It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami broke off Manhattan-size bits of Antarctica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A NASA scientist and her colleagues have observed that the March 11 tsunami that devastated Japan broke off Manhattan-size icebergs from Antarctica, some 8,000 miles distant.

Ok, now I did some searching before I posted this and I haven’t been able to find ANY information on this topic. Why is this just now coming out? Almost 5 months later?? Is this a sly way to blame global warming or some other earth ending situation on Japan??

Tsunami broke off Manhattan-size bits of Antarctica

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
really? where is it headed

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

It doesnt give that information in the article.. I wish it did!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i heard it today on news but there was nothing about japan connection

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

It was obviously global warming! I bet there were several families of polar bears on that chunk of ice to!

How dare you make a logical argument for any other scenarios.

That was not a giant wave a water it was a heat wave!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
in our country in the news, they say it was caused by another iceberg crushing into it
absolutely nothing about tsunami or japan

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Already posted 2 days ago....

Abovetopsecret.com

Please use the search tab, this site is flooded with double and triple threads on the same subjects

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i am on the west coast of usa, in oregon, when that earthquake happened our city as well as many others got tsunami warnings we were all told to evacuate, so i packed up my car and got ready

and hour or two before it arrived we were being told Hawaii didnt really get anything so we were probably in the clear, but to be cautious and ready just in case,

so i parked my car on the beach facing the waves and recorded the ocean the moment it was said to hit us

nothing happened,

all day the ocean did not even come into the beach anywhere near how much it does during high tide.

so how then did the tsunami which couldnt reach america, cause devastation in Antarctica!

heres the video i recorded of the extremely (thankfully) uneventful tsunami arrival

www.youtube.com...

we where told the tsunami would hit us at about 7:30 am, the first half of this recording is at 8:00 am, and the second half is at 8:30 am.

i had sat there waiting with my camera from 6am, - 9 am.

edit on 8/10/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Already posted 2 days ago....

Abovetopsecret.com

Please use the search tab, this site is flooded with double and triple threads on the same subjects

i used to inform people about duplicate threads like you did, although i always included a link to the other threads when doing so, until one day i got hit with an offtopic post banner for it,

never did it again

guess that mod didnt like me doing their job for them, word of advice, leave it to the mods

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

While you are correct that the tsunami from Japan did not cause damage to the Northern Coast of Oregon, it did cause severe damage in Brookings, Oregon and Crescent City, California. In fact several people died when they were swept out to sea.

Tsunami Causes Severe Damage to Brookings

The large waves shook loose boats in that weren't moved in time and tore apart wooden docks in at least two California harbors. "This is just devastating. I never thought I'd see this again," said Ted Scott, a retired mill worker who lived in Crescent City when a 1964 tsunami killed 17 people on the West Coast, including 11 in his town. "I watched the docks bust apart. It buckled like a graham cracker.

Enea said the water receding from the harbor leaves boats stuck on the mud at the bottom of the harbor, and then when the surging tsunami waters racing back in, the boats are just dislodged from their mornings and overturned - "tossed about" and smashing into one another.

Link

Tsunami destroys Crescent City Harbor

So, I can see how it could have traveled to Anartica, as it was pretty large.
edit on 10-8-2011 by PacificBlue because: add to topic

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by Britx

It was obviously global warming! I bet there were several families of polar bears on that chunk of ice to!

How dare you make a logical argument for any other scenarios.

That was not a giant wave a water it was a heat wave!

The mentality of a global warmer.

You guys will believe anything.

Even that there are polar bears in ANTARCTICA.

As for the Japanese Tsunami breaking off ice sheets in the antarctic this same thing happened after the Indonesian Tsunami and was also blamed on global warming.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I was under the impression duplicate threads are ok, in seperate forums. You posted in Japan, I posted in Fragile Earth..

top topics

join