It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England Riots! We The People Will Fight Back!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
These riots aren't about classes, just read this article
These riots were about race. Why ignore the fact?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

aren't the people over there just fighting and stealing from each other though?

It's like " I hate the man so I'm gonna go punch my mate in the face because TPTB are screwing our country so I'm going to steal from my neighbor to right the wrongs "

Makes no sense.

Brits.....rush the Palace.....that will spark some interest.

You English do realize the Queen knows about all the shady things going on. She isn't a Saint. sorry

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

aren't the people over there just fighting and stealing from each other though?

It's like " I hate the man so I'm gonna go punch my mate in the face because TPTB are screwing our country so I'm going to steal from my neighbor to right the wrongs "

Makes no sense.

Brits.....rush the Palace.....that will spark some interest.

You English do realize the Queen knows about all the shady things going on. She isn't a Saint. sorry

If only!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

I always knew that Putin had skills But, Wow!! he can make balloon animals and bend saute pans!!

Great Avatar! Cheers thanks for the laugh
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1b715751156.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I still can't figure out what these "rioters" are trying to accomplish by looting small independent businesses, mugging bystanders, assaulting innocents and fellow "rioters", setting buildings ablaze blah blah.

This is what made me realise there is no sense to any of this. Maybe the first day was a genuine protest, but everything since then has purely been criminal.

As for the courts, you are having a laugh right?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Its not a class war, it more of a WTH like you said

Its a bandwagon, bored kids & teens jumping on a bandwagon, there's nothing political about it

I said in another thread which i can't seem to find, one of the first threads on this topic, after the Tottenham riots i said, this is going to get worst "mark my words" all the kids & teens in the country will try to jump on this for kicks, and sure enough that happened,

Because i know how these kids think i was in a few gangs as a teen my self and remember when i was that age kicking around the park/shops, if something like this happened it made you want to get involved or show you was "just as hard" they will try and out do each other for REP

If a neighbouring estate was doing something it was in the street culture for you to out do them, if someone was shot or killed in your area, nobody would f**k with that gang, its a culture of one upping each other,

As soon as the riots kicked of in London a group of youth would have laughed and joked about it and would organise somewhere to go smash things up themselves, if one of them smashed a window his other mate might burn a house down, then the next day they will all get pat on the back and talk about who did the most daring thing,

This is how it escalated IMO lax police, and the fact its considered cool to say f**k you to the system,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

That's an interesing article, to say the least.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

A lot of people on ats have been doing the same.The article is perfectly true the media is guilty as sin.It is totally a ''hot potatoe'' in Britain due to liberal brain washing of the masses.everyone is terrified of the race card but hopefully it is wearing thin.governments try to cover the facts because their corporate paymasters want an endless supply of cheap labour flooding the country,which has brought wages down for all british working class.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Actually, the more I read about it, the more it seems like it is purposeless, other than to unleash rage, and get "free stuff". Obviously, it won't be successful. They are behaving like terrorists, for whom there is little sympathy.

After Katrina, a segment of the people went wild looting, with no other purpose than to get freebies. There was no lofty aspiration. Just common criminality. Steal water? Of course. Steal a TV? Disgusting.

OP, you guys need to watch your step. When you join in something of this nature as a private citizen, even if you are one of the "good guys", you walk a thin line into illegalities yourself.

Could some of you be "deputized", and provided with handcuffs? Make citizens arrests?

If this continues the military will have to be involved. I think they finally had to call in the National Guard in L.A.; and I know for a fact they did in New Orleans. Big guys walking around with rifles seemed to get things to quiet down.

You guys be careful.
edit on 8/10/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I have to agree... It's not the middle-classes saying enough is enough and moving in to protect their property, it appears from the youtube video they are just a different faction of thugs... Probably football fan based. They are similar in many respects to the looters... They are angry and aggressive and see beating up looters as an acceptable means to vent their aggression.

It's simply the same thing dressed up in another uniform... and it will result in anarchy. You cannot have vigilante groups taking the 'law' into their own hands.... society doesn't work like that. It's the same as me beating up my neighbour because he was rude to the local butcher.... if everyone takes action how they see fit, then it's chaos of the highest degree.

I feel very sad because we are now reaping what we've sown... We have failed our children with lack of family structure, lack of discipline, lack of respect, lack of a future - All we have done is allow the powers that be to roam free in the positions of power, to cheat, lie and get ever greedier, whilst doing nothing to promote a good and strong future for our children and their children's children.

How must it feel to be young in todays world, seeing endless adverts for more and more comsumer products, to see MP's fiddle expenses, to see Corporations destroy the planet, to hear of bankers ruining lives and taking massive bonuses. How can it feel to have no structure, no career, no money and to have been left to rot.

It's easy to blame them for their actions, but it's deeper that that - we have broken the fabric of society by failing to promote the future, by failing in discipline, by ignoring the obvious outcome... No one has nurtured our children, so they grow up without direction, pride or a feeling of worth - What do we give them - a broken planet and the chance to appear on X-Factor! Add into that mess, mass immigration and you have a totally volatile mixture which has been bubbling away for years, and which is now about to explode. If it does - we are all in the #!

You cannot put this right by arresting them. The 'full force' of the law as Cameron put it, is what exactly? - pathetic and no deterrent whatsoever. You cannot put it right by vigilante groups. You/we have created a youth that has no fear, no respect and no morals - like untrained pets, without those elements you have an uncontrollable dangerous creature, and that situation cannot be fixed without massive long term and persistent attention, input and care, and do the Government care about that? - NO.

You leave a chemical fire to burn and sooner or later nothing can extinguish it... How better to have never let it burn in the first place.

This is just the beginning....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I posted it and made my point that the media made a mess of this. They are adding fuel to the fire.

I do not know the man in the clip. I cannot judge him. I did not attempt to judge him.

However you jump straight in there and tell us exactly how you judge him and his type.

I have seen your coments on this topic and that is why I am not interested in your opinion. Your opinion. You are very intelligent , but I see what is behind that intelligence sir and I am not interested in discussing.

Good day.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I sincerely hope confronting the rioters is left to the police. We don't need vigilante groups " Protecting our own property " with all their own twisted retribution agendas, dispensing whatever " justice " they felt appropriate. They could be seen as no better than the rioters themselves.

How would police know who were the rioters, and who were the vigilantes ? It could become a confusing mess.

Several days of heavy rain across the country would put a damper on things..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Gang on gang violence. Exactly what Britain needs.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

i am afraid its not just the disaffected underclass involved. the fist court appearances for those arrested for looting have been a university student and a primary school worker and the vast majority are not kids but men in their 20s and 30s

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

BINGO! And why are the media not mentioning it? Lateline in Australia was the first tonight to bring it up. These riots were not racially motivated in the beginning but turned racial by day 2.

The last time I recall Caucasian people being stripped of all their clothing was back in WW2 in the Nazi Concentration Camps. One particular newspaper showed a photo of a middle aged Caucasian woman completed naked on Monday; dragged off a bus I heard, then told to strip by a bunch of black thugs.

It was also mentioned the EDF has now hit the streets to capture any black looters and those destroying property.

This is not about multiculturalism, this has now quickly become a war between white and black people. The media, Police and British Govt are avoiding the issue and down playing it. Well, how would they like it if their elderly mothers were strip naked in the street by a bunch of black thugs ?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Gee, and from what I'm hearing, there are kids as young as 9 looting stores

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

It's the EDL, not soccer hooligans, that have hit the streets after deciding enough is enough and targeting the looters. I don't blame the EDL, where the friggin hell are the Police? Someone has got to do something. In this case, I would turn a blind eye to the EDL since Police are too afraid to take on the black hooligans.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

do you have any evidence of these sex attacks or is it just a rumor?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
It's also still illegal to physically assault someone, even if your stopping a rioter from looting a shop for example.

Not quite....

If you are preventing a crime in progress, "reasonable force" can be used and you can perform a citizens arrest. Kocking them to the ground and sitting on them is not going to get you pinched, especially if the fuzz have 200 yobs to take care of anyway.

Glad to see the communities coming together to combat this mindless violence...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
the people involved in the rioting have nothing left to loose and nothing to live for. they do not care what happens to themselves or anybody else.

You cannot be serious ?!

You're trying to romanticise it and make these cowards out to be some kind of desperados.

If they have ''nothing to lose'' and ''don't care what happens to themselves'' then why do these wussies run away like little girls when the police or any other group comes running towards them ?

Self-preservation is clearly to the fore with these oiks, hence why they weren't out causing much trouble in London last night when 16,000 officers were on the streets and with the possibility of getting hit by rubber bullets.

If they had nothing to lose we would be hearing about dozens of rioters killed and injured. We don't, because they leg it as soon as they are outnumbered and when threatened with physical harm.

Please don't try and make out that the majority of these rioters are anything else other than opportunistic, selfish cowards with an unwarranted sense of entitlement.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join