It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Job Approval 50% or Higher in 16 States and D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Source

Residents of 16 states and the District of Columbia gave President Obama approval ratings of 50% or higher during the first half of 2011, led by the District of Columbia, Connecticut, Maryland, and Delaware. Idaho residents had the least positive appraisal of his performance, with 27% approving.

Top 10 Net Positive Approvals:

+69% District of Columbia
+26% Connecticut
+25% Maryland
+24% Delaware
+24% Hawaii
+23% New York
+21% Massachusetts
+19% Vermont
+16% Illinois
+16% California

Top 10 Net Negative Approvals:

-36% Idaho
-30% Wyoming
-28% Utah
-26% Oklahoma
-25% West Virginia
-24% Arkansas
-19% Montana
-18% Kentucky
-15% North Dakota
-15% Kansas

Here is the 2010 poll results so that you can compare the results of both.

What this clearly shows is that Obama is strengthening in traditional Democratic states while holding strong in the Atlantic states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. In my opinion if this poll is indicative of how 2012 could play out Obama would obviously have a strong base of power in the Bos-Wash Megalopolis which would easily give him MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, MD, DC, and have a good showing in VA. The traditionally Liberal states on the West coast are losing support for him but would still be expected to be states in his pocket come 2012. Rust Belt states seem to be the ones where the real competition for 2012 will be, if there is a candidate like Mitt Romney in the race (Ron Paul is hard to predict because he has a different base of support).

From what I have been reading Obama is performing very well in polling across the Atlantic South and pretty bad in the Rust Belt. What this indicates is that the political geography is shifting, Democrats will be gaining power from Florida to Virginia and Republicans will be gaining from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Some people approve of misery being spread equally among citizens.

Kind of sick, but true. How else can this be explained?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

16 out of 51 isn't all that good is it? Unless one of them is Florida of course......

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hmmmmm, i wonder if they rigged the system? , no they would not do anything like this in such a free society would they?

I also wonder if his minions dont want to break the bad news to him, he may burst into tears or have a hissy fit and go mental and have to be sectioned, now there's an idea!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I wonder what it would be here now, if we added in the deaths of Seal Team 6 and the economy. This report just covers the first 6 months of the year, not the present date.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am just astounded that ANYONE approves of this criminal trainwreck in progress. Why is his approval not ZERO? Who are the dipsy doodles who approve of what's going on?

I am dumbfounded.

new topics

top topics

join