It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coments about police being too forceful in dealing with youths in Manchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
On Sky News they literally just showed a video of some policemen in riot gear hitting a 'youth' on a bike with their trunchens (sp?), apparently there was a group of youths racing around a corner on their bikes after looting - the presenter said there has been no comment from Manchester police about the tactics used yet -

Absolutely typical - the police use there powers to deal with some kids properly and they get this

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

hi op im not on sky news at the mo
did the kids have looted goods in their arms
or were they trying to just get away
il find out later i always do

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I usally wouldnt support police brutality but on such an occasion I think they need to be heavy handed. These kids are outta control

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Of course the police will get bashed any chance they get. They could do 1000 things right and do one wrong thing and they all are labeled terrorists or something. Just the way it is. People love to hate.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aussie_Rock
I usally wouldnt support police brutality but on such an occasion I think they need to be heavy handed. These kids are outta control
I'm in the same boat, normally I'd be one of the ones slagging off the police for being scummy scum scumlords. But this is a bit of a conflict of interests, because I'd love to see the looters, and those responsible for torching homes/businesses, and robbing people in the street get a good hard kicking.

Wharra quandry

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I couldn't see them with any items but they didn't seem to be running away from something if you see what I mean. Someone just sent Sky News a message saying they totally agree with the police methods used -

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Knock 'em out, they'll be easier to arrest. These rioters are scum, and ya don't play nice with scum. Arrest them, stack up the charges and put them away.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Id have preferred it if they just stuck a truncheon through his front wheel while he was cycling, now that would have been an instant way to get him to dismount.

Anyone out there deserves what they get now, its not as if you can be caught out there by accident after 4 days of rioting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They have not been hard enough. The feral scum should have the crap kicked out of them on a daily basis until they stop being entitlement, free-loading scum.

My taxes have helped this state of affairs with the welfare state allowing breeding of this scum to flourish.

Good too see my other taxes with the police battering this scum.

Just not hard enough.

These wankers need grinding to dust.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Bystanders and spectators have been told to stay away, so police can do there job.
If some innocent youth is getting some shield love, they diden't listen, and i see no problem with the minor force from police.

Watch this and tell me if police are over reacting, or trying to control.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The police are ''damned if they do, damned if they don't''.

People have been complaining about the police pussy-footing around, but one of the reasons they have to walk on eggshells is because of the ridiculous litigious culture which has exploded over the last couple of decades and the absurdly over-zealous judicial interpretations of human rights laws.

The problems with police brutality in the 1980s and before had given rise to a needed change in police accountability, and the level of force used by them. However, now it has slanted too far in the opposite direction, with the police unable to go about policing properly because they have their hands tied.

It does make you wonder why authorities and lawmakers can't bash their heads together and come up with a modicum of common sense legislation and procedure.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

How else are the police supposed to deal with these trouble makers, (if they were actually rioting for a legitimate cause and not just their own greed I'd be out there myself) who are hell bent on causing as much carnage as possible, I find it absolutely disgraceful that this is happening in my country and carried out by my generation. I say beat them like their mothers should have but couldn't for fear of being branded as bad parents in the eyes of this nanny state we live in, how you can be a bad parent for teaching your children about consequences I don't know. Anyway I'm gonna stop here as I can feel myself drifting off topic, but if these kids wanna smash peoples property and attack innocent people the least they deserve is a slap.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Police violence in the student protest? Shouldn't of happened to the extent of what they did.
Police violent in the G20? Disgusting. No other word for it.
Police violence in the 4 days of riots? Where has it been? Why is it the other riots they jumped to the chance, and now where it is needed and even called for by the public, it takes 4 days and many cities burned to the ground.

No one can complain about this, it is needed. 3 men have been killed in Aston because the police could not control the looters so the asian community had to step in. If the police used a bit of force like they should have done, they're lives may still be in existence.

I say its good that the police have finally stepped up to use the force that could help the situation, i just can't understand why it took so long.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In the words of DCI Gene Hunt: "Remember what I always say about police brutality ..... Lots of it."

But no, in all seriousness, this has gotten out of hand. You have to meet this with a certain about of force if you want to achieve anything, nothing else gets through to these people.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
These kids were warned not to be out on the streets, probably for this very reason. Leave the police to deal with the problem at hand and get off the streets, unless you are there to cause trouble, in which case, no one is going to have any sympathy if you get whacked by a copper. The police are doing a very difficult job, how are they to know who is and isn't looting/rioting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
no sympathy from me good job by the police

the prime minister told the police yesterday to take the gloves off . about time too

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Let's see if the message gets through to the kids doing the looting, see what happens tonight, gloves off

new topics

top topics

join