It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't Believe Aliens Are Visiting This Planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAliens

I would like for you to try to Debunk these incidents instead of just labeling them as nonsense.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ok but they know that its us doing our experiments on them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cal71919

post by cal71919
You say water is common in our solar system? That's news to me.

Astronomers Find Largest, Most Distant Reservoir of Water

Two teams of astronomers have discovered the largest and farthest reservoir of water ever detected in the universe. The water, equivalent to 140 trillion times all the water in the world's ocean, surrounds a huge, feeding black hole, called a quasar, more than 12 billion light-years away
www.nasa.gov...

The 18 Most Interesting Worlds in our Solar System

Ceres
What's more - is that Ceres potentially has more fresh water than on Earth.

Uranus
While Uranus is the third largest planet in the Solar System, it is significantly smaller than Jupiter and Saturn. It is theorized that Uranus has a rocky core, padded by a mantle of liquid water, methane, and ammonia all trapped in an atmosphere of hydrogen and helium

Haumea
The fastest spinning object in the Solar System is Haumea, a dwarf planet beyond Neptune.
What makes this world mysterious is the "fresh ice" that covers the surface.

Ganymede
The surface of Ganymede consists of rocks, clay, ice, and other organic materials.

Enceladus
Ice crystal geysers on Enceladus' surface shoot powerful bursts of water vapor into the atmosphere. These water vapor geysers are proof of significant geological activity

Europa
There's an ocean under there. Scientists have since detected a global ocean swirling beneath the frozen crust. And they think the ocean is warm enough to support life. For that reason, Europa gives us the best chances of finding life outside our own planet.

Neptune
Neptune, along with Uranus, are considered "ice giants." The name is appropriate since they do have large quantities of water ice mixed in with other gases.

www.alienresearchcorp.com...
Water water every where

edit on 10-8-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Search on this site.

The biggest problem with this subject is that some people refuse, no matter what, to let go of the stories. People cling to Roswell, Rendlesham, Phoenix, JAL etc. It's pointless when there are still some genuinely intesting cases out there.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAliens

Doesnt mean they are any less great sightings they are just the most revered.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't know why an alien race wouldn't want to visit our planet to be honest, maybe planet Earth has an abundance of elements that their planet doesn't and they want to study them, maybe they find the human race interesting or maybe they think there's a lot they could learn from us and our planet. Look at us, we send space probes towards planets that we know fine well have no chance of intelligent life on them but people still want to learn about them, we sent astronauts to the moon several times knowing that there's nothing there but dust and rocks, imagine how we would react if we actually found a planet with intelligent life and civilisation where there's a structured way of life. I'm sure we would be doing all we could to learn about them and how they live.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Zecharia Sitchin is a complete fraud. His "translations" have been proven wrong by real translators and researchers in many fields. Anything based on his work is also absolute bunk. The ancient aliens series is so full of blatantly false information, its sad it ever made it on TV, but then again, because its mostly nonsense, I guess that is where it belongs.

I find it incredible that so many people follow this man's work and give him so much credit, considering he has no credibility at all. Michael S. Heiser is a credible scholar who has examined Sitchin's work. Heiser has given presentations regarding this, and has a website about the entire thing. Look it up.

To the OP: I see where you are coming from. I'm not convinced myself, and I have experienced no less than 4 UFO sightings, one of which hovered 10 feet from my face in the middle of a metropolitan area.

I look at it another way, however. Why would aliens NOT visit Earth? Observing our idiotic behavior would probably be incredibly entertaining. Also, assuming aliens have a desire similar to ours to understand and catalogue and study everything living and non-living in the universe, I find it hard to believe they would not visit Earth at least on occassion.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

I tend to agree with your theory, with one exception. I think it is entirely possible that aliens have visited thousands of years ago but never again. I can even consider the thought that we are possibly alien to the planet. I figure it's just as good a possibility as evolution from pond slime or Godly magic.

I do not think we are currently being visited by aliens.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

They do highlight some very fascinating places of the world though, talking about the ancient aliens series. But yes, from my perspective their logical and archaeological senses is warped to put it mildly. They're very skilled in their rhetoric, and I wouldn't blame anyone uneducated on the topic for being inclined to believe them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You'll find a hefty amount of evidence here, physical, mechanical and anecdotal. As well as a host of eye-witness accounts from innumerable reliable sources. On this page, please click on "Govt. and Scientific Studies". Best wishes. C.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Agreed. I just wish people would do a little bit of digging before putting so much stock into something so consequential.

I think the problem with the alien visitation question is belief itself. Belief has no scientific bearing. Its just like faith. It requires no evidence, no proof, nothing. I like to look at facts, and I accept the facts as they are revealed to me, even if they go against what I want to believe. I want to believe aliens visit Earth, that they have been involved for millenia. It would explain so much. But as I said, belief is nothing compared to facts. We can all believe that aliens either are or are not visiting Earth. When and if this is confirmed or denied beyond any doubt, our beliefs will become meaningless and pale in light of the truth.

Here are the facts as I know them.

1. People around the world have been witnessing unexplained events in the skies and oceans for hundreds of years. These witnesses include pilots with decades of experience in the skies, they include people in charge of nuclear weapons, people who have spent thousands of hours in space above our planet, and they include individuals from all walks of life. When a pilot with 30 years in the air says walnut shaped craft flew around his aircraft for several minutes and then took off at impossible speeds, it is important for people like us to listen. When the supervisor of a nuclear missile facility states that he received a report from topside saying there was a disc shaped object floating directly above the facility, and then all of the missiles shut down, it is important for us to take notice and consider the possibilities. When governments release UFO files documenting numerous, unexplained sightings of immense objects, complete with diagrams, physical evidence, and eyewitness accounts, it is important for people like us to investigate. I could go on, but you get the idea. The bottom line being that there is, without any doubt, something unexplained going on in our skies and seas.

2. People around the world have also been hoaxing, faking, telling untruths, and tricking the gullable for centuries. Its nothing new, and will doubtless continue. It is important for people like us to remember this when reviewing evidence such as video, audio, and the like. Suspicion and skepticism are very healthy and positive traits to carry with you. A big red flag for me is that oldest of motivators of lies, which is profit. If a person has something to profit from making this or that claim, he/she is worthy of a great deal of suspicion. I use the example of Jaime Maussan and the MUFON investigators. They exposed one of his famous sightings as fake, and yet he continued to claim it was real because he gains a great deal from the widespread belief that aliens visit Earth. Zecharia Sitchin is another great example of this.

3. Debunking is unscientific. If it is your goal to debunk something, then you are already beyond any credibility because you have an agenda. The goal should be to seek the truth to its fullest extent, regardless of what one wants or does not want to be true. The same goes with proof. If you investigate with the intent of proving a theory or hypothesis, you also have an agenda, and your results will ultimately be tainted with that agenda. Abandon these approaches and you will see much better results. Many people often state that a hypothesis must be proven or denied. This is incorrect. A hypothesis must be TESTED. During testing the end result is entirely irrelevant.

So what is the lesson? Believe what you want, but NEVER allow your beliefs to cause you to dismiss evidence out of hand without investigation, and NEVER allow your beliefs to cause you to accept something that is easily dismissed through a thoughtful and complete investigation.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 10-8-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation
I just find it hard to believe they would have much interest in Earth.

Why? Millions of different types of life flourishing on a planet that is less sophistically developed than them.. I would be interested in studying them if I was an alien. You almost have to think that aliens might actually think closer to how we think that we thought.. Maybe the curiosity of exploration stays with us even when we evolve.. not so far fetched is it? How can we possibly know what an alien is thinking?

I will try to see it from their point of view (the aliens). The Universe is unlimited what would compel them to search our area of the galaxy? Out of trillions of stars. If Life is abundant in the Universe what would make us so special that they would need come visit us. How would they know where to search?

Well that's not really trying is it?
Better yet, why would they visit any other place in the galaxy and not us? We're just as special as anything else in the universe IMO.

To date there has been a lack of true physical evidence.

Actually there's evidence all over the place, we just lack the smoking gun.. alien implants have been pulled out of peoples skin, but how can you prove what it's used for? How about the hyroglyphics you see on walls in egypt (i.e. the helicopters especially), or the discs painted in historical paintings?

The Roswell Crash which accelerated interest in this subject, has yielded no physical proof regarding aliens.

That's because the government would have cleaned up the evidence.. believing in the Russians is lacking just as much evidence as a UFO crash.. just because an author comes out with a book saying she spent weeks/months with Area 51 employees doesn't mean anything they are the ones trying to further their careers, and pocket books.

I'm pretty sure NASA knows nothing about aliens.

What makes you so sure? NASA spoon feeds everyone what they want to feed them.. they even air brush photo's of the moon.

There no legit photos of Aliens or their space craft. All I see is a bunch of misidentified human aircraft.

Again.. how do you know I thought they were called UFO's (Unidentified Flying Objects)?

I don't know how people come to the conclusion that they are our space brothers..Or that they are perfectly harmless. And they will just "Enlighten Us, Or share their Spiritual Knowledge."

I guess most people would believe at their level of conscienceness they wouldn't feel threatened.. but those are mainly hippies saying that IMO.. I'm sure they've seen one of our nuclear explosions.. and apparently they have deactivated a nuclear launch of ours once.

edit on 10-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No offense OP, but I can't see how you could possibly "see it" from an aliens perspective. They may have reasons we cannot fathom, be thousands or even millions of years advanced over us.. how could we possibly discern their reasons for being here? They could have 1,000 reasons we are not even capable of considering.

While I could understand if you felt that evidence was lacking (personally I feel there is a mountain of evidence), I can't get the "they would have no reason to be here" reasoning. That follows along the same line of thinking as "It's not aliens, they wouldn't use lights on their ships!" Which I think is equally ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Why? Millions of different types of life flourishing on a planet that is less sophistically developed than them..

zzzzzzzzzzzz.... Life here has adapted to the environment... not magically pooffed into existence there...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I also don't belive aliens have ever visited our planet.

The UFO's iv seen in videos and pictures are probably man made because they'r usually the size of a plane or bus and that's hardly big enough to carry all the resources and tools needed to travel the universe.

Alien ships would be huge like the size of a city.
edit on 10-8-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

They came in search for intelligent life...and found none. Jk, on a serious note, if the hollow Earth theory is true they could be underneath your feet. The Earth is ~4.5 billion years old, this might not be "our" planet, but just a piece for a bigger scheme. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sooo im guessing you guys dont know about Obama preparing to disclose about the ET's. Most of the world has already done it such as New Zealand, Brazil, United Kingdom, Canada, Russia, Finland and many other countries. They are hiding their existence because they want to keep their control over you and they want you to never know who you really are and who you were originated from. Most people believe that they ET's would look very different from us but really they are the spiting image of us. There is one race of ET's named The Pleiadians. Now most of the ships you are seeing in the skies are the ships from a race called The Greys and they are not here for us but for what we posses on this planet and the other race is called The Reptilians, this race is DEEPLY involved with your government and are here for the same reason (to control you). To make this easier to believe try typing in alien skulls in google images and see what comes up
. This may be alot to take in and if you dont believe me then that is your opinion and you are simply not ready to be awakened but if this raises some eyebrows then do the research about what i have just said then you will see and you got to admit, This does sound like something you government would do. I mean think about it, Have they ever done something that actually helped us or benefited us? *cough* president bush *cough*

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Reading through this thread made some sense...that is a rare case in my experience on ATS...so let me comment a bit about it...con permiso?

Aside from water and and inspecting other area's...what about human life....animal life...bacteria...what about something more than us?

Maybe self importance is our downfall and there is much more here than we know?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This reply will ONLY be in regard to the original question of WHY aliens would want to visit Earth.

There a few different reasons I can think of regarding why alien lifeforms would want to visit Earth when they have the entire universe to explore.

Reason 1:
Perhaps the distance and sheer amount of space 1 race of aliens have explored really isn't as vast as some people may believe. Perhaps our species is one of the only (or is THE only) other intelligent life that the alien species has come across in their travels. Yes, they're more advanced than us by a LOT, but is a LOT really that much in the grand scheme of things? In Star Trek, as an example, their travels never even took them outside our own galaxy, even with their warp drives, etc etc. Now think about how many galaxies are out there. Countless galaxies. So, until they come across more lifeforms on other worlds to investigate, they will keep an eye on the ones they already know about while others of their own species do exploring elsewhere.

Reason 2:
The human race, I imagine, is very, very young in the grand scale of the universe, and if there ARE far more advanced lifeforms and societies out there, they may not WANT us becoming a part of what they have yet, and are here to monitor our progress. I would say it is similar to how human adults wouldn't want small children driving cars and going to places that are dangerous. It is also possible that instead of a children/adult analogy, it is more like a germ analogy. Perhaps the Earth is like one body, and the rest of the universe is like other bodies. Humans are the germs. We are dirty, germy, irrational beings. Perhaps they simply don't want us getting out into space too far and mucking it up for the rest of the species out there who are cleaner and more intelligent until we have cleaned up our act. So, they monitor us. When the point comes where we can really, truly start exploring space, they may come to us right before we set off on that journey and say "You aren't ready yet. It is true you have the technology now, but as a species you are still too young and have too much to learn before this endeavor can take place. You do not have permission to travel outside your solar system yet." or something along those lines.

Reason 3:
Perhaps the explanation is as simple as "Aliens put us here as an experiment and they naturally want to monitor it."

Reason 4:
Maybe they're just waiting until our guard is down and then they will destroy us, so they have to constantly be monitoring us in order to not miss their chance. :-P

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yes, there here, yes, I’ve seen them; yes I think some of them are as sick and demented just like some humans.
They are also in the same situation as us...good against evil. some inderviduals want peace some want control.

i'm a person that wants peace, thast all i want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join