AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 7
52
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry
 


Thanks half. I think you've explained in a short and conscise manner what goes on here everyday, by a handful of suspiciously silent (six pages) posters. Whether you doubters believe half or not, his point has been well made. What makes half even more believable is his inability to get a 'real' job, so he had to resort to 'trolling' for a check. The group of nitwits that I regularly butt heads with fit that description perfectly. Marginally talented people who don't quite have enough brains to make it in a tough employment market, and being a shill is the best work they can get.




posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by voidla
 


Hey dawg, I heard you like trolling. So we put a troll in your troll post about trolling so you can troll about trolls as you troll.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Does anyone ever get the feeling that they are the only authentic human on the net? As far as the OP: very unconvincing. Sure, paid trolls are out there in mass shaping popular opinion. This is a truth, but to believe the OP was actually one of these paid trolls is improbable. if he/she is a paid troll, they have said litle to shed any light on this important topic. I estimate that a large percentage of internet bloggers are schills. In fact, the only reason I have an ATS account is because of the frustration I felt with posts that I believe were not genuine.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just another type of editorialist. Just another type of journalist.

Most journalists and editorialists aren't printing or talking THEIR OWN ideas. That isn't what they are paid for.

What is one more type of them?

The people who protest too much are very amusing. Anyone with a modicum of political experience, or advertizing experience should be well aware that this isn't just likely it is inevitable.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well this atleast explains all the birther threads. Stupid robot trolls i should've noticed it was the same crap over and over agian.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Just another type of editorialist. Just another type of journalist.

Most journalists and editorialists aren't printing or talking THEIR OWN ideas. That isn't what they are paid for.

What is one more type of them?

The people who protest too much are very amusing. Anyone with a modicum of political experience, or advertizing experience should be well aware that this isn't just likely it is inevitable.



wow, first time i agree with you on something

This is just marketing, in some way you can't blame the shills for "doing their job"

we all have to pay bills right?



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is intense, assuming half sorry is telling the truth. I read a couple pages before coming up with a question, so I'm not sure if it was asked already, but would you mind taking a pic of a check or pay stub from your experience?

Obviously black out any/all personal information you deem, but I think this would be a start if the pay stab says who your employer was.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The FBI has long had a history of infiltrating anti government establishment affiliated organizations.
First it was organized crime, then trade unions, the Klan, the Black Panthers and now they are after the 9/11 Truth movement....

There are members here on ATS who ONLY TROLL on 9/11 threads for example.

When I pointed this out, I was quickly silenced, my post deleted and all of my applause points deleted !

What's today's Spot Price of Gold, Silver and Applause points today ?!

Gold @ $1759.

Silver @ $38.59

Applause Points...Not Quoted ...as in worthless.





edit on 11-8-2011 by nh_ee because: A Troll is a Troll ....and paid Trolls apparently DO exist.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee
 


As i start to think...

ATS' star and flag system would make for a perfect way to "judge performance" on trolls

Anything to explain ATS management?



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If you signed non disclosure agreements you are in violation of US law.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Who cares if you were a Troll? Trolls only affect the stupid people. Those who have free minds and can think for themselves, never listen to Trolls anyway. On that note, I am off to educate myself.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
If you signed non disclosure agreements you are in violation of US law.


May depend on how much time has elapsed. May depend on the company freelancing having properly constructed their agreements. May depend on that he's not using his real name, nor the name of the companies, and therefore there is no specific infringement.

May depend on if this is an assignment to determine how many people are aware of the number of not-completely-real posters.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
Who cares if you were a Troll? Trolls only affect the stupid people. Those who have free minds and can think for themselves, never listen to Trolls anyway. On that note, I am off to educate myself.


In that case, the population of the stupid is larger than I have ever feared.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
well i for one say welcome aboard! some of the regulars here can be a little "territorial " at times i think evan if just a story or gods honest truth your tale is intresting.
hang in there



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
At some point, owner's of fourms will have to determine if they think they can make as much money from the organizations using their services for free as they do from advertizing.

That may become the test for paid trolling in the long run.

However if trolls bring eyes, then they are paying their way on boards that profit from advertizing. Symbiotic relationship.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The op story and followup comments are interesting and certainly thought-provoking. But the rage of the skeptics is patently hilarious. Why is it so hard to believe that political parties and their related organizations might pay people to post the talking points? Maybe if the op had said he was paid by lefty organization, he might have gotten a better reception?



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Cool story bro. What would be the point in paying someone to troll a site like this? There are plenty of people who come on here to troll for free



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Where do I send my resume?



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
people that think OP is a troll, watch this, it seems that OP might be telling the truth:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

skypeassholes.com...

www.thewhig.com...



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

The FBI has long had a history of infiltrating anti government establishment affiliated organizations.
First it was organized crime, then trade unions, the Klan, the Black Panthers and now they are after the 9/11 Truth movement....

There are members here on ATS who ONLY TROLL on 9/11 threads for example.

When I pointed this out, I was quickly silenced, my post deleted and all of my applause points deleted !

What's today's Spot Price of Gold, Silver and Applause points today ?!

Gold @ $1759.

Silver @ $38.59

Applause Points...Not Quoted ...as in worthless.

edit on 11-8-2011 by nh_ee because: A Troll is a Troll ....and paid Trolls apparently DO exist.


I'm afraid that much as I see a lot of value in this site, I am also gradually coming to the conclusion that when a thread or a post gets too close the uncomfortable raw truth it is closed, moved or deleted.

I agree that there are trolls on this site assigned to specific topics...9/11 being one, as you say. Chemtrails is another one.
edit on 11-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)



new topics
 
52
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join