It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't believe you! You can't even spell.
Prove me wrong and post some names,places, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by Aeons

I don't believe you! You can't even spell.
Prove me wrong and post some names,places, etc.

About what?

Listen. In person, I've gone as a plant in an audience more than once to ask scripted questions.

As a campaign manager, I've had people from the other parties show up pretending to be someone else and offering to help to assess the campaign.

"Hi, I'm Jerry." What I want to say is "Hi Jerry. Gosh, you look and sound just like the Premier's fundraising manager." What I did instead was say, "Hi Jerry. Here's a phone." Then call the President of the party and let them know who is tracking where.

This is standard operating practice in political parties and causes.

If I can do it in person, I can sure do it from home in my underwear on the couch with a laptop.
edit on 2011/8/10 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by halfsorry

It's also idiots like you, who "sell their soul" to belittle other people & bring down the overall "quality" of sites, such as ATS.

Whether you still do it or not, I hope you stay off ATS & other sites, Mr. Troll.

Actually, I welcome those whom drop their former deception and come clean/whistleblow.

Stepping on a ant that walked away from the nest does nothing, but listening to the ant on how to find the queen may accomplish something..what are you saying exactly? Consider your response....you want to shoot anyone whom comes clean..

Whats your agenda?

-suddenly looks at everyone suspiciously-

My agenda? Troll-killer.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by halfsorry

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
So you were paid to advance extreme conservatism?

So, you were paid by Fox News?

I very much doubt my employer had any direct connection with Fox News. The name of the firm changed three times during the course of my tenure, though the project management site never changed. I surmise the source of funding was some form of political action group.

So it couldn't be possible that you are a liberal internet troll pretending you were a conservative internet troll?

hmmmmmm?
edit on 023131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

After my experiences, I'd qualify myself as more libertarian than anything at this point. You've never regretted anything you've done in order to not be homeless?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So OP....

You registered 5 years ago, you love ATS, you only made 2 posts in 5 years even though you were paid to post on sites like this?

You have the will power of a mule, wow.

How many other accounts have you been registered under on ATS?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You know what it is interesting about a troll?

Sometimes they bring out something interesting to discuss. The ideas stand alone even if the poster does not.

Sometimes, the legitimacy of a poster is far less important than the topic.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

the extreme conservative position? and you're only half sorry? aren't the extreme conservatives the right wing nuts wreaking havoc on this country & her economy? I repeat; and you're only half sorry? what exactly would it take for 100% full on regret? how do people like you look at themselves in the mirror? sleep at night? raise children? ................ ya know what, this is your introduction and I hate to rain on your parade but shame on you. and all for a few bucks. maybe when I calm down I'll come back and say hello in my nice tone of voicetype. people like you tick me off. sorry OP. I'm sure you will find many on the right here on ATS to stroke your ego ------ I however am not and will never be one. move to the left ------- in other words --- lean forward........(but we ain't paying you to do it)

You just quoted from MSNBC owned by GE.

You already lost credibility for quoting a propaganda line from a commercial.
Then you go on to accuse right wingers.

You sound like one of the paid shills to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

LOL oh man that picture is of epic proportions!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Pics???? really, you want someone to post pics of something that doesn't involve Pictures....are you serious??? If I I shoved poop in your hand, you would probably want proof that it was poop.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I was paid by liberals and entertainment companies to troll against other trolls... man i came up with some good stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have a few questions to the OP:

How much exactly would you get paid to be a troll?

How does one get a job as a troll? I have never seen a job posting online or in a newspaper to be paid for trolling.

Can you give us a link to a thread that you were being paid to troll?

What do your employer's gain by you trolling discussion boards on the internet? I can understand giving fake reviews for products on Amazon, but if it is political motives I fail to see how a company can gain from that. Also, there are already tons of people doing it for free on the internet that I assume would be discussing the exact same things you were posting about. So I fail to see why they would bother to pay for someone to do it if it is already being done for free.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Probably 10 years ago, I read in a political magazine the number for the amount of money spent by political organizations trying to direct discussion, give talking points, and put language around discussions. The number was quite staggering.

Hmmm. Wish I could remember where that was. Maybe some political science student will be able to do so.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Oh realllllllly. Lets see some proof. So, tell me how exactly did you do this? I mean, why just a small margin of subjects? A person could talk about hair styling and the conversation could lead totally somewhere else sometimes. So tell me, how did you get a person to a different subject that was on your small margin of info? What tactics was used and why? Did you make your own videos and post them on different websites? Did you manipulate the facts and videos and post them as true, or did you post some truths and some lies? Was there a list of websites that you were to go to, to use as news or interest? Did you regularly make up stories to sway opinions towards your side? Did you have others who helped you to sway the interests of others? Who were the people you would consider easy? They paid you to do this? how much?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

so smokeyhaze, how can you tell a TROLL when you hear one?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i believe you are lying :

the internal consistency and logic of you tail breaks down within the few vague posts you have deigned to share

you studiously avoid sharing any evidence of your cailms

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

you mad, tap tap tap. I love your cartoon. great. I got a laugh. Some people call you a troll just because they have a different view or oppinion on things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join