the current situation.

Feel free to add ay Factors i may have missed

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
you forgot to say the reason why they actually started

when a co19 officer shot a man dead then lied to say he fired first

then things got outa control and thus we have what we have

anarchy

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

I think each of us can sit in the House Of Commons and debate the issues too but the event is only for a select few!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
this is a complex issue but i believe that the governments of the past and present have had way to much control on our lives, people cant disciplin there children nor can the teachers for fear of arrest etc
government taxation on everything makes living to costly, you could go on all day about it. its time for a new governance not based on corporations and money. we need to get out of the eu so we can govern ourselves and go back to common law as our justice, we need to end the immigration as this country needs british people to do the jobs that are out there i could go on all day but most of all ,most people need to wake up to the prison cell for our minds and if anyone gets on here spouting off about racism as i have mentioned immigration. just get a life

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

the banks the government
behind them the sh*tbergs rockerthugs rothsh*ts do I need to go on look for the route cause not the symptoms

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
we used to teach our children that they are createdby God for a reason, that we all have some purpose in life. now what is taught? 'You're just the product of impersonal evolution that has somehow developed some sort of consciousness, and by the way your lifestyle is destroying the planet.'
many in this new generation have no purpose for life.
'eat, drink, be merry, tomorrow the world blows up, whatever, like my tattoo?'

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ultimately... greed, money, power... The usual suspects.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I would blame the philosophers, who instilled the values of modern society. Values are ultimately what influences everything else. After the philosophers, the academics. And after the academics, the media. Everyone else comes after these, the parents included.

But if you want to blame the person himself that's also a good place too.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You didn't mention the media.

This kind of rioting would have been impossible fifty years ago, even twenty years ago.

Social media and blanket news coverage have caused every riot over the past few days, except the initial event.

The medium is the message.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The NWO dicks are desperate and doing everything they can to "hurry up" their process of complete control. After martial law is the new law of the land globally, the next step will be a one world money system. A comet strike looks better and better everyday.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

You're right, i forgot to mention the Media!!

I have read the replies but now i'm off to catch a Film but i'll check back later.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Athesist anarchist spoiled brats that inherited huge power/money that have no character but ego and the love of seeing others in horror, pain, and terror as they go to their deaths caused by them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Let's not forget in this, I've yet to hear anyone say the gun wasn't property of the crack dealing criminal they shot. Perhaps in England criminals are allowed to get first right to shoot and it's all kept with harsh language until the bad guy commits attempted murder of a police officer FIRST, but in America, simply reaching for that weapon would have made his resulting death by cop 100% justified.

Perhaps circumstances will prove that this was a bit of over-reaction by the Police, but it's still one less crack dealing scumbag this world need worry about. So..Even if this was just a little out of policy, he was still armed, still about the lowest part of society...by his own choices in life...and I'm not going to lose sleep over his death.

SO........ Responsibility goes to the crack dealer in the start, and the rioters who chose to become criminals and victimize their own neighbors, towns and shops for...what again? What the heck was accomplished by this display of animal behavior?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'd like to add this to all of the above. More than ever before, and in amongst all the tangible and physical problems we can see on th planet ie Sudan starvation, there is a growing problem which I feel is the deep seated reason behind all forms of unrest in society. I believe the only REAL problem we all face is a one of a spiritual nature...I believe all problems stem from a deep spiritual unrest that is caused by the simple fact that we do not know where we came from, what we are doing here and where we are going to go (after physical death). More than ever before, people are now beginning to ask these questions and, of course, we have no real answers other than we started life in the seas as amoeba and evolved after millions of years, we have to get a job get married and keep the population regenerating and when we pop our clogs that's it. Little wonder, rightly or wrongly, people turn to UFO's and aliens for an alternative.
It's our deep unrest of trying to make sense of our life, especially those who aren't celebrating the 'myth'' of 'winning,' that spills out into all other avenues of problems and unrest. The cause of all this is very, very deep within our soul, the unrest is a spiritual one as, I repeat, all problems in our life head back to a spiritual problem within ourselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
+70 million Baby Boomers.

You can't have 30 million old people on SS/Retirements.....PLUS have +70 million Baby Boomers step up to the plate and now also be eligible to get SS/Retirements.

The math don't pan out.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by etidorpha

I would agree with this. Hence why I leave most of the blame with philosophers. They provide answers to these types of questions.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We are all responsible. The world is a mirror image of what we carry inside.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Fundamentally, this is what happens when you have a global economic apparatus that misallocates capital and stifles innovation such that wealth becomes concentrated in a very small portion of the population. It has happened repeatedly....Roman Empire, French Revolution, China's Cultural Revolution, etc. Why would anyone NOT think that people will violently take to the streets when they feel disenfranchised. Heck, that's how America gained independence from England. I am not trying to justify looting and mayhem, however in this day and age, the tools one has to demonstrate social dissent are pretty limited. Destruction can be perfectly effective as a political tool when your primary goal is to bring attention to yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Before I get started, let me say that these are only opinions, and will of course be arguable.
As a carpenter, I can assure you that in order to have something which is stable (building, home or otherwise), you have to have a strong foundation. The entire building is subject to the strengths and weaknesses of it's foundation. This is why so many things fail these days, and I'm not talking about buildings. New laws based on corrupt foundations will fail to address the problems they are meant to. This principle can be applied to anything you want to address.
A lot of this faulty foundation principle can be found in the area of "creating" new jobs out of thin air. When my State first passed legislation requiring contractors to be licensed, it indeed sounded like a great idea, without a doubt. It is a felony in this State to contract without a license. This meant that only an elite group could contract, and many people lost their jobs. Before these laws, a contractor relied on the quality of his work, and word of mouth to get subsequent contracts. When the building market crashed in my area, all done by licensed contractors mind you, the County had placed a moratorium on new building permits, because more that 50% of the construction done that year had lawsuits against them due to shoddy workmanship. The new law put local carpenters, etc, out of work, replaced by licensed contractors using immigrant (mostly illegal) labor.
Another example of this is in the Home Inspection Business. So they passed a law saying in order to buy or sell a home, a Licensed Home Inspector had to approve it. You can check into this yourself... most Home Inspectors are real estate agents who have never built a home. When you look at a house, he'll tell you that "I had a home inspector look at it and here are his findings." He won't tell you that was he who looked at the house himself or his wife.
These jobs that were created out of thin air have ruined the economy in my area, I don't know about yours...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by etidorpha

I like your reply (which is why i starred it but dont start arguing people coz i starred them all :lol

I believe you could be onto something here... we really don't know why we are here and the way we go through life just to pay our way through this Society which has been built to make certain people richer has actually got to be the wrong reason we are here...

We all know there must be more to live for then this but until we can get out of the grip that we are under i don't know how we can find the answer... there is supposed to be a new age, a new dawn soon.... maybe when this happens the answers will appear!!

Maybe we'll be singing this when it comes:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join