It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul voted to not protect children from harm

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What about preventing pedophiles from going to foreign countries to abuse kids?

This is the second line in this post.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I completely agree with Ron Paul. Thanks for the post.

What he's opposing is making the alert system a federally regulated program. Each state has an Amber alert in it's own personalized respect that fits their needs. And it's really effective.
Ron Paul IS NOT VOTING TO PREVENT SAFETY FOR CHILDREN, you dolts.

What the fed. govt should do is just make stricter punishments for child abusers. I'm good with giving them the death sentence.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Another failed attempt to paint Ron Paul in a negative light.

Yea, if you want the government to fail at another large project they promise to us like war on terror and war on drugs.

I guess you could say Ron Paul wants America to die from drugs because he wants to end the war on drugs.

Complete and utter fail by the OP.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to deal with people like the OP. But... I would like to just point out:

Our current child (ages 0-17) population in the USA is 75.6 Millon

and the average number of 'reported' missing children under the age of 18 is 797,500.

Do a little math : 797,500/75,600,000= 0.0105489418

So about 1% of children are being abducted. Please go to the link to see the other statics.

I am by no means saying that those 1% are not important. Of course they are!

I'm just pointing out (what MANY others have) that with all the other 'add-ons' the bill looks very much like something that was put out to hide something else.

They (TPTB) know that people like the OP exist and will not be skewed. Perfect. It's like hiding medicine in your doggies' food. Except... THIS isn't helpful.

If you (any of you) freak out and think about this (or anything negative... or positive
) all the time... well, it's-a-gonna-happen.

Also- the statics point out that you (the OP) threatening people with hypotheticals about their children being kidknapped just doesn't work. The numbers aren't big enough. Sure it happens. But planes also crash in the sky- just not very often.

Try to think happy thoughts. Seriously. Bad only happens when you want it to. Or talk about it constantly so the Universe has no idea you DON'T want it- so it gives it to ya anyway.

Wondering if the thread will be closed now that I can push reply....

Good day to you all.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

You can have a bill that would solve all the problems, but one line reads "and blacks are slaves again".

You must vote it down.

Bills are like that. No matter how perfect, just one line bad, it must all burn.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is probably the best candidate I can think of, although I don't agree with his position on abolishing public schools. If I was given a choice of him or Obama, I would vote for him.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. There is a system designed to coordinate state and local resources in regard to missing kids. It's working, it's cost effective and efficient at mobilizing law enforcement on the ground.

The Federal government attempts to usurp and change the program, most likely at much greater cost with unproven effectiveness. Ron Paul seeing the usurped system as something not authorized by the constituitional mandate of the Federal government and having serious and legitimate questions about changing something that is already working to protect kids, votes against the legislation.... and you interpret this as being anti kid safety?

You need to put down the Cool Aid and work instead on understanding the limits and effectiveness of Federal intervention. Then come back when you're ready and we can revisit the issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

oh hi they i noticed your atacking ron paul.. Again! And something very intresting most of your OP's are started on the 8th of the month hmmm you are sneaky sneaky.
On topic now i belive ron paul dose not want to give evan more power to an already growing out of control police state.
Post on playa...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Guess what? Looks like we found another paid troll. Gotta love the constitution iconography, so patriotic, so hard to argue with. Gimme a friggin break.

What's next? Ron Paul went number 2 in his depends?

Hey Mods, how many aliases are we allowed to have from the exact same IP address? 5, 6? Let me guess the response "they could be 5 members from the same family" or "an entire college dorm could be on o e wireless modem"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
reply to post by kro32

Guess what? Looks like we found another paid troll. Gotta love the constitution iconography, so patriotic, so hard to argue with. Gimme a friggin break.

What's next? Ron Paul went number 2 in his depends?

Hey Mods, how many aliases are we allowed to have from the exact same IP address? 5, 6? Let me guess the response "they could be 5 members from the same family" or "an entire college dorm could be on o e wireless modem"

I wonder how many times paid shills have scripted arguments with themselves on forums just like this everyday? It's bad enough that Ron Paul is banned from 99% of cable news coverage. Morning Schmoe hasn't mentioned him for weeks.

Now we must wade through crap like the OP. Good news is we are getting much better at knowing propaganda when we smell it m

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
lol this must be part of that Black out thing huh?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm done with you! You have defeated several of your own arguments with your circuitous logic. I'll give you one last chance to demonstrate even a crusory understanding of the Constitution. WHERE does it state that people have a right to nationwide Amber Alert system? I've read and studied the document for decades and I fail to see where it states that.

Now, with repect to the Ninth Ammemendment, I'll make one last attempt to help you here as well. What this means in simple english is that THE PEOPLE retain rights that are NOT mentioned in the Constitution. The rights they are referring to are PERSONAL rights. DUH!!! The remainder of the document spells out exactly what the federal government can do. If it is not in that document, the federal government has no jurisdiction over it, the states do.

Why are you having such a hard time grasping these very simple and basic concepts? Are you the product of public education? If so that may explain it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
another example of the media twisting Pauls words

ron paul said (paraphrasing) "the voters of this coutry have a right to be mad about the debt, but they also have to look at themselves as they are the ones who voted in the leaders who made the decisions"

CNN headline (actual headline) "Ron Paul blames debt on Voters"

lol

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Of course, only you, and people who think like you, understand the U.S. constitution. Maybe next year when you study the constitution in 8th grade you will understand.

Exactly what is the difference between a personal right, and an individual right, and just a plain ole ordinary right? Being as it seems you are making up this nonsense, you can only answer that question.

The U.S. constitution is amendable, a living document, that allows the people to identify and make known additional rights that they identify. That is what the 9th amendment means kiddo.

What else can we expect from a RP supporter.

edit on 12-8-2011 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If RP had a reasonable objection to the bill, he should have gave it, so all these posters, who made statements about how he had other objections, should be asking themselves why RP didn't give a reasonable objection, instead of the same ole Mises rhetoric.

You think RP isn't as crooked at the other pol's, you are only drinking the coolaid.

The U.S. government is the only institution out there, were the people of the U.S. have any say at all, and if you take the time to get involved in the process, you will find that you have considerable say.

The U.S. government is the only institution that protects your rights people, so why do you support politicians whose goal is to destroy the U.S. government, and who continuously work to help those who intend to drown our government, that protects our rights, in the bath water.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Once again on a thread like this,

The OP has "disappeared" from the thread and hasnt replied.

This is getting old,why isnt this kind of behaviour being stopped?

Thats what i would like to know,mods?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Ron Paul is probably the best candidate I can think of, although I don't agree with his position on abolishing public schools. If I was given a choice of him or Obama, I would vote for him.

Ron Paul does not advocate abolishing pubic schools?

That is completely incorrect.

Close Dept. of Education, but don’t dismantle public schools

Ron Paul on Education

Q: You said you want to abolish the public school system.
A: We elected conservatives to get rid of the Department of Education. We used to campaign on that. And what did we do? We doubled the size. I want to reverse that trend.
Q: What about public schools? Are you still for dismantling them?
A: No, I’m not. It’s not in my platform.

He was misquoted on the abolishing public schools remark.

On November 14, 2008 Ron Paul said in a New York Times interview:

Finally, I think that the smallest level of government possible best performs education. Teachers, parents, and local community leaders should be making decisions about exactly how our children should be taught, not Washington bureaucrats.

The Department of Education has given us No Child Left Behind, massive unfunded mandates, indoctrination, and in come cases, forced medication of our children with psychotropic drugs. We should get rid of all of that and get those choices back in the hands of the people.”

www.ronpaul.com...

edit on 12-8-2011 by robyn because: add url

edit on 12-8-2011 by robyn because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for bringing this to our attention....

Seriously?

Do you have poor reading comprehension skills or do you just selectively read? Not trying to be mean, I am curious.

The title of your post assumes that federal control of the amber alert system is a good thing.

Ron Paul doesn't agree, he seems to think that the States are doing a good job taking care of their needs in regard to the Amber Alert. I assume, Ron Paul would think federal control would make the system worse. So in Ron Pauls mind, he voted to protect children, in your mind ( I assume?) you think the opposite.

So you should really be saying "Is Federal Control of the Amber Alert system a good thing? Ron Paul doesn't think so.".

Instead you say "Ron Paul voted to not protect children from harm"

demagoguery = to treat or manipulate (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.

This, my friend is just plan and simple demagoguery.

Reading a few of your posts, I don't expect to get through to you though. Apparently this is what you do for fun.
It is funny how some people get their kicks.

edit on 13-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Wow, what an asshole

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Absolutely disgusting attack on Ron Paul, you are obviously not in support of the constitution, you are an enemy of America!!!

You should remove that pic from your avatar right now.
edit on 13-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join