It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad or Good ; How / When did YOU choose which side youre going to be on for eternity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I believe everyone have choosed a side at a very young age
that will guide your daily actions

You cannot remain neutral or be on both side
if you think you are on both side .. then you dont know yourself
and you probably suffer from personality disorder

in some point in your life.. there is a moment where you have to choose
Many have certainly decided which path they will concentrate their efforts

so ... This is my Story .. how it happened to me .. how i decided

I was with my Cousin and we went outside doing silly stuff
it was 15-20 yrs ago... now im 30 and it still very fresh in my memories

We went near a water pipe beside a road
and we saw a grass snake.. we tried to capture it
it escaped near the pipe beside rocks
i dont know what i though .. but i picked up a heavy rock
closed my eyes before throwing it on the snake and i wounded it

i could see a small flesh wound on its side
can really remember if my cousin influenced me to do it
i remember picking up another rock but wishing at the same time
that the snake wasnt there anymore and it was gone.. so i wouldnt hurt it anymore
the snake maybe died later on .. i dont know

I still remember the scene like it was yesterday
im not proud about what i did .. but it helped me decide my futur
to become who i am

Some people will say it is not a big deal because it is not a human being
im still asking forgiveness to God about what i did
because it was so useless, stupid/retarded... there is NO reason to do that to a creature
even if it bite you ( the snake didnt bite .. but it tried)
except if you want to eat it to survive

I have a few anecdotes of people choosing the bad side
people doing harmfull thing to defenceless creatures
because they never choose what side they will be .. since they dont care

One guy told me 10 yrs ago what he did to a big wawaron frog
i was traumatise by how much stupid and retarded he was for doing that
the guy told me he cut the 4 legs of the frog and release it in the water to see what the frog would do
it sank to the bottom .. the guy told me that story while he was laughing
i didnt laugh at all .. told him how retard he was for doing that

another guy told me that he saw 10 crows from his room on his landscape
he took his BB gun and shoot 7 of them
he was frustrated that he missed the other ones ..

These are exemples on how humans can be when they are bored
If you care not to hurt .. then you are clearly on the good side
if you DONT care when you hurt then im sorry for you... thats the bad side
and you can probably do much worst
like a chain reactions
There is so many sadist starting just like that torturing cats and dogs
30 yrs later .. they go after peoples

It always start with something
you can learn from it not to do it again (hurt a living creature)
or you will discover how much you like the feeling of power
to kill something with your own hands
but later you can kill a human being without any trouble
thats because you have choosen the wrong path.. sadly

I would like your thoughs and own stories
how did you decide which side you will be for the rest of your life ?
if you have decide ... which side did you choose and for what reasons

Peace and love to all
not Rage and Hate to all

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I was very evil and negative as a child, as I grew up I realized I did not want to live this way. I choose positivity now, not negativity. I believe we have all lived lives of positivity and negativity and this is our last life to choose.

Lucifer is the light-bringer, because without darkness there can be no light.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just curious where you got your degree in psychology. You diagnose people with having a personality disorder. Are you practicing without a license?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
After abandoning atheism I slowly understood that hell was real.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's just like in Transformers 2. You can grow up evil but you have free will. Many decepticons realise that doom and gloom won't last forever. Some people say without darkness there is no light. I say: I don't think it's that simple. If something is logical it doesn't mean it is simple. It's not that black and white. Think multidimensional. Darkness is the absence of light. And what we percieve to be evil in our understanding, could be just a interpretation of balancing through love or goodness. Like buddha once said: A single candle can light up a dark room. But no number of darkness can darken the light from that single candle.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gexi1992
reply to post by Ben81

Lucifer is the light-bringer, because without darkness there can be no light.

False.

Darkness feeds from light. Light is complete and requires nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I have done a ton of evil s#%t over the years but i'm not proud of it.
These things happened during times of extreme emotional hardship and I vented in a pretty standard, masculine way. I immediately regretted it, and admit that i'm not perfect.
I try to improve so i consider myself to be a fundamentally good person.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Aren't both GOOD and BAD simply a matter of perception?

Isn't one person's GOOD another's BAD?

If someone consciously says "I'm going to be BAD", doesn't it then, in their eyes, become their "GOOD"?

edit on 10-8-2011 by TXRabbit because: spelign

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It took me a bit to figure out where you were going with this, but now that I think I get it, interesting post.

I was about ten and shot a bird with a BB gun and killed it. Then I cried like the girl I am.
I believe that if you have to kill an animal for food, you should make an offering and thank their spirit.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When I commanded the winds to defend my family against dozens of flying megalithic creatures, I was twelve. When I commanded the waters to save me and my father during a roaring flood I was thirteen. Details: birds flying up like harriers, car floating upstream...also, I created and played with five tornadoes in my elementary school before being interrupted by a stealth bomber. I guess you don't really HAVE the choice do you? I have seen this earth become so evil while not permitting me to choose to be bad or good.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i done something realy bad that still haunts me to this day

when i was 15 i went to an army surplus store with an 18 yr old friend
to purchase an air pistol. i needed my friend to buy it as he was 18
i bought a .177 air pistol for 17 pounds
at the time i was living with foster parents and ran away every now and again(about 1991)
well one day my friend(a school friend) told me he was running away
and i was street wise and knew he wouldnt last 10 mins on his own
so i went with him (all i needed was an excuse to run away lol)
so we ran away and basically after 2 nights we were cold hungry and tired
it was raining heavily and we went into an ols abandoned factory
and on a window sill was a pidgeon sheltering. i was hungry and thought im having that
(i have ate pidgeon plenty of times)
so i load the air pistol and fired and missed
i went closer shot again and hit the wing it sort of just shrugged it of
got a bit closer fired again no response
then i walked up to it and it didnt move i point blank shot it in the head
it fell to the floor flapping around and got scared i wanted it to die quickly
i loded again and point blank in the head
i shot it about 15 times in the head and screaming and crying i felt so bad
it was still alive wen i had to take the decision to cut its head of
i still had morals and knew i had to cook it or that was just sacriledge
as it was cooking the police found us
ever since then i swore id have a powerfull air rifle
and kill a bird humanely
i have the powerfull air rifle but have still not killed anythin since
i wont even kill a spider i pick them up and put them outside.
sorry for the rant got carried away
dave

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think you asked a good question. Perhaps not everyone can point to this one moment in their life.

For me it was at a young age, shooting a pellet rifle at a small bird. I was very far from this bird and didn't think I would have much chance to hit it. I wasn't thinking of killing the bird so much as making the shot. I adjusted for windage and the trajectory I thought the distance required. My step father had taught me to shoot real firearms, being he was a veteran of Vietnam, another story.. I took aim and shot. I seen the small bird drop. I was ecstatic that I made such an impossible shot. I ran over to find the bird still alive but stunned. I picked it up and found I had shot off the lower part of it's beak. Recovering from it's initial shock it flew away suddenly. Only then did I realize that even though the bird had lived, it would eventually starve to death.

Did I decide to be good at this point or evil. Neither really. I decided that I no longer wanted my actions to harm life unnecessarily. I gained a respect for life I did not have before. Empathy for the bird.

Not all things are black and white, good or evil. I do not consider my self to be evil. I will kill something if I have no choice without regret. To eat, to survive, to defend myself. I will not do so without cause. I consider someone evil, for lack of a better term, if that person kills without good reason.

As for god, well I no longer believe in the published versions. You might consider me agnostic. Their well may be a god but I don't believe anyone's account to date.

Now I pose to you this question..
Who is the better person? One that is good for no other reason that they feel its right to be so, or the person that is good only because they will burn in hell if they are not?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
reply to post by Ben81

Just curious where you got your degree in psychology. You diagnose people with having a personality disorder. Are you practicing without a license?

maybe psycology of the soul

The ones with a personality disorder
are people doing good and bad depending on how they feel
someday they feel doing good and kindness
and another day they go kick a cat in the ribs with heavy force because they are frustrated
if you choose the good side you will never ever hurt any living creatures for personnal pleasure
because you are bored or frustrated

edit on 8/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This thread has really made me think....I am still pondering the "when" I decided to be "good" part though.

I grew up on a farm and watched my Grandmother cut the head of a turkey.....watched my Grandfather slaughter a hog.....it was told to me this was our food. I believed them and went on about my business. I watched my Grandmother cut plenty of snakes heads off. We laughed about it. I think there are certain perceptions of good and bad. To me.....my Grandparent were very loving people and growing up on a farm....we lived off the land as far as food and the snakes would have bit their babies (such as me) so....I felt like it was the "right" thing. I still do.

Me personally.....this is funny......I will not kill anything except a spider or anything that will hurt my kids. If I were to see a snake....and know it has the capability of hurting my kids....I would kill it without a blink of an eye. Let an ant or another bug crawl around and I will nicely put it outside.

I think my upbringing caused me to think of others more than myself because that was my role models. We never went to church when I was little. My cousins and I would be sent to Bible School here and there but we are a close nit family and I think that along with the caring for others has instilled in me "good".....

I fought a lot in school (divorced parents ..had anger issues)....always in defense though...and it was never a "bad" thing as far as my parents and Grandparents taught. They would laugh.....?? I learned to control the impulse to hit when I felt attacked verbally.

I am never "good" all the time. That would imply I am perfect.....right?

I try daily to be the best I can be and that is the best I can do. Showing others and myself just how much I love and care for them....showing nature by not littering and cutting down trees. I show animals, insects and the like that I care as well. If I could afford a car that does not run on gas....I would do it in a heart beat.

I just can't say there was one certain event. Its just instilled in me. I am a very deep thinker and always have been very spiritual....that to has always been deep inside my spirit.

Good topic though.....really made me think this morning.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Side?
I think this divide everything up into sides is a problem. Sure the examples you gave of picking on animals for no reason seem clear but very little of what happens in life is clear enough to say once and for all if its good or bad. Principles define how you feel about something, what you will do and not do, figure those out and forget all this 'sides' stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I disagree with the OP. As a child you are inexperienced and hasty, not concerned with the consequences of your actions but rather driven by your basic needs and desires. As one matures into an adult, they become more cautious about what they choose and use past experience to guide their decisions. Also one's sense of what is right or wrong becomes clearer as they gain more experience in life (their conscience forms). One could say life is a constant battle between choosing good or bad.
edit on 10/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
im on the side of the good that has no opposite or division.

so with that i embrace what to most is good or evil.

because in fact there is no good or evil when it comes to eternity

its non exclusive and way above good and evil. all is included, and if its not then it is not eternity.

just division and duality instead of unity

choosing sides is still casting division instead of unity

true eternity does not come when division is still present

you cannot pick a side, you can simply be whatever you are.

because that is the way it is, and no other way but that.

you cannot separate the waves from the ocean.

as you cannot separate good and evil, as it does not exist.

therefore theres only side i can be in, the side i am.

the side wich is not a side, because a side implies opposition and duality, and mine has none of it.

there is only one way the universe can unfold.

the way it is

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by Ben81

I have done a ton of evil s#%t over the years but i'm not proud of it.
These things happened during times of extreme emotional hardship and I vented in a pretty standard, masculine way. I immediately regretted it, and admit that i'm not perfect.
I try to improve so i consider myself to be a fundamentally good person.

If you repent and you say you are deeply sorry for what you did
you have learn from it
then God can forgive you indeed
always depend on what you did

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Like it or not we are just animals, as children we act without the Knowledge of what we should or shouldnot do.
We donot have to learn how to be what we call bad, Because that is natures way.
Just look at other young animals, some of the things they do are horrible in our opinion, but to them they are playing or just investigating the world around them.
The problem is that people have to be taught to be good then at very least you can choose to be good like some people or what we call bad like young animals.

When animals become mature they kill to feed and bring up young, and only fight for a mate, their feeding ground and to defend their young. But anything that can hurt them back they avoid.

But when people mature and they have not been taught to be good, they can and will do anything they want even just for a laugh probably because they have nothing to avoid. So they are not even as good as mature animals.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolism
Like buddha once said: A single candle can light up a dark room. But no number of darkness can darken the light from that single candle.

best quote ever.

props to you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join