It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry

So what are you doing now to keep a roof over your head, ex-troll?

Unless that's a secret too...

edit on 11-8-2011 by FurthestStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
you're trolling right now, this thread should be moved to hoax and you should be banned, you're whats helping RUIN ATS

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfsorry
There was an additional significant component during the 2008 campaign that involved harsh material about Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani.

Harsh material about Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani? That's oddly inconsistent. Ron Paul is constantly attacked by the media, true, but Rudy Giuliani is a media darling, an establishment insider.

You seem to be a bit confused.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

This is the first time I've ever heard of this, aside from the occasional accusations of someone being a disinformation agent. Funny enough, I've never heard of such a thing till I came to this forum but the first time I saw someone accused of being one was on another site
I did, however, suspect people of being very persistent in arguing as if it were their job. I just may have been right, if what you say is true. Either way, because of such encounters with these trolls I've learned to not deal with them. Most trolls are fail but there are some good ones that can put up an argument & mock all at once. Their posts are so negative you can almost feel it!

Be honest, did you or your cronies troll the World of Warcraft forums

So how does one become a troll? To become one sounded like a big-to-do. But then again, the pay suck, although the convenience factor is a huge plus. Tell me, why would the republican party & other nameless firms hire people to troll the internet? To really become disinformation agents or just to be jerks? Can you tell what sites you were trolling, if not, at least describe what sites they were. Most of all, can you tell us what the scripts were like & what kind of threads or posts you trolled. Or did they tell you what threads & posts to trol, & if so, who has the job of locating these threads.

I mean wtf, this really all sounds like a huge waste of time in their part. What do they accomplish in the end game? Spreading disinformation is the only logical conclusion I can think of.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I never performed my functions here

Yeah, I never like to perform my 'functions' in public either.

peace
edit on 11-8-2011 by silo13 because: took out the welcome, lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
We are Rigel4 .... We are not troll friendly....

Their from the otherside....

' Ahem ' Did you just knock someone's spelling ? lol

Welcome Halfsorry, look forward to reading your posts

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
How do you expect us to believe you now? Maybe this is your first attempt at trolling

In al seriousness, please describe the agenda, no need to give names, but please tell us the points, the motives, what you were trying to accomplish. Or would this be too hard to come up with

Five years of doing something this "special" should certainly leave you with more than enough really curious tidbits to share.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Since the end of my paid trolling, it feels as though my political antibodies have developed sophisticated defense systems as I avoid politics, political discussions, and political news. Seriously.

Freudian slip?
edit on 11/8/11 by Romekje because: 2nd

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone's asked for it already, how about an example of your work trolling? Link to a post or thread maybe. That would convince me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This shouldn't come as news to anyone. I only read the first page before I wanted to puke. I cannot imagine admitting in a public forum that I was bought and paid for. I find it reprehensible and repugnant.

I guess it's just another sign of the times we live in. Situational morality is fine just as long as youre getting paid, right? What's the noun that describes someone who sells themself for money? Let me think, dubba yew...ayche...

What gets me is the motto of this site, "Deny Ignorance." I may be alone but is it not ignorant to allow paid shills to present info without a disclaimer? There are ways to identify trolls such as multiple aliases from same IP adress.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Hind sight is 20/20. Most people don't even comprehend the harm they can bring on others in an attempt to make the world a better place. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Don't know who said that, but it makes sense to me.
Not to start a religion debate but, we as christians are taught to treat everyone like a close family member. Especially your enemies. Very few carry their belief this far. Most christians worship a homeless man(Jesus) 1 day a week and turn their noses up to homeless the other 6. I don't know where that mentality came from. I don't think I'm better than anyone like that. I made my own mistakes. I'm hardly able to pass judgement on someone else. I believe most people do what they think they have to at the time. Not to hurt others or make life difficult for people, but just survive.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Can I call BS on this whole thread.

There are always thread on ATS about paid shills and this is clearly someone who is copying those introductions “ask a.......” anything. This is a flag garb.

I can already predict the 67 pages of ironic trolling.

That is all.

I dislike commenting on first-page replies, but let's be clear on something. There is rarely a good reason to show such vehement denial of a theory, particularly when you can neither prove or disprove the argument.

Doing so now is actually helping his claim, and can you see why? You've made yourself sound like a shill.
edit on 11-8-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not sure what to make of the OP.

Very plausible claim, I'm sure stuff like that happens.. and is happening now more than ever and will happen more and more. But no solid proof was provided.

As for paid trolling on ATS - either half the board are paid trolls or half the board is a bunch of soulless imbeciles.

edit on 11-8-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That being said, if you're seeing someone posting on monday morning in exuberant favor of something that was fervently pushed in conservative media over the weekend, there is a chance that may have been one of us especially of the topic was critical of the conservative media.

You just described a very large number of ATS members, some of which have already posted in this thread.

So my question...if the right can get no life henchman to do it's bidding for free, why ON EARTH would they pay someone?

As far as being a troll acting to discredit the right...yeah right. Like any side in politics needs help looking stupid.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfsorry For almost five years, I was a paid Internet troll.

I was originally assigned this site, which is why I joined.

halfsorry Member Registered: 22-5-2006

Originally posted by halfsorry it's been some time since I've been privy to the talking points, and at best I would only guess.
Seems like you just left the game. Why is the job too far back to remember talking points? Please post a script.

Originally posted by MrWendal If this site was assigned to you as you have claimed

Originally posted by halfsorry we were only required to be active on X number of sites, not specific sites.
So which story is true? Were you assigned this site, or did you pick this site?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

As far as being a troll acting to discredit the right...yeah right. Like any side in politics needs help looking stupid.

if i could star you i would

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just look at his name, he's only half sorry for his trolling actions apparently. I call BS.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Paid shills, I hate your kind. Anyone willing to do this, no matter the pay or circumstance is a pos. Mercenary, treasonous individuals that support the agenda of the oligarchy. These shills have blood on their hands. Catapulting the propaganda for blood money will bite you in the ass one day. Karma is truly a bitch.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Trolling about trolling.

Lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join