It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Bank Stocks Offer a Too-Big-to-Fail Wakeup Call!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Last warning before the Autumn 2011 shock, when $15 trillion of financial assets go up in smoke .

We never did leave 2008 behind us, did we? And as Marge and you were commenting above,
the money that leaves the U.S. has gone for naught also.

Leap 2020 sums it up nicely.

We estimated in 2009 that the world had about 30 trillion USD in ghost assets

Almost half went up in smoke in the six months between September 2008 and March 2009.

For our team, it's now the other half’s turn, the 15 trillion USD of ghost assets remaining, purely and simply vanishing between July 2011 and January 2012… www.leap2020.eu...

edit on 10-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Last warning before the Autumn 2011 shock, when $15 trillion of financial assets go up in smoke .

We never did leave 2008 behind us, did we? And as Marge and you were commenting above,
the money that leaves the U.S. has gone for naught also.

Leap 2020 sums it up nicely.

We estimated in 2009 that the world had about 30 trillion USD in ghost assets]/b]

Almost half went up in smoke in the six months between September 2008 and March 2009.

For our team, it's now the other half’s turn, the 15 trillion USD of ghost assets remaining, purely and simply vanishing between July 2011 and January 2012… www.leap2020.eu...

edit on 10-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Yes, and those 400, 500, 600 loss of points in the DOW was about 2.3 TRILLION dollars lost in about a week or so. Do you think we will see another Lehman Brothers type failure? I do but not quite sure which will go under the Banks, Freddy and Fannie, AIG, etc. These new banking regulations leave much to be desired. This is our money and gets somewhat complicated.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yep. 2.3 trillion *poof*

Just as one example the California Public Employees Retirement Fund lost billions in
one day.

Of course, whoever manages them should be following the example of Goldman shorts.

Its a giant mess, and its only the really big international banks that stand to make out big.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ah, we should immediately raise taxes 200% in all categories, print $10 TRILLION and bail them all out.

See how easy that is?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yep. 2.3 trillion *poof*

Just as one example the California Public Employees Retirement Fund lost billions in
one day.

Of course, whoever manages them should be following the example of Goldman shorts.

Its a giant mess, and its only the really big international banks that stand to make out big.

Anyone with a 401K must have an iron gut these days. I was shocked to hear that Europe is now considering the "Bad Bank" idea that we once considered. It would only work if the broke the too big to fail banks in to smaller units and allowed the toxic parts to fail on their own.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well you know that is what the Super Congress is going to draft up, right?

Legislation to raise taxes!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Ah, we should immediately raise taxes 200% in all categories, print $10 TRILLION and bail them all out.

See how easy that is?

Somewhere in that comment I see HYPERINFLATION, that's a scary thought!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
It would only work if the broke the too big to fail banks in to smaller units and allowed the toxic parts to fail on their own.

Yes, otherwise its really nothing more than repackaging all of those bad debts,
like AIG ...look at that. And Lehman...they picked out two and let them fail.

Then they turn around and resell the debt. Like this: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Its a dangerous game they are playing, at the taxpayers expense.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I cant believe that AIG is suing Bank Of America. Neither of them deserve that money but if AIG wins they better pay back the bailout money. I see no basis in fact here, a frivolous suit is all.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have a question maybe someone could help me with,
and forgive me my ignorance.
When say a trillion dollars is lost in the market.
Where does it go.
Is it just a inflated value that vanishes or does someone walk away with it.
Could a government with insider knowledge trade behind the scenes siphon this money off to help with a debt problem?
See where i'm going here?
Anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Too big and need to fail?

Anyway, they are all living on borrowed time (and money), has to happen sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And we should be suing AIG for stealing billions from tax payer so their CEOs can get stress therapies in California and outrageous bonuses, all with government approval because they are supposedly backed by the tax payer.

The never pay back anything, now the private too big to fail pay their dues.

Those dirty corrupted rats in AIG are nothing but thieves along with the government we have.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shtf2012
I have a question maybe someone could help me with,
and forgive me my ignorance.
When say a trillion dollars is lost in the market.
Where does it go.
Is it just a inflated value that vanishes or does someone walk away with it.
Could a government with insider knowledge trade behind the scenes siphon this money off to help with a debt problem?
See where i'm going here?
Anyone?

It depends on how you look at it. The smart money trading hands usually switches from stocks to Treasuries and Gold, as we've seen gold now worth more than platinum some in Mutual funds (safe ones). That inflated trillion dollars you talk about is real money trading hands. Many are simply going back to cash though in times of global unrest in the markets.

Markets can be manipulated but I wouldnt think they would take it out but I'd often wondered if they had pumped some in to avoid a collapse.

Short sellers grouping together can bring down a company, especially the naked short sellers. The SEC needs to monitor that better.

On the other hand you can look at it as paper that goes up and down and will eventually go back up. Times have changed and the VIX (Volatility index) that measures fear was up past 50 recently. Our global governments may have a plan in the works to rearrange our global fiscal problems. One that I'm opposed to.

It also depends on which part of the government you are talking about. Congress doesnt seem to care about Wall ST. It is interesting to see WHO is holding the Big money though there is usually a paper trail, with many special interests that arent in our best interest, if that makes any sense?
edit on 10-8-2011 by wonderworld because: edit to add shorting

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And we should be suing AIG for stealing billions from tax payer so their CEOs can get stress therapies in California and outrageous bonuses, all with government approval because they are supposedly backed by the tax payer.

The never pay back anything, now the private too big to fail pay their dues.

Those dirty corrupted rats in AIG are nothing but thieves along with the government we have.

You are right and lets not foget we paid for their Golden parachutes, as well. Hank Paulson is still in hiding over that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yes it is funny how we don't hear anything out of the old regime.
Now if the new regime would take note and shut up also.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Yep. 2.3 trillion *poof*

one day.

Anyone with a 401K must have an iron gut these days. I was shocked to hear that Europe is now considering the "Bad Bank" idea that we once considered. It would only work if the broke the too big to fail banks in to smaller units and allowed the toxic parts to fail on their own.

Europe is now considering the 'Bad Bank' idea!!?? Wow because Ireland was such a shining example of that idea and look at us now ....

NAMA - Ireland's 'Bad Bank'

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well you know that is what the Super Congress is going to draft up, right?

Legislation to raise taxes!

Yeah lets give them even more kindling for the fire pit!(AND "VOOP!" ITS GONE)

edit on 10-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

i think the 'too big to fail' meme doesn't hold water. look at the Titanic. things made by the hands of man are frail and temporary. nothing lasts forever, not even a Volvo.

on the plus side, most people don't have bank stocks. it takes excess income to have investment holdings.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I also see it in much the same way, as I see it all the little guys who kept their heads turned and mouths shut during the first big bailouts are now reaping their rewards before the house of cards falls...

Anyway you look at it the little guy is going to get hurt.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Bring it all down, the banks the Fed, the IMF, the lot. Nothing is going to change until a revolution has been fought and won. Usury(interest) is the cause of all this crap, banks legally being permitted to lend money they dont even have and then charge interest on it(this should be a crime, instead it's backed by the government), and the crimes of the zionist Federal Reserve and IMF go on and on, people have been sleeping for too long. Reminds me of history when the jews were thrown out of England for 300 years for raping the economy with their forbidden usury. Do the christians even know that interest is forbidden to them(I know the muslims sure do), yet the christians(and co) sit in America supporting zionism with every last breathe including paying them usury while the jewish zionists pad their wallets and work out more ways to rape the American economy silly. Bring it all down, the quicker the better.

On a side note, isnt it funny how when a bank closes that they can sell your mortgage and you still have to pay it back, but they only guarantee a certain amount of your deposits. It HAS to come down, the whole ****ing lot
edit on 11-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join