It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Boehner and Mitch McConnell's super committee picks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Moving right along..

The top Republican congressional leaders have appointed six members to the deficit reduction “super committee,” naming a half dozen lawmakers with conservative policy credentials to make up the GOP half of the panel charged reducing the deficit by $1.5 trillion over the next decade.

Speaker John Boehner has appointed Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.), Energy and Commerce Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) and Republican Conference Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) as the House GOP members of the panel.

Hensarling will be co-chairman of the committee. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell also announced Wednesday the Senate Republican members: Jon Kyl of Arizona, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Rob Portman of Ohio.

Link

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm not thrilled. The democrat picks, the republican picks.
I find this "Top Secret Double Secret Probation Super Ninja Committee of Doom" a waste.
No debates on the floor of congress.
No hopes for freshman congresspeoples to stop the systematic rape of our countrys' freedoms.
No open discussion or visibility on what they plan to do.

What part of "Public Servant" do they not get?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The enacting of this committee is reason enough to protest. Just another way to do a roundabout to the traditional congressional system. The facad of having a balanced right and left team is to subdue the sheep into thinking that this will be a fair system when infact it is nothing more than a way to bypass the normal route of doing things in Washington so that the expedited pillage of the American way can take place. I'm Outraged!

new topics

join