It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul voted to not protect children from harm

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this thread was ridiculous from the original post. How far does one have to twist the truth before its unacceptable around here? The OP is blatantly misleading.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Well must children too be part of free market thinking???? The man has gone too far now. It is easy to say "No" Even a parrot can be talk to say "No". We are beginning to see the Tea Partiers in all their glorious bankruptcy now!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Long time lurker here. I just had to sign up to post this because I found it hilarious.

The irony is palpable. The debates are coming up tonight so expect the tubes to be flooded with anti-Paul propaganda. Stay alert guys.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
reply to post by kro32

I don't much care for RP, but he did the right thing in this case. There are several flaws in that bill, not the least of which being that it would criminalize some anime! I hate pedophiles as much as the next guy, but I don't want to be arrested for watching me some Evangelion....

Just curious....what don't you care for? I hear a lot of support for Ron. I guess I haven't heard enough about what some people don't like about the man/message.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Maxmars

He admitted to this being a troll thread in response to me saying it couldn't be much more obvious unless he titled it "Ron Paul Tortures Babies":

Here is the post by kro32

Lol there was a thread earlier with some guy asking how to make a popular post so I thought I would show him how it's done Not hard when you understand the audience your addressing

edit on 11-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul is just another lying crooked politician, and you people who refuse to see the truth are just desperate for some messiah.

It only makes sense to create a federal program to coordinate Amber alerts between states, because these people kidnapping children are going to cross state boundaries when ever it is convenient. This is one of the main purposes of the federal government, which is to deal with issues that cross state and federal boundaries.

As far as the U.S. Constitution goes, how did you people ever pass 8th grade, where you were supposed to pass a test on the constitution. The U.S. federal government clearly has a role in looking after the welfare of the people.

Preamble of the U.S. constitution laying out the purpose of the U.S. Federal Government.

constitutionus.com...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

A nation wide Amber alert system clearly falls under domestic tranquility, common defense, and promotion of general welfare. This is exactly what the U.S. federal government is supposed to do, and that Ron Paul doesn't know this, shows he is incompetent, and shouldn't even be in congress.

And by the way, lets not forget the Ninth Amendment.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

People like Ron Paul want to ignore the ninth amendment, and pretend that the U.S. fed gov does not have the right to protect the liberty of the people, because of enumeration of the constitution. In other words, Ron Paul wants to claim corporations have the right to deny people their rights.

Ron Paul is just another student of the Mises school of communism, looking to sell the U.S. to the ICs, and strip the people of their rights, not only to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but to possession of wealth and property as well.

edit on 11-8-2011 by poet1b because: forgot to add link to U.S. Constitution.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by kro32

Well must children too be part of free market thinking???? The man has gone too far now. It is easy to say "No" Even a parrot can be talk to say "No". We are beginning to see the Tea Partiers in all their glorious bankruptcy now!

Seeing as how you have committed a grand non-sequitur, your future posts should be highly scrutinized. You are apparently lacking the faculties of logic to understand how false your premise is. Did you read through the thread? I think not!
Just another obot hater trolling the forums.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Exactly the reason "Political Madness" forum was created.

At least this thread points out something worth pointing out to people, which is that Ron Paul is a nutty extremist.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Ron Paul is just another lying crooked politician, and you people who refuse to see the truth are just desperate for some messiah.

It only makes sense to create a federal program to coordinate Amber alerts between states, because these people kidnapping children are going to cross state boundaries when ever it is convenient. This is one of the main purposes of the federal government, which is to deal with issues that cross state and federal boundaries.

As far as the U.S. Constitution goes, how did you people ever pass 8th grade, where you were supposed to pass a test on the constitution. The U.S. federal government clearly has a role in looking after the welfare of the people.

Preamble of the U.S. constitution laying out the purpose of the U.S. Federal Government.

constitutionus.com...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

A nation wide Amber alert system clearly falls under domestic tranquility, common defense, and promotion of general welfare. This is exactly what the U.S. federal government is supposed to do, and that Ron Paul doesn't know this, shows he is incompetent, and shouldn't even be in congress.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

People like Ron Paul want to ignore the ninth amendment, and pretend that the U.S. fed gov does not have the right to protect the liberty of the people, because of enumeration of the constitution. In other words, Ron Paul wants to claim corporations have the right to deny people their rights.

Ron Paul is just another student of the Mises school of communism, looking to sell the U.S. to the ICs, and strip the people of their rights, not only to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but to possession of wealth and property as well.

Except the states already cooperate nationwide without the federal governments hand in it. As for Ron Paul being another lying politician prove it! Many have tried for teh last 30 years all have failed!

Ron Paul did vote to protect children and out liberties by voting against this BS bill this troll thread is using to try and smear him...

The OP admitted the thread is a troll I think the mods should shut it down!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

constitutionus.com...

There are so many false premises and misleading arguments in your post, it is difficult to figure out which dissembling to correct first.

I guess I'll start with your analysis of the Pre-amble. The word "PROMOTE" in the statement regarding general welfare does NOT mean "PROVIDE". When one promotes something, they create an environment where the event can occur on its own. So promoting the general welfare means creating an environment where general welfare can occur on its own. Instead, you are somehow reading it as a responsibility of the Federal Government to provide it. Quite a stretch!

Now let's get into your analysis of the 9th Ammendment, as you clearly have no comprehension of its meaning. It clearly means that those rights held by the people, not mentioned in the Constitution, doesn't mean that people no longer retain those rights. That's it, nothing more. So, your non-sequitur, slippery-slope analysis of Ron Paul's response to the 9th Ammendment is... well, worse than silly. It is completely misguided.

Before I shred your painfully juvenile conclusion, I'd like to inform you that states REGULARLY coordinate Amber Alerts. In fact, a number of states have their Amber Alert systems connected so that they can view alerts froom neighboring states in real-time. But you already knew that, right?

Ok, so let's look at your conclusion. How you arrived here from your previous dissembling and obfuscation is beyond me!
Rather than open a clinic for you, I'd rather just ask for you to back up your assertion with some actual evidence and facts that support such a bold claim. I'll be waiting, but won't be holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Have you bothered to look into how effective the cooperation between the states over Amber Alerts has been? Or did you just blindly defend RP?

I have read articles that such a federal coordination system is needed. More importantly, if that had been Ron Paul's reason for voting against this bill, then it might be a decent argument, but RPs reasoning is the same Mises line of communist BS.

The U.S.fed gov clearly has responsibilities in these areas, to deny such is just pure ignorance.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Have you bothered to look into how effective the cooperation between the states over Amber Alerts has been? Or did you just blindly defend RP?

I have read articles that such a federal coordination system is needed. More importantly, if that had been Ron Paul's reason for voting against this bill, then it might be a decent argument, but RPs reasoning is the same Mises line of communist BS.

The U.S.fed gov clearly has responsibilities in these areas, to deny such is just pure ignorance.

I have... And it is completely affective. If you've seen evidence to the contrary, by all means POST IT!!!

You have referred to a Mises/Paul connection serveral times. Repeating it over and over ad nauseum does not make it fact. Explain yourself, in cogent, well-though out detail with supporting evidence. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

The question is HAVE YOU bothered to look it up?

Dont be lazy the info is out there. The Amber Alert system works fine as is.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm feeling extra grouchy at the moment so I'll just say this....

If the federal government is making a case for 'needing' to do this, let them use the federally-funded existing law enforcement personnel that have multi-state jurisdiction, the FBI.......

What? "They've got more important things to do" than save children? Like eavesdropping on us, pretending to be 'disaffected citizens' to entrap and entice misguided people, play 'political gamesmanship' with crime statistics to bolster their budgets......

Enough with the idea that the federal government needs anything other than an enema.....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

No doubt, any logic or reasoning that comes from outside the narrow programmed version of the world you have been locked into doesn't make sense, but all you attempts at reinterpretation of the meaning of words is nothing but pure nonsense.

Promote includes providing services, look up the definition of the word. Nobody is claiming that promoting general welfare means guaranteeing general welfare as you try to claim. You are just repeating propaganda nonsense here.

As far as your attempt to re-interpret the 9th amendment, it clearly shows you care nothing for the rights of the people. The 9th amendment clearly means what it says it means.

As in this case, RP is trying to disparage the right of the people to have a nationally coordinated amber alert system, to protect their children.

You can not use the enumeration of the Constitution to construe or deny the rights of the people, and RP and his supporters try this nonsense all the time.

As far as federal government and the Amber Alerts system are concerned, fed gov assistance was called for by the early developers almost from the beginning. Try reading some history before shooting off your mouth.

amberalert.nv.gov...

Your propaganda has been shredded.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I concur and would like to add this: This thread is just an example of nitpicking when the OP doesn't have the facts. Or is highly misunderstanding the original article.

"Ron Paul voted to not protect children from harm"........This seed has been planted in the subconscious mind of the voter who isn't very familiar with Ron Paul's work if they don't bother reading the thread.

A common tactic used by a candidate's opponent to try to influence an otherwise uneducated and uninformed voting population.

edit on 11-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here are some statistics

AMBER Plan Statistics
Successful Recoveries 540
Total Plans Nationwide 120
Statewide 53
Regional 29
Local 38

www.amberalert.gov...

And the yearly reports:

I wish the stats were better.... but I hardly am inclined to expect that the federal government will improve them... since they never appear to improve anything they get involved in

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
@ OP: Did you even comprehend what RP said in regards to the issue ?

I have my doubts you did.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Actually, the OP admitted here the whole thing was an exercise in trollery. So, I don't think he really cares.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join