It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Complacent, Home of the Slaves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Global unrest is spreading everywhere, but America.
People are taking to the streets to demonstrate their outrage over the economy except in America.

Here is a list of countries who are experiencing riots and public displays of outrage over the economy and their "leaders":

Great Britain - General Discontent & Police Aggression
Israel - Rise in the Cost of Living
Spain - Gov't. Austerity Programs, Unemployment, & Bad Economic Conditions
Greece - Gov't. Austerity Programs, Accepting Bail Out Money, & Bad Economic Conditions
Portugal - Gov't. Austerity Programs, Gov't. Spending Cuts, & Bad Economic Conditions
The Philippines - Demands for Higher Wages & Rising Fuel Costs
China - Inflation & Rising Fuel Costs
Syria - Protesting the Rule of President Bashar al-Assad

All America seems to do is watch T.V. and go about their monotonous lives. Yawn.
I guess that Fluoride is working! Just keep them entertained....

America is experiencing all the woes that these countries are protesting over. We have high fuel costs, a bad economy, low wages, gov't. spending cuts, inflation, gov't. austerity programs, rise in cost of living, police brutality, and would like to see most of our "leaders" and representatives thrown out, so why are we remaining complacent?

I just don't get it. What are we afraid of? Are we that lazy? Do we really believe that things will correct themselves?

What is your definition of a "TSHF" scenario? Everyone talks about this happening and what they'll do when it does, but isn't it happening now? Why aren't we becoming more active in the streets? I'm more than willing to partake in some protesting, but I'd look pretty silly out there all by my lonesome. Everyone I know is going about their daily lives as if nothing is wrong. All they seem to want to do is voice their worries and complain to their friends, neighbors, and relatives as if this is going to solve anything.

Folks, the fan is turning brown right now and we aren't doing anything except watching and commenting on it as though it's the latest blockbuster to hit the theaters. We're missing our chance to make some real change. We've written to our politicians and voiced our concerns on ATS, but that's all I'm seeing. Is this really as good as it's going to get? What happened to the people who weren't afraid to protest in the 1960s? Are they all just a bunch of yuppies now who have raised a bunch of push-overs?

Is anyone else wondering why American citizens are doing nothing?
What's your opinion of a SHTF scenario?
Are we really "all talk and no action"?

Link to article: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Doing nothing … speak for yourself. I wake up every morning and go to work and then I come home and take care of my family. Couple that with my free time going to my own startup and I have precious little time to agitate with my mouth open waiting for a handout.

What is protesting supposed to get you and what are you protesting for? People “in the streets” complaining about austerity would do better to go home and tend to their own flock and improve themselves but I suppose its easier to piss and moan that the government isn’t handing out enough free cheese.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
People will only protest when the dollar died, here watch this video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

hi
its the free cheese thats baited foreigners to come here
i dont mean to sound harsh
you have not a clue about what your talking about
regards
dave

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Of course you realize that it's a bit more complex than just free cheese. And Americans aren't complacent; they see the outsourced jobs while their unemployment runs out, the cost of living far exceeding wages for the bluecollar workers and even some professionals, the preferential treatment of the wealthy in the realm of taxes [think tax lawyers and accountants], the militarization and arrogance of Law enforcement,

Americans used to make steel; now we make happy meals. This isn't a coincidence...this was planned, social engineered by the real leaders of America; not the politicians.

Someday Americans will look across the fence into Mexico and it will look like the promised land. ironic eh!

Eventually there will be Americans in the street fighting the figures of authority but in the long run, it will bring on just more Fascist control and tyranny. There is really no alternative...just stfu and bend over!!!

Have a nice day

edit on 10-8-2011 by whaaa because: cd45

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Since WHEN is it cool to follow the CROWD? um just sayen......
I thought a leader walks and leads their own way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Can any one of you point out where I asked that people request a hand out? I find it so interesting that that's how you have interpreted my thread. Pathetic!

Yeah. I have no idea what I'm talking about. The majority of replies haven't even told me what their opinion is of a SHTF scenario. Follow the crowd mentality? Then, I guess I should just go about my daily life and pretend that nothing is wrong.

For those of you who have never seen George Orwell's Animal Farm, please watch and learn.

Please pay close attention to the scene where the animals are prepared to voice their concerns to the pigs. The pigs aren't stupid and roll out a T.V. Within half a second of the animals seeing the T.V., they forget what they're there for and start watching the screen.

Before anyone asks at what time in the video this starts, I'm not going to say. Just watch the movie. I'm not spoon feeding anyone.

Maybe I am on my own. Maybe I should just set up a chair and a T.V. in front of the City Hall of my sleepy little town, put zombie make up on, and pretend to watch the T.V. while drool drips out of my mouth.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Actually, its not really much more complicated than free cheese. Thanks for playing.

cj6

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Its like lambs to the slaughter man! Honestly i think Americans are tired and have excepted our inevitable demise as a society.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Not sayin you dont know what you are discussing or to carry on as if nothing is wrong. Just saying the world is seeming to be falling apart so why is it you seem to suggest that the Americanaz should follow. I am thinking if the Americanaz does fail then the dominos will begin to ripple effect so, dont know doesnt seem like it will be good for many..

edit on 8/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I'm thinking along the same lines. Just go with the flow and maybe we'll come out clean on the other side. Well, I haven't ever seen the inside of a sewer, but I've seen the inside of a septic tank. I hardly believe anyone would smell like roses after sitting there waiting for someone to pull them out.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
All I can say is this:
America is the supposed number one country in the world.
So when the top dog starts to collapse, you know the SHTF.

Nice viewpoint and I agree with your last post.

It is a shame, we don't all take arms and fight against what we have funded.
But if you look around and see what is taking place, it's all about the money.

With created wealth comes imaginary power.

We the people, have the power to change it all.
Just need to actually stop feeding the machine.

I guess Americans have a huge fear of losing what they've worked so hard for.
(now if they would only realize it's being taken from them regardless)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
[COLOR=CYAN]
K basically if its a global game being played against the general populace by what some call the elites FROM ALL NATIONS AND YES SOME EVEN HAVING UPRISES right now, then to behave like others is DOING EXACTLY WHAT IS EXPECTED AND PREDICTED. Somewhat like predictable population behavior. So in turn many uprising may infact be assisting a larger set up w/ o even noticing it TILL ITS TOO LATE

[/COLOR]

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That's one way of looking at it, but aren't we as Americans supposed to be more intelligent, creative, and inventive? You don't like how the other countries' citizens are displaying their anger and igniting change, then we should be able to come up with a more civilized plan of action.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I already made one suggestion with the chair and T.V. in front of City Hall. It's peaceful and gets the point across. Maybe even make up your own "newspapers" to hand out with information about the country's condition.

There must be a way to organize and make the wheels of change in America start moving again.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Americans have been brainwashed on a massive scale. The findings of mind control experiments have been applied to an entire society, and people have been conditioned to only believe what their government tells them. Often it takes a dramatic event to happen in order for people to wake up and see the lies, so most sheeple just walk around like zombies and have no chance of awakening. If the world is waiting for America to wake up and rebel, they are going to be waiting a long time. America will have to lose a World War before Americans see their government for what it really is, just like World War II and the Germans.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
first, animal farm is the perfect example of governments in general, but i like the book more than the movie.

americans are complacent indeed. so what is there to do about it? they all work all day, come home and watch tv or do whatever they have to do, but for americans there is no time to talk about important things going on in the world or even just going on in their heads. our mainstream media sources have just about perfected misinformation and suggestive material. why take the time to go into specifics when we all know the truth. even george bush himself knows the truth, somewhere deep down, so why argue? it's a very orwellian world we live in, everything is backwards, we are free to be slaves. we are told what we want, and how we want it. we have no self-knowledge or self-motivation. we do things because we have to do them, so much so that when we have time for ourselves all we want is to forget everything and fall into half-sleep half hypnosis by the time we get home. in public we can't speak our minds unless our minds are on course with the "mainstream" ideals.
yes, the fecal matter has hit the fan. it's been doing it for centuries. america was founded on the same lies, half-truths, and molding of public opinion that is a part of any government. the constitution itself was only written for rich, property owning, white, males. so where to go from here?
what people need to do is the easiest thing, yet the hardest thing. just let go.
corporations have this country by the balls, and how? because we buy their products. it's hard not to when it seems that's all there is that's available, but there's always alternatives.
the problem we have in america isn't quite that we're lazy, or ignorant. we're just afraid. afraid of what our friends and family might think if we all of the sudden care about the environment, buy organic, switch to hybrid vehicles, start protesting and what not. americans want to be the coolest kid on the block. the biggest, the baddest, and the best at everything. we've been made slaves to not the government, or the media, or the oil companies, but to civilization itself. to the mentality of the masses.
there's not enough communication between free-thinkers. no one wants to talk to someone they disagree with. there is no flag or jacket patch or armband that shows you are on the path to enlightenment, so how to they pick each other out of a crowd? how often do we jabber on with superficial nonsense and how often to we think about the real issues of not only our country, but all of humanity.
don't get discouraged with the way the world is, just remember that all knowledge and victory is ultimately of the self.
by the way, if you liked animal farm you'll love 1984 if you haven't read it already

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberrysalad

I agree with you that the book is better than the movie. I actually own three copies of the book and I own one movie with the statement that the rights to the movie are owned by the CIA. Most people don't know that when Orwell died, the CIA bought the rights to many of his works.

For those of you who want to peacefully protest, this is a great thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12002234#pid12002234

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Just kep your head down, keep your tunnel vision on your SELFISH needs. Way to be AMERICAN!!

I'll bet when the Patriots were beginning to take on Britain in the 1700's you would have been doing the same.. "just going to work, taking care of my family"

Or like the poor people in Germany who rather than stop, and smell the coffee, just "kept right on working"

baa--baaa-baaaa...

slave? maybe?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

There must be a way to organize and make the wheels of change in America start moving again.

Hmmm I see, there may be a plan in play as we type to cause the americanaz folx to upset related to a money crisis. this money crisis of some sort may make some mad then something else may occure to further push them like a terrorist attack. Now you got a population w/ money issues and a attack bringing forth potential lawlessness. which in turn causes many to rebel who once didnt. Once rebellion the next phase can occure and ROUND EM UP CAN BEGIN due to social rebellion (trap) LAND LOST CLEAN COLLECTION OF LAND RIOTS OVER LAND REQUIRES MINIMAL REBUILDING. Those who were threats in camps or prisons.

Positive way Americanaz can reach out to other nations in uprising mode collectivley share the deception upon general population ORGANIZE GLOBAL EFFORT OF SOME SORT global support.

Be well

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberrysalad

Another great post!

This is all true and quite shocking...
Because you can't explain this to anyone, yet it is remarkably accurate.

We keep corporations in business, which keeps our gov't in business...
In other words, Americans have bought and paid for their own demise.

Because we won't stop buying unnecessary items for a lap of luxury.
(most of which we will never accomplish)

Slave away America, for you know not what comes your way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join