It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops Protect Our Freedom!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
In another thread titled “Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So”, it was said that “no member of the US military contributes in any way whatsoever to protecting the freedoms of the American people”….

This post was quickly followed by ranting from other people about how the military would more likely turn a gun on fellow citizens, etc. Please for a moment, use the brains that God gave you and think.

While our military may not be on American soil defending us from some foreign threat, they are doing something more – they are on foreign soil defending people from the clutches of evil. And they are defending our way of life! Our way of live is an idea that exists in the hearts of every single American.

It is the idea that caused men to cross a vast ocean in search of a better way of life. It is the idea that caused them to write our constitution.

Have you ever taken a moment to really talk to a military man or woman about their job?

Have you ever heard stories about how little children will run up to military personel and want to hug them?

Have you ever heard stories about how the people there hate terrorists just as much as we do?

Those people, despite what the MSM will lead you to believe, want us there – because their government can’t help them.

It is a duty for those in power to defend the weak from the strong.

Now let us reason together – if the USA stepped out of all foreign affairs, how long do you think it would take for the world to begin ripping its self apart (specifically the middle east). There is a reason why people are trying to get the hell out of there, and move to America. Because We Are A Light To Them!
Why is it that so many foreign people seem to have more love for America than most Americans?

Sometimes people just speak from ignorance….

What is the point to this post? To make this statement:

TO ANY TROOPS WHO READ THIS – Thank you for your support, and willful volunteering to spread the call of freedom to those who don’t have it. God bless you for your courage.

While some people may be too self serving to see a greater picture – there are those of us who are here who know the echo of history, and recognize the necessity of what you are doing.

Thank you

edit on 10-8-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
our troops protect the elite's income, nothing more.

plus anyone who signs up for murder needs putting down anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
yeah yeah,

already done,

daily,
on ATS... www.abovetopsecret.com...

real world = "american terrorists"...

not protectors...

IMHO...

seeeya

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

stop deluding yourself they serve the rich and nothing else they do not protect our freedoms at all in fact they endanger us they are puppets that like being told what to do nothing more nothing less

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No offense meant but clearly you are watching way too much MSM spin.

Oath of Enlistment

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Source

The only part of this oath that they are staying true to is to follow the orders of the President. The President who said openly, "I don't even have to get to the Constitutional question..."

He isn't following the Constitution - and he is ordering our troops to violate it as well. Supporting them means you support the mass murders of countless thousands of lives. The soldiers can refuse these orders at any time and choose to honor the true Oath they took.

Your thread has noble intentions but blindly supporting them because you were taught that it's right will bring no honor. Stand up for truth and you will have a reason to be proud.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

So you think murdering the troops is o.k.? You advocate killing because you don't like killing....ah I see critical thinking isn't one of your strong suits. Here's a suggestion, try that very thing you're advocating and let me know how it works out for ya........jeez, when I thought the nonsense here was reaching critical mass, you come along and move the goal posts alot further.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well I have to give you guts for posting this on site where the majority of people are anti-military. I agree with you of course but I imagine your head will be ripped off soon. That's as bad as saying you think the government system is good. Most here are anti everything it seems like.

Good post though

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

While our military may not be on American soil defending us from some foreign threat, they are doing something more – they are on foreign soil defending people from the clutches of evil. And they are defending our way of life! Our way of live is an idea that exists in the hearts of every single American.

And they are defending our way of life! Our way of live is an idea that exists in the hearts of every single American.

What you say right here might be the reason why people do react to what Americans are doing.

What right do you have to be on foreign soil to enforce American ideas on to others?

It reeks of American capitalism to me.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Thanks alot for this.

Do me a favor though. Continue to do great things. Continue to be come engineers, doctors, scientist, pilots, policemen, and small business owners, teachers, lawyers, truck drivers, race car drivers. Most of all continue to mentor our youth so that the good qualities that make us great as a people are carried forward into the future generations. I love being able to go out to eat with my family and shop in nice stores and most of all have a decent conversation with any american i should meet reguardless of race. Yea i know there are american here that are evil and would do harm to myself or my family if given the chance for the most ignorant of reasons. Well evil is everywhere in his world. I believe the majority are not that way. As i go through these deployments i leave my family home and safe. Home in america and safe around americans. Americans that love god and cherish family. Americans that will fight to keep the way of life i also fight for.

God bless and guide every man on this planet towards peace. But until then, i will do what others can not or will not.

Freedom must be defended. Forgive me for doing so.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If we stepped out the middle east would tear itself apart...who cares its not our problem and the same people who wrote the constitution said "Don't get involved in other countries problems"

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Question:

How many of these threads to we have to have?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I understand and respect the point you are trying to make. That being said I must say that your response to the other thread is due to your blind patriotism. The other thread was bang on and made some very sobering points that cannot be debated. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your country and "supporting our troops", but there comes a time where we have to realize that the points made in the other thread are a reminder of the sad state of affairs our world is in. Our armies murder innocent people for the banking cartels, end of story. If you support that, you can have your "freedom". I sure as hell don't want it. Keep in mind I write this as family of mine are serving in Afghanistan, so I have thought about this deeply.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well maybe when someone can actually prove that then it won't be debated until then it's just another ignorant theory and people should base their beliefs on facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I do not have blind patriotism. Your comment implies that I have no rational thoughts, which I find offensive.

I am, however, a patriot because I know that the U.S.A. is one of the only truly free countries. People die to come here, and risk their entire families to come here – that alone speaks volumes of America’s worth in the eyes of foreign people.

I realize that the bankers and N.W.O. run this country – and other countries.

However, the other post was not “bang on” and any point can be debated.

Comparing our troops to murderers of innocents is completely uncalled for, and pathetic. My friend Bobby, who died in Iraq, told me many stories of his times in Iraq and Afghanistan. He wasn’t over there bashing babies heads in with his boot heals, or shooting women and children. He was there to help liberate a country of people who had been oppressed for many years, under the tyrannical rule of a single man.

He told me stories of how those people loved them over there.

The only people he ever shot was people who tried to blow up restaurants, schools, houses, etc. He attacked those who were radicals, who desired harm for innocents. Bobby was protecting innocents – not killing them…. And he died protecting foreign people, and defending their freedom – that makes him a hero.

And every person who defends another man, woman, or child’s freedom – even if it’s not on American soil – makes them a hero too.

They defend our way of life, which is the thought that all men are created equal. It’s an idea, which is worth fighting for.

If that’s freedom you don’t want – I suggest moving to the middle east for a few years. I bet you will change your tune quickly.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Well maybe when someone can actually prove that then it won't be debated until then it's just another ignorant theory and people should base their beliefs on facts.

Prove what?

Your ignorant response contributed absolutely nothing to this thread. Be more specific and we might at the very least have an idea of what you're actually talking about.

My previous post was in reference to factual observations that cannot be debated. Perhaps if you had the ability to expresss yourself with civility and logic I might know what the point of your post was.

Feel free to point out any "theories" that you deny being factual from this or the other thread and I will be more than happy to discuss. Give a dog a bone here bro, gimme something to work with. I'm hoping your next post might actually have some substance to it. I won't hold my breathe though

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's funny how these people are the ones who stand at airports and spit on the soldiers coming home calling them baby killers while being allowed to do this under the very freedom provided to them by this horrible military.

Very hypocritical

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The only thing that protects one's freedom is having a heart strong enough to resist the temptation of saving the flesh over one's free will.

No one can protect YOUR freedom. You either protect it, or you do not deserve it.

Employing someone else to protect your freedom strips you of it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

But courage flows freely when people have hope.

The element of hope is our troops there helping.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
But courage flows freely when people have hope.

The element of hope is our troops there helping.

Those who put their hope in the sword will perish by the sword. Misplaced hope is the doom of lemmings.

With Love,

Your Brother

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor
Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgment day comes Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgment, God is calling
On their knees the war pig's crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh lord yeah!

edit on 10-8-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My intention was not to offend you, but the truth hurts sometimes. I am very sorry to hear about the death of your friend, he sounds like he was an honorable soldier. To claim he was there "liberating" the Iraqi's is proof of your blind patriotism. Once again, no offense intended.

To label my mention of the murdering of civilians by our troops as pathetic is another sign of your blind patriotism. Perhaps you would call it collateral damage, call it what you want. Invading foreign countiries and killing the inhabitants is clearly murder. To say otherwise is pure ignorance.

Thankfully when the SHTF here domestically we will have good people like your friend Bobby to help steer us in the right direction. But I still disagree with your thread title. Our troops do not protect our freedom, if anything they threaten it with the orders they follow from up the chain of command.

As for moving to the Middle East, I have no reason to. I agree, things are better here, but it's no excuse to justify our actions abroad. If you think the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq made the world a better place for us general peasants, then you truly are blinded by your patriotism.

Take care.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join