It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C/2010 X1 (Elenin) - Harbinger of Death or just passing by?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is a lot of argument about Comet C/2010 X1 Elenin, and whether or not it will have any effect on Earth.

Some believe that a fleet of alien space ships hide behind Elenin.

Others believe that it is a brown dwarf star.

Still others believe it is one of planet Nibiru's moons - or even the dreaded Nibiru itself.

Some believe it's an Extinction Level Event. Some would say it's a spiritual awakening, the dawning of a new age of consciousness.

Some, like myself, believe that it's exactly what NASA and other space programs, not to mention amateur astronomers around the world, say it is. A small comet with a large coma, that will pass close to Earth but not so close that it will have any negative effect on us. A rock.

I would like to hear from the many different schools of thought regarding Elenin. People on all sides of the argument have been hostile and disrespectful - Calling people sheeple, or close minded, or ignorant and unintelligent.

Well if I'm incorrect, and I'm just eating up lies fed to me by NASA and the rest of the world, I'll die. Or have a spiritual awakening..Or something.

I wonder about those of you who believe that Elenin is going to have an impact on we Earthlings; Will you come out and apologize if/when you're proven wrong? Will Elenin threads pop up like crazy after it passes? Will those who believed in our destruction contribute or will they just remain silent, hoping their recent contributions on this subject will just be forgotten? I would really like to hear from some of the more militant Elenin-Doom enthusiasts. We know you can be aggressive, but can you also be humble and admit when you're wrong? If you are proven wrong, will you be more willing to accept scientific data from sources like NASA in the future? Will you be more likely to accept the opinions of those that seek factual data before making assumptions? Will you return to the same school of thought, living in constant fear/fascination of the next Doomsday?

What happens if/when Elenin passes right by and we're all still here? Do we move on to the next ELE immediately, or perhaps focus some of that energy on real life issues that are directly affecting all of us on this planet?

I'm genuinely curious - I am certain that Elenin is nothing to worry about, but if everyone thought and felt the same as me this world would be a very boring place. What will you do when Elenin passes right by without so much as a whimper? Some of you have been cruel, I wonder if you'll feel like you should make amends with those you've offended.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just passing by.
When it passes by all these threads about will disappear and then they'll all start pointing to another comet and then they'll start twisted information or taking information they don't understand and make somehow suit their theory that it's going to destroy the world. When 2012 passes there's gonna be a new huge year for dooms day that was predicted years ago blah blah.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Will those who believed in our destruction contribute or will they just remain silent, hoping their recent contributions on this subject will just be forgotten?

nope, they'll pick another object, and another date, and tell us we're sheeple and we'll all die if we don't start stock piling food and weapons (even though a comet impact of sufficient size to actually be a problem would probably burn the atmosphere and you'd be dead before you can polish your gold bars in your mountain cave hideout.)

See that's the fantastic part about this. Lunatics + infinite universe = DOOM OMFG RUNZ!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Where did this elenin hysteria come from in the first place?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What happens if/when Elenin passes right by and we're all still here? Do we move on to the next ELE immediately,

Simple answer.. Yes...Welcome to ATS.. Looks like your already getting an idea of how it works around here..
In my time using this site, I have lived through many end of the world events..

edit on 10/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I notice how no one from Team Doom is responding. I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, but really get a genuine idea of how people would respond. I'm new to this site and do not know what to expect from believers.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Will just pass by
Hope it give's us a good show

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
I notice how no one from Team Doom is responding. I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, but really get a genuine idea of how people would respond. I'm new to this site and do not know what to expect from believers.

I think that says it all.

They don't have any more faith in this comet than we do.
They're just along for the argument.

No argument, no thread.

top topics

join