It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road of Death (Youtube)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok I know this is old is from a while back now, I was looking at videos about Somalia and ended up coming across this video about a stretch of highway. I think this should be brought up because of the obvious death of many civilians and soldiers who were bombed by the US. If this did not get into the mass media, war crimes "never brought before the world court" then how do we know this type of thing is still not going on. It also highlights the usual lies and deception of MSM.

Warning. Some Graphic Content in Video

*Sorry about forgetting to warn about graphic images by the way.*
edit on 10-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
wow did not know about this incident ...

never brought before the world court? of course not ... its patriotic right pro war fools? the people on the other side of the war don't really count ? brush it under the rug..

sick disturbiing

your right how many other incidences of this goes on without ever being brought to light ...

i don't even want to think about it but im sure its a very high number

Gotta find a way off this planet ....

i do not want to share this planet with these psychopaths with dillusional sense of patriotism and turning a blind eye to reality ..

after reading the troops thread i've realised how much trouble we are in when it comes to reform .. some people are really so full of them selfs and how they justify support for such a killing machine ...

unacceptable

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A friend of mine was one of the solders who's job it was to walk that road and look for survivors.

According to what he told me, anyone left alive in all of that wreckage was terminated on sight.

War is hell.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I had not seen this video before, thank you for posting.

I would think that this is still going on - to a greater or lesser extent.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Wow... Imagine surviving all of that then once someone arives you get shot. :/

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Figured as much.

Yet you keep spewing your rhetoric as if you actually know something....
Highway of Death

During the United Nations coalition offensive in the Gulf War, retreating Iraqi military personnel were attacked on Highway 80 by American aircraft and ground forces on the night of February 26–27, 1991, resulting in the destruction of hundreds of vehicles and the deaths of many of their occupants. The scenes of devastation on the road are some of the most recognizable images of the war, and were publicly cited as a factor in President George H. W. Bush's decision to declare a cessation of hostilities on the next day. Many Iraqi forces however succeeded in escaping across the Euphrates river and the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency estimated that upwards of 70,000 to 80,000 troops from defeated divisions in Kuwait may have fled into the city of Basra.[2]

never brought before the world court? of course not ... its patriotic right pro war fools? the people on the other side of the war don't really count ? brush it under the rug..

FAIL...

Again it was widely reported in the news at the time. MAYBE you weren't out of diapers as of yet?

sick disturbiing

When you're finished with your over the top self absorbed drama Queen antics and shut your mouth and listen you might actually learn a few things.

your right how many other incidences of this goes on without ever being brought to light ...

Yeah like the reason why Saddam's troops were in Kuwait in the first place. Murdering, Raping and Stealing everything that wasn't nailed down...

i don't even want to think about it but im sure its a very high number

Yup, an entire Army division caught out in the open with their loot which was STOLEN from Kuwait after their Raping, Murdering and Pillaging was done.

Invasion of Kuwait

In 1990, Iraq accused Kuwait of stealing Iraqi petroleum through slant drilling, although some Iraqi sources indicated Saddam Hussein’s decision to attack Kuwait was made only a few months before the actual invasion,[7] suggesting that the regime was under feelings of severe time pressure.[clarification needed] Some feel there were several reasons for the Iraqi move, including Iraq's inability to pay more than $80 billion that had been borrowed to finance the Iran-Iraq war and Kuwaiti overproduction of petroleum which kept revenues down for Iraq.[8] The invasion started on August 2, 1990, and within two days of intense combat, most of the Kuwaiti Armed Forces were either overrun by the Iraqi Republican Guard or escaped to neighboring Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. The state of Kuwait was annexed, and Hussein announced in a few days that it was the 19th province of Iraq.

But I guess you wouldn't know about that since as you said...

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Gotta find a way off this planet ....

i do not want to share this planet with these psychopaths with dillusional sense of patriotism and turning a blind eye to reality ..

Yeah a reality you didn't know anything about.

after reading the troops thread i've realised how much trouble we are in when it comes to reform .. some people are really so full of them selfs and how they justify support for such a killing machine ...

unacceptable

Reading is a great start.

Why don't you waddle your sorry oversized misinformed butt down to a library of your choice and actually crack open a real history book once and a while and find out what's really causing many of the worlds problems instead of just regurgitating what you've seen on Youtube.

edit on 10-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
First time I have seen/heard this information..

Thank you for bringing it our attention.

I'm sick!

Talk about proof that the media is in the pocket of the government!

This is more proof that what you are "fed" from the media is BULL Sh*T!

Sickens me!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Can you only imagine what this what have looked like live? This would have made Shock And Awe look like a fireworks show, especially with all those gas tanks going off and what not. But seriously imagine the amount of firepower and planes it would have taken to coordinate something of this magnitude.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hmmm I thought you was replying to my quote, dont worry. Still the vid is still worth posting up tbh.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
60 miles of highway? Look at the spread of the vehicles as well, so that rules out carpet bombing. I almost wonder if this was a nuke. Look at some of the bodies in the vehicles. Almost as if everything happened in a flash, like they didn't even have time to take cover from the shock. You know they would have seen what was going on up ahead and would have tried to flee, but the majority of the cars are mostly lined up. Sure some are moved from the bombing. This couldn't have been a series of airstrikes from fighter jets or bombers. 60 miles of highway? You know how many planes that would have taken? Then on top of that others would have flee'd. I seriously wouldn't doubt this was a one time strike with some sort of nuclear device or possible testing of a new weapon we don't know about yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm sure the 20,000 Kurds killed by Saddam are really torn up by all this.
Hey?
Where's that thread about the thousands gassed by Saddam? I mean, not that the chemical agent is a weapon of mass destruction or anything. . . . .

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Old news...

U.S. attacks against the Iraqi columns were actually conducted on two different roads: about 1,400-2,000 vehicles were hit or abandoned on the main Highway 80 north of Al Jahra (the "actual" Highway of Death) and another 400-700 on the much-less known road to Basra, the major military stronghold in southern Iraq.

On Highway 80, the U.S. Marine aircraft blocked the road with anti-tank mines, and then bombed the rear of a massive vehicle column of mostly Iraqi Regular Army forces, effectively boxing-in the Iraqi forces in an enormous traffic jam and leaving sitting targets for many further airstrikes. Over the next 10 hours, scores of Marine, Navy and Air Force pilots (many from USS Ranger (CV/CVA-61) aircraft carrier) attacked the convoy using a variety of ordnance. Some survivors of the air attacks were later engaged by arriving coalition ground units, while the vehicles that managed to evade the traffic jam and continued to drive on the road north were often targeted individually. One portion of the road at the bottle-neck near the Mutla Ridge police station has been reduced to a long uninterrupted line of more than 300 stuck and abandoned vehicles; this point is sometimes called the Mile of Death. The wreckage found on the highway consisted of a relatively few military vehicles (including at least 28 tanks and other armored vehicles) and many more commandeered civilian vehicles such as cars and buses; many of these vehicles were filled with stolen Kuwaiti property.

According to the Foreign Policy Research Institute, however, "appearances were deceiving":

Postwar studies found that most of the wrecks on the Basra roadway had been abandoned by Iraqis before being strafed and that actual enemy casualties were low.
edit on 10-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I learned something today...

If you get bombed and survive, RUN LIKE HELL!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Hmmm I thought you was replying to my quote, dont worry. Still the vid is still worth posting up tbh.

I see you have edited your opening piece and toned down the rhetoric a bit to reflect the information provided buy some more knowledgeable members.

Interesting....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Editing like that should be stopped on here......let the world truly know how ignorant you are. I guess the I hate America threads are being looked at now and temporarily locked, so ya had to start another one? Never ending with some of these guys, don't worry though, with crap threads like this it'll be a progressive star and flag fest for ya, cause that's what it has to be, it sure as hell isn't about the truth. Grow up. Bad things happen in war and yes the media spins things for ratings.........panders to the left as it were.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

One more little thing he should edit... is the real name for this action was Battle of Rumaila
and there was and an inquiry Read about that here

Sorry OP were not ragging on ya... This happens to be one of "Those" stories because one reporter (Seymour Hersh) needed a story and he turns... this battle ... into a media circus... all for ratings...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hmm... What I edited I felt was unnecessary after realising you were not responding to my OP. I edit the majority of my post on here so I'm not sure what is being considered rhetoric? What I said I still stand by if it matters that much though I don’t know what bit there is problem a with.

As for the person saying to grow up? Wow I simply posted a video I thought to be genuine. I do not care one bit about stars and if I did I would have put more into the OP then a short paragraph and a video.

Anyway if the the video is incorrect then apologies.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
A friend of mine was one of the solders who's job it was to walk that road and look for survivors.

According to what he told me, anyone left alive in all of that wreckage was terminated on sight.

War is hell.

I would really like to know which unit your friend was in. I know first hand which unit worked cleanup on this. So many "oh I know a friend that did this and they did these evil things" are on sft with no back up to the story. Im throwing a BS flag on that comment. No need to lie to get people on your side of the argument.

This couldn't have been a series of airstrikes from fighter jets or bombers. 60 miles of highway? You know how many planes that would have taken? Then on top of that others would have flee'd. I seriously wouldn't doubt this was a one time strike with some sort of nuclear device or possible testing of a new weapon we don't know about yet.

Nope a squadron of A-10 gun runs with 30mm gattling guns is all thats needed for this. Throw in some Apaches and various other aircraft in the coalition, and no nuke or secret weapon needed.
edit on 10-8-2011 by cavscout11cav because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Seriously?. Ok this was an army that just tried to destroy kuwait. They killed their way into kuwait and ran like the pussies they were. These were legitamate military targets. You say an experimental weapon? A nuke? I dont know of any nukes that can bedirected in one way (a straight line) Carpet bombing maybe but some experimental weapon that we dont know about yet. That is ridiculous. This was a mix of good old american firepower. This army was on its way back from causing harm to women and children. As with all coward militaries They used civilian clothing to blend in and that is why you think you are seeing civilians. We put on uniforms and let you know who you are fighting. Basically what the OP is saying is that it is OK for them to invade a country and take what they want when they are finished lets just let them leave peacefully with all their lot and allow them to live after what they did to the women and children of Kuwait. Saddams army were savages. We definatly did the right thing by destroying most of it on that road.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

One more little thing he should edit... is the real name for this action was Battle of Rumaila
and there was and an inquiry Read about that here

Sorry OP were not ragging on ya... This happens to be one of "Those" stories because one reporter (Seymour Hersh) needed a story and he turns... this battle ... into a media circus... all for ratings...

Thanks for pointing out the info by the way
. I did not create the video so I cannot edit the YouTube name though and I'm out of edits anyway otherwise I would put a message in my OP saying the video is not as very accurate. Next time though I will do a bit of research before going with a story like this, I must admit I don’t hesitate to criticise any military or authorities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join