It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is the UK government planning to remove more of our freedom ?

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
In the wake of the recent riots and acts of lawlessness across England , certain questions have to be asked.

Why were the looters , in many cities , allowed to inflict as much damage as they liked , while the police stood by and basically failed to act?
Most of these sporadic acts of violence could have been easily quashed , but for some reason , they were allowed to escalate.
I fear the Goverment are going to use the events of the last few days to introduce a new bill that will take away more of our civil liberties.

Call me an old cynic , but I think a big change is comming .

Your thoughts on this , please ?


edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Apart from the Problem Reaction Solution side of the NWO, what are you basing the thread on as you have not explained? There are several threads on the subject already arent there?



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma
 


I stood watching the events in Salford and I'm telling you that the police , for whatever reason , allowed this to get completely out of hand . They stood by and basically did nothing , thus allowing a greater amount of damage and looting to take place in front of the watching media .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zakka
No.


Nicely thought out and intelligent reply.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There are already people calling for a curfew.How would this work for people who work odd hours and not 9-5?Surely this would be terrible for the economy.I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they do take away more civil liberties.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65
 



I think that's preciesly the plan.

Let things get out of control, let the media portray a horrendous situation and TPTB know that 'Middle England' will scream out for a knee jerk reaction change of 'the law'.

TPTB know they don't even have to force this into law, people will willingly want it without realising they've given up yet more of their ever diminishing rights.

It's all part of the plan.......

Also, remember a few weeks ago the fuss about police having to cull their numbers with all the buget cuts going on?

Ain't gonna happen now is it.....?



MR



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by Zakka
No.


Nicely thought out and intelligent reply.


Sorry, when I first saw the thread It had nothing to read so thought Id give a nothing answer, my bad.

Yes actually, I do think they will be removing more rights, all justified of course by "Our own protection".
We are simply heading more into TPTB's final end game of total world control, the more freedom's taken away, the more control, obviously. Like Rats!

The time's we are currently lliving under are their final grab for ultimate power, however It Is going to get alo't worse.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
There are already people calling for a curfew.How would this work for people who work odd hours and not 9-5?Surely this would be terrible for the economy.I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they do take away more civil liberties.


People calling for curfews and such , will only aid the Gov' in their plans to remove more of our freedom .



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65
 


I think you are right on the money. They are not going to let a good crisis like this go to waste.

I believe they deliberately let it get out of hand to manipulate people into wanting to give up some of their rights in exchange for safety. And it's working very well.

People will not give up their rights if they feel safe.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zakka

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by Zakka
No.


Nicely thought out and intelligent reply.


Sorry, when I first saw the thread It had nothing to read so thought Id give a nothing answer, my bad.

Yes actually, I do think they will be removing more rights, all justified of course by "Our own protection".
We are simply heading more into TPTB's final end game of total world control, the more freedom's taken away, the more control, obviously. Like Rats!

The time's we are currently lliving under are their final grab for ultimate power, however It Is going to get alo't worse.


My apologies for my sarcastic reply , earlier.
I have a terrible thought that the events witnessed over the last few days , could have even been orchestrated by our gov'....That's how much I trust TPTB

Regards
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red
 


Another interesting angle is , the police are now calling themselves "a service" as opposed to "a force" . If the cuts in police numbers go ahead , who will become the new force ???



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
We need to remove the freedom of the UK Government.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
We need to remove the freedom of the UK Government.


I couldn't agree more . Gone are the days of representation by our government . Now they act like a dictatorship .



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
More coals to the fire ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
In the wake of the recent riots and acts of lawlessness across England , certain questions have to be asked.

Why were the looters , in many cities , allowed to inflict as much damage as they liked , while the police stood by and basically failed to act?
Most of these sporadic acts of violence could have been easily quashed , but for some reason , they were allowed to escalate.
I fear the Goverment are going to use the events of the last few days to introduce a new bill that will take away more of our civil liberties.

Call me an old cynic , but I think a big change is comming .

Your thoughts on this , please ?




Hello,

I believe you are probably correct, we all witnessed the Police not being pro-active with the rioters but...

If new laws mean that we (normal law abiding citizens) do not have to suffer at the hands of ruthless criminal gangs then I will welcome the laws with open-arms.

The people of Britain have never witnessed such an outrage within our lifetime, most places looked like a terrorist attack had destroyed our towns and cities.

The one thing that this situation has highlighted is the fact that the UK has a serious problem with gangs, which up untill this point in time have been called "disadvantaged youth" which is of course complete and utter nonsense, as we have all witnessed.

These rioters are NOT disadvantaged youth, they are rodent criminals, who have to be destroyed like all vermim.

I am not affraid in any way, of any new laws that people think will take away our rights, I for one, positively welcome our Government taking MASSIVE action to suppress these individuals who are trying to turn our towns and cities into no-go areas for 'normal' folk.

It would be criminal NOT to do anything to protect people, family and businesses from the recent events we have all witnessed.

I for one believe the NWO, (New World Order) is needed to secure the prosperity and future for 'normal' people.

OP, thank you for an interesting thread,


Regards.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Shoot them on the spot", "Bring in the Army" "Curfews" "Bring back hanging" . I've seen all these comments posted by supposedly open minded ATS posters. It's no surprise the the general public are airing the same views.

Protesting the government over legitimate causes is about to become a lot more difficult. It's a shame so few can keep their heads while everyone around loses theirs.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is a black flag Operation where black water and TSA gets to come in and run live exercises before they engage the American people come November....nothing more



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
This is a black flag Operation where black water and TSA gets to come in and run live exercises before they engage the American people come November....nothing more


I believe this started in the USA with FLASH GANGS, and has simply been imported over the Atlantic.

The interesting point to note is that the vast majority of the Flash Gangs in the USA are the same "type" of people doing the rioting here in the UK.

Inherintly violent individuals who, regardless of their personal circumstances or wealth are conducting themselves in a "pack mentality" way, similar to animals that hunt in packs.

This situation has zero to do with Black Water or the TSA.


Regards.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: Spelling (as usual)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm playing the devils advocate here, as I am just an observer.

I could see how all of this rioting could turn out to be the U.K.'s 9/11.

Meaning it could be used to strip people of rights for the sake of "safety and security"

It is still to early to tell though, it all depends on if the rioting ends soon or if it mushrooms into something different.




top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join