It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Unrest Culminates in Violent Eruption: Big Pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Solar Unrest Culminates in Violent Eruption: Big Pic

news.discovery.com

Aug. 9, 2011 -- As London erupts with violence, Middle East unrest continues and the world's volatile stock markets careen out of control, the tumultuous sun keeps reminding us that no matter how chaotic things get on Earth, the massive ball of magnetized plasma will always dwarf terrestrial matters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is by far the most interesting news today.

I have personally been telling in multiple posts so far, that the sun is in a kind of silent period and may stay so for the next 30 years.

- That news is posted all over the Internet and has been out on ATS for some time.

So when I suddenly see the above I start wondering if we even understand what we are talking about.

news.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I guess we still have a lot to learn about our neighbors in the solar system

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I find things that impact our daily lives have far more interest than something happening out in space. Nice picture though.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

I hear all the time how the Sun is in a "quiet stage". Solar Cycle 24 does not seem quiet at all. We are constantly seeing flares and I read from many articles that it will peak next year and especially in 2013. News as to what is going on with the Sun is all over the board but I think one can see.....its active...??

ETA: Also...could the energy from the Flare and or CME not have a major effect on our energies? It seems as though it may.
edit on 10-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Hilltaker

I hear all the time how the Sun is in a "quiet stage". Solar Cycle 24 does not seem quiet at all. We are constantly seeing flares and I read from many articles that it will peak next year and especially in 2013. News as to what is going on with the Sun is all over the board but I think one can see.....its active...??

ETA: Also...could the energy from the Flare and or CME not have a major effect on our energies? It seems as though it may.
edit on 10-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

We will be okay until the magnetic poles flip on the sun.
They do that every 11 years.
Listen carefully when the female voice says - 20 times -.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

We can praise us lucky that this flare isnt directed directly to earth... No more computers no more nothing.

Yes this cycle isnt that silent.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker
reply to post by MamaJ

We can praise us lucky that this flare isnt directed directly to earth... No more computers no more nothing.

Yes this cycle isnt that silent.

I would say our Magnetosphere is weak as of right now. Do you agree?

Had that sucker been directed to Earth I think we would have seen some major disruptions!!!!!

From www.spaceweather.com

The CME will probably miss Earth. At this time, however, we cannot rule out a glancing blow from the flank of the cloud on August 11th or 12th.

What could result from the "blow" and also they say CME will PROBABLY MISS....

I guess we will wait and see if anything comes out of this X-Flare.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i have just watched a video before i logged on to here .

the video was titled KNOWING .

are we being subtly warned of a possible future event

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Can you link it..... I would love to watch the video and see what its all about.

Thanks..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

sorry i am what you would call a silver surfer , i am not able to put a link up but the dvd is called KNOWING and it stars nicolas cage .

i hope you can find it on the internet or at your video store because it is a good film to watch .

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

...... I start wondering if we even understand what we are talking about.

I find that it's usually safer to assume we don't

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I find things that impact our daily lives have far more interest than something happening out in space. Nice picture though.

Actually I made a thread about its effects here on Earth. Enjoy!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for posting OP I love this stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just made a thread related to solar flares that some folks might find interesting ... or, crazy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It talks about the potential for a relation between human activity and the Sun (and the environment, in general).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The irony in this case is also, all the other threads claiming absolutely zero solar activity and now this?

That is just hilarious how wrong we are when it comes to the big stuff like the sun and the universe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solar Update:Sunspot 1263 which was the source of the strongest solar flare of Cycle 24 thus far, has rotated onto the western limb and out of direct earth view. This leaves small sunspot 1266 as the only numbered region on the visible solar disk. Solar activity should decrease to very low levels within the next 12 hours. This will end the currrent streak of strong solar flares, proton events and Coronal Mass Ejections created by the likes of Sunspot 1260, 1261 and 1263 over the past couple of weeks.

edit on 11/8/11 by Hilltaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT

...... I start wondering if we even understand what we are talking about.

I find that it's usually safer to assume we don't

But isnt that sad?

Are we not all "working" together in order for us to learn more and gain knowledge of what is beyond?

I am pissed over that we are skipping space missions etc due to lack of funding. There is BILLIONS TRILLIONS of dollars covered up being hiden by people not able to get enough.

Everyone no matter how much cash they have should be forced to give 25 percent to developement and space exploring etc.

I dont really give a rats arshe if you have 10 DKK or 1000000000 DKK. We should all help in the common goal.

Perhaps if we spend enough on something we will suddenly discover that there is more important things than weapons and hungry people.

Just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

join