It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Complacent, Home of the Slaves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Or maybe when tens of thousands of Americans protest the MSM doesn't bother to even show them.
And when those same people get arrested, pepper sprayed and sometimes beaten repeatedly who can blame them for not protesting anymore?
Who here really has the guts to stand up to riot police in body armor with LRAD sound cannons caving in your ear drums?
People in the US have been protesting and suffering greatly in doing so.
I don't blame any person for not knowing about it when the media completely ignores it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

The only thing that will wake up America is a shortness of food, when food starts to get scarce in the stores thats when people will get up their butts and start complaining, after we are a nation that our main purpose is to eat to death.

Have the big fast food chains closed because lack of food and you will see riots in the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yeah, maybe you're right.
I guess no pain, no gain only applies when it has to do with the T.V. show "The Biggest Loser".

Or maybe you could suggest a peaceful way to display our outrage as I've tried to encourage.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You took the food, er, I mean, words right out of my mouth!

I was commenting on the show "The Biggest Loser" just as you were posting about food. Too funny, but I believe you may be right. I'm one of those types who gets an attitude problem when I'm hungry, so I suppose when the grocery shelves get scarce, people will have had enough and will show their outrage.
Good SHTF scenario, too.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Wonderful. Another "I've got it figured out and you are a slave for not organizing a protest" thread. Hey, buddy. I'm just fine thanks. I have a wonderful family and a very good life in comparison to other what I might have in other countries. I tell you what you should do. Stop telling me to do something about whatever it is I'm supposed to be so rebellious about and you go ahead and organize it all. Sorry, you appear to be so paranoid over your self-importance that you failed to identify where you actually live so I will assume you are not in America. If that's the case...I have no interest in your opinions. I'm in Fort Worth, Texas and I'm not scared to say it. How about you, tough guy?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Once again... let's put things in perspective.

In 1776, only 30% of American colonists wanted revolution and independence from England.

In 1860-61, most of the southern states did not want to seceede from the Union...and even after 7 states seceeded, the other southern states hesitated. According to the diaries, newspapers, and editorials of the times... a disproportionate number of southerners did not want war nor independence from the US.

As late as 1863-64...North Carolina almost broke out in civil strife as loyalties to the US were overwhelming.

In 1917 and again in 1940-41...the US hesitated taking sides and getting involved in a war.

Point is...Americans generally as a whole do not like violence and civil strife in any form. As previously pointed out, only after things get so bad will Americans protest on a mass level.

Protests against the Civil War, marches for Populists Programs during the Great Depression, protests against the Viet Nam War, for Civil Rights, are all good examples of how Americans have protested against a shocking and divisive injustice.

One of the things that makes Americans unique is that we tend to show our anger, anxiety, indignation in progressive waves...First, we call and write our legislators, or go to local rallies, and send letters to the editor.

Next, we start organizing rallies, we posts posters and bumper stickers and make a point to get out the votes.... after all, that is what a democratic republic does and that is what we are. I believe this is where we are now.

Next, and this is what the OP is wondering about....we have mass protests and they may become violent. Civil disobedience.

As the government/ civil authorities try to respond and implement restrictions and curfews...the impression of the populace is one of tyrrany and oppression and unjust persecution.

This leads to outright violent protests and armed uprisings at a local level... unintended confrontations that stir the pot a bit too much and really cause things to unexpectedly sprial out of control.

To the OP.... hope and pray that things never reach the level here that you are talking about. There are numerous restrictions in Europe that control the use and availabilty of firearms. Not so here in the USA. Instead of molotov cocktails and rocks and baseball bats....

Here in NC or Texas or Nebraska or Virginia or Montana or Georgia.... it will be a disgruntled citizenry armed with AK 47s, AR 15s, Ruger Mini 14s, Mossberg Shotguns, P 85s, Colt45s, and so on.... and we also have veterans of Viet Nam, the Gulf Wars, Afghanistan, Grenada, Panama, etc that are equally disgruntled and disturbed by the direction this country has taken.

Then throw in the real wackos...the armed fringe militia sort...that have illegal weapons and weapon systems... and they do exist....you have the possibilty of the USA looking like Bosnia.

I think most Americans realize that, and that is why they are so hesitant to start down that path.

As bad as things are, they will have to get worse before we take to the streets.

By the way, How old are you? Where do you live? Here in NC, most of the people...myself included that are beset by hard times are working extra, doing all sorts of odd jobs, supporting their families and farms the best we can...and things are tough...but we seem to be doing OK.

Most of the people that I know or talk with that lost jobs are working where they can and starting up their own businesses.....I spent the morning cutting firewood to use and sell this winter. I have hogs that I am breeding to sell pigs next year.

For those that live in the suburbs and cities...they are doing landscaping, cutting grass, working several part time jobs....things are tough, but we all seem to be managing OK. In fact, I have had 2 people that work for me leave for better jobs in the last 6 months...and I was happy for them.

Frankly, I think if those that are so disgruntled... would work at education, skills developement, and trying to work at something...instead of protesting...they might find a solution to some of their problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When the cuts kick in, you will be sure to see the same scenes that are coming out of London in your cities. America is going to have austerity on the same level as the UK and Europe, you just don't like using the word "austerity". But it's coming and with it brings social unrest.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

To answer your questions, I'm a female in my mid thirties. I used to work in the education field until they started making cuts to that. Now, I work at home doing odd writing and editing jobs. I also do pet sitting. I live in a little snow bird town in Florida. I guess when you're surrounded by retirees who are too old to protest and probably don't care about the state they stay in for half of the year, this is what you get. I wish I was back up north, but it's hard finding the money to move and I'm in the middle of my own battle against the bank and winning, so it's hard to step away from a personal war I've spent much time and energy on. There are some days I just want to throw in the towel and say screw it, but that's not me. I'm glad things are better in NC and that people are pulling together to make things work. It's nice to hear.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by SirMike

Just kep your head down, keep your tunnel vision on your SELFISH needs. Way to be AMERICAN!!

I'll bet when the Patriots were beginning to take on Britain in the 1700's you would have been doing the same.. "just going to work, taking care of my family"

Or like the poor people in Germany who rather than stop, and smell the coffee, just "kept right on working"

baa--baaa-baaaa...

slave? maybe?

Well, if I am a "slave" I must be the only slave who doesnt have to go to massa and beg for for a slice of cheese when I get hungry.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Americans are watching and waiting for the right time and place to stand up. It is not the right time yet, although it is close at hand I think.

You don't give us enough credit.

Trust me, when America needs a revolution, one will start.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

"I reserve the right to think for myself & not just mumble some phony pseudo-patriotic words to prove my love for my country. Instead, I will show it with my actions: By voting & letting my voice be heard, by taking an interest in the problems around me then doing something to correct them and to not let corporations or multi-billionaires buy elections & unfairly influence legislation."

And if need be, to maintain this right I will fight tyrants till this old vet is bleeding out in the street.

edit on 10-8-2011 by whaaa because: code 76

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The biggest fear of the elected government officials is those who know the truth.

Not those who work for the government, but those who have been elected or appointed to positions that control how it runs.

There will come a time when the populace of this country,those who do not survive on hand outs from the government will simply take things in hand and take it all back and start all over.

I believe that at some point the youth of this country will get their heads out of their collective butts and realize they have been screwed by those in control.

I also believe that it will be a worldwide natural event such as a solar flare that will bring down a lot of the worlds governments because it will permanently wipe out all electrical grids and electronic devices.

We will all be back in the "dark"ages.

Some type of world wide natural event has occurred many times before.

It will happen again,sooner than most people realize.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The thing is we all know the mainstream media of Canada and the US doesn't tell the story, of course they censor a lot and lie a lot. I know I am giving a biased P.O.V. about this

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When we riot it will be a war zone and the citizens still have more guns than the military, most of them are unregistered because they are passed down from Grandpa, great grandpa.
A bullet from a 100 year old Enfield will kill you just as dead as a round from a military rifle.

The reason they shut down all air traffic during the LA riots was not the official story of (there were too many fires. What they didn't want to admit to the public was that the rioters had the weaponry to bring down large aircraft. There is more than just a few RPGs & LAWs out there in civilian hands.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Im in eastern NC, originally from east tn... I know the whole "things are OK" is self motivation... what about the quality of life? I for one can't imagine spending the rest of my life as a miserable slave barely eaking by splitting firewood. for a few bucks.. how pathetic and THIRD WORLD!!!!!

have you been so defeated and beaten down by the system that you are content with poverty??? seriously?? and after living in both knoxville and here Ill definately say that the people in eastern NC on avg are not exactly the most 'intellectual world travelers'.. or in another way... LIVE IN A FISH BOWL.. yeah today splitting wood is OK, but what kind of future does that provide, you aren't exactly gonna be able to retire off all the money you make doing that are you? and selling a few pigs? come on... can we say ...STONE AGE???

MAYBE if people left the fish bowl, they would understand how bad we are getting screwed!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Americans unlike the other countries you mentions have guns. When the s*** hit the fan in America it will get bloody.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Americans are watching and waiting for the right time and place to stand up. It is not the right time yet, although it is close at hand I think.

You don't give us enough credit.

Trust me, when America needs a revolution, one will start.

And that's when false flags come in. Then the gullible will all rush to serve their country under the guise of "patriotism". Revolt over.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Wonderful. Another "I've got it figured out and you are a slave for not organizing a protest" thread. Hey, buddy. I'm just fine thanks. I have a wonderful family and a very good life in comparison to other what I might have in other countries. I tell you what you should do. Stop telling me to do something about whatever it is I'm supposed to be so rebellious about and you go ahead and organize it all. Sorry, you appear to be so paranoid over your self-importance that you failed to identify where you actually live so I will assume you are not in America. If that's the case...I have no interest in your opinions. I'm in Fort Worth, Texas and I'm not scared to say it. How about you, tough guy?

How much does Shilling for the United States government pay these days? Judging from your obvious agitation, it looks like you've taken a cut as well.

It is coming to the United States. People are already at the edge, there is no where else for many to go.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Mindzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindzi

Thanks for responding to his tirade. I was going to ask him where all his aggression was coming from if his life was going so smoothly, but I thought it best to ignore him and the personal insults he was slinging at me.

We all need to stick together. Even if all is well and good in your little bubble, it's going to burst sooner or later and reality will seep in.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Wow...you make some really good points, rebeldog.

The thing I always admired about Americans was/is that when they wanted to do something...they did it.

My mother and father always told me..."You can do anything you want, if you set your mind to it."

The point to capitalism is.... develope a product and find a market for your product and always do the best you can with your product.... be honest, be serving, and never brag about what you have.

Ok, rebeldog.... fair enough. The idea of selling pigs and firewood may seem "stone age", but they are two of several ventures I undertake to make money on my farm...sometimes I sell tomatoes, sometimes I sell goats...Kiko x Toggenbvurg dairy for a superior and hardy meat goat...much in demand, I also have a degree in Art and sell drawings and paintings.

These are in addition to helping to manage a local outlet of a national farm supply store.

When we are busy and in season, I usually work 6 days a week. The other 9 months a year, I take every other weekend off from my farm...which I bought and paid for with cash from investments I made....and then I go to the coast or IBX as we say "down east" in NC to our place on the Pamlico Sound...paid for that too with the "stone age" money from cutting wood and selling hogs and goats and tomatoes and backward ass country stuff like that.

Sometimes it's not what you do or how much you make...but what you do with it....

Some folks are content to sit in front of the TVor a computer, eat Doritos, and bitch about how little they have and how everything is someone elses fault, or how hard life is in America.

I see evreyday as an opportunity to live and enjoy being a successful American thriough hard work, faith, family, seeing opportunities where others see the "stone age", and then enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Some may consider such ideals as old fashioned or quaint or "stoneage"...fine, maybe I'll ride by and wave on my way to the Pamlico Sound for some blue crabs, shrimp, or a low country boil watching that magnificent southern sun set on God's corner of the world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join