It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sawyer Glacier Ice Breaks Off (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Source

If anybody ever thought staring at ice was boring, they need just look at this video of a 200-foot chunk of ice breaking off of Sawyer Glacier in Tracy Arm Fjord in Alaska to realize that ice can certainly perk up a tourist's day.

I don't know what to think - I'm kind of awestruck by the visual
I searched "glacier" but I didn't see this posted

Gives a great perspective to the term "fragile earth".

Here's hoping the person hit with the ice wasn't hurt badly ♥

edit on 10-8-2011 by Forevever because: I can spell I swear

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So weird! I just watched these videos about 10 minutes ago and now it's posted

This looks like an amazing sight to be apart of but after reading the lady shattering her femur, I'll just enjoy the view from here.

I was actually looking for a video that another ats member mentioned from back in the 50's or 60's "where a massive "calving" created such a devastating wave that the surrounding land was purty much wiped clean, even way high up on the mountains " in Alaska and it was caught on video but this is cool too

Edit to add: Hope the lady is ok and recovering well, see the video was posted monday which means she's still in pain...Get well woman!!
edit on 10-8-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Talk about getting a little too close for comfort. Poor woman sounded like she was in a lot of pain.

You guys ever seen this? Certifiably nuts

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
I was actually looking for a video that another ats member mentioned from back in the 50's or 60's "where a massive "calving" created such a devastating wave that the surrounding land was purty much wiped clean, even way high up on the mountains " in Alaska and it was caught on video but this is cool too

Definitely sending my best thoughts for the woman who was hit ♥

Meanwhile, now that you mention this... someone was predicting a tsunami for tomorrow...
no kidding

I don't usually buy into "predictions", and I'm not really sure if this calving was big enough to cause a 35 foot tsunami, but wouldn't that be a really interesting coincidence....

wrong area too but.. still

edit on 10-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A couldn't help but notice the beautiful purity of the ice and snow made by nature, marred by an ugly puff of black exhaust from the man made vessel.

Our contribution to our planet is quite clear in the video and perhaps the calving of the ice can be answered by that one shot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dadc4c8d4c90.png[/atsimg]

Thanks for the vid.

edit on 10-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

WHOA!!!!

Talk about living life on the edge that was INSANE!

Thanks for posting that

reply to post by Forevever

I never heard of the man and thats a pretty detailed prediction, i dont believe in predictions either but august 11th rang a bell for some reason, maybe the dates and numbers are starting to get to me seeing them on ats all the time

And im still looking for that video where the calving in alaska wiped the surrounding land, this "calving" is all new to me so im learning while looking around but what are the chances of generating a huge tsunami through this?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

A couldn't help but notice the beautiful purity of the ice and snow made by nature, marred by an ugly puff of black exhaust from the man made vessel. Our contribution to our planet is quite clear in the video and perhaps the calving of the ice can be answered by that one shot. Thanks for the vid.

Thank you for that screenshot, it's speaks volumes on the damage thats being done

top topics

join