It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay people, settle down. So he/she was a paid troll. Don't get your cockles in a snit. Back in the day I was paid forum poster. Gonna shoot me now?

I took the job desription that he put in his op " Online Communications Associate" and Googled it. Here's what I found.

www.google.com...

www.payscale.com...=Online_Communications_Associate/Salary

Not only does it happen, but it happens a lot. What if I told you that I was a paid Online Commmunications Associate for a New Age company out of Sedona AZ.( those people have the money to pay) to help drum up awareness, support and business. Go to my profile and read some of my posts. It's concievable. I may also work for an educational facility that is funded by the Government. They have money as well. Look a little further and you'll also find that I've been applauded by staff a few times. I add quality to this site and others that I frequent becasue that's just the kind of guy I am. ( Yes, I'm banging my own drum, thank you
)

My point is this. A troll is called that by people of opposing viewpoints. The people who are staunch Catholics probably belieive I'm a troll because I believe the leaders of that religion to be evil incarnate. Read my past posts about the subject. I state my viewpoint in a concise and well worded manner. So who's the troll?

Just because people get paid to write online doesn't make them evil and it doesn't make them a troll unless they add nothing of value while they're doing it. And if that's the case, they're overpaid IMO.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How about linking us to the five posts you thought were your most memorable and explain what the focus and intent was of those posts.
i don't disbelieve you i would like to see an in context example of your work to help provide me with a better understanding of what i should be aware of when looking at replies.
Thanks and welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry

There was an additional significant component during the 2008 campaign that involved harsh material about Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani.

Interesting, I saw it against Ron Paul during the 2008 election cycle. Rudy however brought it on himself with his stupidity and especially his blatant scare tactics with regards to 9//11.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I'm sure everyone appreciates it when their enemy makes it easy to target them.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You would be suprised how many people on the web are paid trolls.

You would also be suprised how many people on the web are agents for different agencies keeping tabs on those who get to close to the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ggggrrrrr!!!! I always knew. But what's the use really effendi...

There's nothing to do now. Water under the bridge? I'm sure deep inside all of you and your kind feel it's not for the money. Last impression is the final beat of the human heart. Kudos for the confession. Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfsorry

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
So in your experience - how can one spot a paid troll? What are the signs. If you are half sorry, at least share secrets of trade.

That being said, if you're seeing someone posting on monday morning in exuberant favor of something that was fervently pushed in conservative media over the weekend, there is a chance that may have been one of us especially of the topic was critical of the conservative media.

You think you need TROLLS for this? There are those of us who are genuinely fed up with the liberal media and progressives in general.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
how exactly did you or do you do the trolling ?

I simply posted the provided scripts, usually with modifications, within targeted topics on several different sites.

Please provide us with exactly what you said in those scripts....you said they became second nature....also...thanks for telling us....I for one didn't know there are paid trolls....this explains a lot.
edit on 11-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
I'm sure you will find many on the right here on ATS to stroke your ego ------ I however am not and will never be one. move to the left ------- in other words --- lean forward........(but we ain't paying you to do it)

I am starting to feel the OP is nothing but a lefwing troll trying to claim this, after all even the Obama administration has said they have wanted to infiltrate in conspiracy sites like this one to PUSH their agendas, and certainly blaming Repiblicans is exactlyu something the left wing Obama and his trollls would do...

The OP kind of sounds...

Source:
In a lengthy academic paper, President Obamas regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, argued the U.S. government should ban "conspiracy theorizing." Among the beliefs Sunstein would ban is advocating that the theory of global warming is a deliberate fraud. Sunstein also recommended the government send agents to infiltrate "extremists who supply conspiracy theories" to disrupt the efforts of the "extremists" to propagate their theories.

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

And of course to kill two birds with a stone claim the Tea Party, the Rigfht in general and other groups are the ones that should be stopped, or even banned, when it is obvious who should be banned and stopped from holding any jobs in government because the are destroying the Republic of the United States.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
I'm sure you will find many on the right here on ATS to stroke your ego ------ I however am not and will never be one. move to the left ------- in other words --- lean forward........(but we ain't paying you to do it)

I am starting to feel the OP is nothing but a lefwing troll trying to claim this, after all even the Obama administration has said they have wanted to infiltrate in conspiracy sites like this one to PUSH their agendas, and certainly blaming Repiblicans is exactlyu something the left wing Obama and his trollls would do...

The OP kind of sounds...

Source:
In a lengthy academic paper, President Obamas regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, argued the U.S. government should ban "conspiracy theorizing." Among the beliefs Sunstein would ban is advocating that the theory of global warming is a deliberate fraud. Sunstein also recommended the government send agents to infiltrate "extremists who supply conspiracy theories" to disrupt the efforts of the "extremists" to propagate their theories.

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

And of course to kill two birds with a stone claim the Tea Party, the Rigfht in general and other groups are the ones that should be stopped, or even banned, when it is obvious who should be banned and stopped from holding any jobs in government because the are destroying the Republic of the United States.

Are you joking?

You present info that shows the Left in general not only wants to but INTENDS to infiltrate conspiracy sites and destroy the movements from within and you say the OTHER side should be stopped? That makes no sense at all... unless YOU are one of the infiltrators and want the infiltration to succeed!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry

You sound like a paid democrat troll.

L8tr.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of the "I shot someone" thread and im going to reply very simular to how i did there as im going to here in this thread.

So...

Ive gathered you have came on ATS after your "trolling" days and created a thread called "I was a paid internet troll".

You havnt gave any decent information to be honest,your just covering your "six" like you probably did when you were a paid active troll.

To be personally honest,even your replies to the questions asked on this thread about your involvement in "trolling" sound scripted,like its second nature for you.
I probably would of picked that out even if you didnt claim you were a "troll",just by reading your posts and how you dont give away any extra information that you dont need to,whilst giving enough information for some people to believe your claims and assume what you are saying is the truth.

You actually sound like someone that has or does work with the MSM.

I dont exactly see why you even came here and claimed what you did,are you trying to feel better about what you did? are you trying to get people to feel sorry for you? are you just continuing your "trolling"?

What exactly do you want from this thread? what are your goals from even posting this thread?

I find it hard to even believe a word your saying for the reasons i have mentioned,i wont believe a word you say either.

Like others have said,i think you should be banned and anything you have done on ATS deleted.
Even ban your IP and/or MAC address and any other information you are linked to.

Because if you had the nerve to spread information the way you did as a job,even if it was just a job,why should we believe you wont do it again?
Why should we believe you arent doing it now?
This thread looks like exactly what members have stated,your a "troll" that is "trolling" about "trolling"
And that is exactly what this is,if you were serious about trying to achieve,whatever you are tring to achieve on here.You would give the information that is being asked from you.
Especially when you claim the employers you worked for dont even exist anymore.
Furthermore,the information you have stated doesnt add up anyhow.

I also think anyone who swallows your garbage is very gullible as well.

I definitely am not buying a word you say and will not buy into anything you say.

Because,your a joke,what you done was joke and this thread is a joke.On anyone that believes it.

I hope the administrators of this site shut this thread down,as well as your account and anything to do with you.

This is the only way to get rid of "trolls",to be vigilant and enforce actual members of ATS to track and hunt people like you down,then shut you down and make sure you dont return.

Have a good life "troll"...

Welcome to ATS.

edit on 11-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Pics or it didn't happen.

So, if I showed you a series of picks of horns gradually growing out of my head, you'll believe that it happened? LOL......Wow.....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Wow!

Way to pre-judge someone with a massive personal attack.

Remind me not to let you near any minorities!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Haha...this thread is awesome! Dude, you do kinda do sound like a dem troll. But what can you expect from people on a conspiracy site? If you say one thing about any of the, what I call "divider topics" ie. "conservative, liberal, UFO no UFO, etc. Then you will be suspected of trolling for the opposing viewpoint. Without proof you have to expect this, right? And your claiming to have been a paid troll. You should know more than most how this thread was going to go. You knew before you wrote it that you were not going to give substantiated information...so troll...maybe dumb... perhaps just bored. And repliers...come on! Straight away if the guy says he won't give up the goods on his claims, just let it go. I mean, perhaps it's fun to try and pressure the goods out of the OP but really, you know how these are going to go...like chasing a fart in the wind.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutant

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
So in your experience - how can one spot a paid troll? What are the signs. If you are half sorry, at least share secrets of trade.

That being said, if you're seeing someone posting on monday morning in exuberant favor of something that was fervently pushed in conservative media over the weekend, there is a chance that may have been one of us especially of the topic was critical of the conservative media.

You think you need TROLLS for this? There are those of us who are genuinely fed up with the liberal media and progressives in general.

I know there are paid liberal trolls out there, they have been ramping up their rhetoric in the last few weeks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Seriously guys? You really think only one party does this? And it isn't your's?

How foolish you are.

Or....how interesting that people immediately try to discredit an uncomfortable topic, and if that doesn't work try to mire it in Libs-Cons until it turns into mush.

Love it. Pay No Attention To the Man Behind The Curtain.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbd0109efa03.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2011/8/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
instaban

"I hesitate to name names" - I hesitate to call someone who engages in illegal activity and then pretends he is bound by some sort of legal agreement to not disclose information a liar but I will, liar.

Otherwise from my angle you are still trolling the internet your just not getting payed for it. And frankly whtehr your cautionary tale is real or not it still aims to do the same thing make people mistrust every source and hesitate to communicate with one another.
edit on 11-8-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i have to call BS on this. Do you know how easy it is for someone to come on ATS and say what you said? Provide some proof or it didn't happen

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Wow! Way to pre-judge someone with a massive personal attack. Remind me not to let you near any minorities!

Excuse me,but if i remember correctly,this person came here and stated what they said.

Im not pre-judging,this person gave me enough information for me to make my opinion on them for this matter,and my previous post is my opinion on them for this matter,simple.

If you read it,or read it properly,you would see i actually have good,valid points for saying what i did.

Are you defending a known "troll" or something?

Do you want to get rid of "trolls" or are you a "troll" yourself?
Kind of seems that way.
Well you can defend,but im not going to.

You cant expect to get rid of "trolls" whilst embracing their time as a "troll"?
What information is this person going to give us? nothing of substance,so why allow them to continue doing what they do?
Its bloody ridiculous and stupid.
Harden up,the problem of "trolls" isnt going to go away when you pussyfoot around them,jeez.

Personal attack? pfft...

My kind of personal attack for people like this isnt even allowed on ATS,this is far from a personal attack from me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join