It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits. | Sign this pettition!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

If the government won't listen, it is the right of the people to MAKE them listen - through the use of violence and force if necessary

What you are describing could be interpreted as you condoning a form of terrorism, that is to say the use of violence and terror to make a political point. These people have no political points to make, they are scum, they have no cause I recall one rioter yesterday on the news saying they were doing it because “they have no respect for us bruv” as her mates loot a shop..... and they want our respect and the respect of our political class. If this was about making a political point then why burn down a block of 20 domestic housing flats, burn out your neighbours car then go burn down his 100 year old family business and ransack any other shop they can get into.

No this is not about politics rather this is a massive exposure of Brittan’s broken society, these people have no respect for anything, they only care about themselves, on the whole they are mostly ignorant, poor and probably unemployed young men and women cutting their benefits will not solve the problem. This is the clearest indication yet that society in Brittan is broken, when police are arresting a 11 year old for looting that sends a pretty clear message that our society has been smashed up, chewed up and then spat out again.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by SprocketUK

Then I am afraid to say, that hell will freeze over first.

Suits me

No way I want to have to pay my taxes and know the money is being taken from those who need it while some of the richest people in the land just take more and more.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

these people have no respect for anything, they only care about themselves

They have learnt well from our political leaders with 9/11, Libya, Phone hacking, GFC. When honesty and integrity are no longer valued, well the results are obvious.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
dude they already cut everyones benefits .
pathetic i recon!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i dont condone looting but when you have no money as the saying goes
" YOU WILL BEG , STEAL AND BORROW"
or sell your stuff on ebay

edit on 10-8-2011 by welshbeliever because: link

edit on 10-8-2011 by welshbeliever because: sp

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
These people have been raised in a dependency culture - never taught to stand on their own two feet, allways taught that they are owed by society, they are victims, etc etc no surpriseis it that they grab a chance to 'get what theirs', to strike back when the chance comes - it is the same in the US they have been cultivated as expendable fodder by the left and kept as a dissafected grievance riidden, captive voting block.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. This is horrible. Justin didn't deserve to be treated this way, and his friends didn't need to see such brutality. "But, Gail, it's not just happening in your small town, but it's happening all over the country, and it's getting worse every day.

There have been random mob violence against white people in Iowa, Chicago, Atlanta, in Wisconsin, where dozens of white people were beaten up, even pulled out of their own cars." "But why?" Gail asked me plaintively. "Why is this happening now?" "It's Obama," I explained. "It's what I told you a few years ago. This is what happens when you put someone in power like Obama. Something spreads, like a virus. It's subtle; it's almost invisible. But it poisons one person, and then another and another, until soon the whole country is corrupted. "It's a sickness called hatred, Gail.

Most black people are good, law-abiding, moral people. Obama comes from a far-left fringe group of militants who hate America and want to drag us down. Those same people have degraded and exploited poor black kids for years. These radicals use them as their foot soldiers. Obama would never get his own hands dirty. "I know these militants, Gail; I live among them. They hate America; they want to devolve us back into some primitive brute state. This is why things are getting worse and worse in this country: the economy, the Middle East, and hate crimes against whites." After I finished, Gail was quiet for several seconds. Then she said, sounding heartbroken, "But he made so many promises. He seemed so nice."

"Yes, that's true, sweetie," I answered. "But people aren't always as they seem." Three years ago, I sounded the clarion call to my friend Gail to wake up and discern the person behind Obama's carefully crafted mask. I tried to make her see what would happen to this country if the radical left seized power. Back then, she didn't understand what I was saying; she simply couldn't. She is starting to understand now.

www.americanthinker.com...

link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I and everyone I know has lived through the same scandals and none of us have started rioting. None of that is a excuse

link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Because they are typical british, thats why. Criminal. If they had a cause they would be fighting for it, not looting. They are scum.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

What worries me is that people are calling for benefits to be stopped, the army to come in, use water cannons, use live ammo etc. etc....fair enough but you do realise if you ever want, or even NEED to protest over something, they will use it on you too.

I wish people would see the big picture. Please try and remind all these people of twitter/facebook and the likes that the government and media can't be trusted and they should use their own thoughts.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by Firefly_

That doesn't answer the question. Why are people with those type of profession's turning into rioters and looter's ?
What has made them so angry with society?

That's a very good question and one I have been trying to figure out since hearing the type of people involved in this... all I can come up with is that it shows how materialistic and spoilt this generation is. Look at the way we think we can just take stuff because everyone else is.

I want I want I want

or it could be that people really are pissed and this is just the beginning - is a real example of the kinds of people that feel the pressure of today's messed up society - hell I work bloody hard for not a lot, I pay ridiculous taxes and massive bills and we have nothing to show for it - things just keep getting worse - now if you ad jaded, restless youth with no future into the mix and then some police brutality over a long period, then add the catalyst (shoot a dude) things are bound to kick off.

i have no idea why people are doing, I just wish they would do it properly and not rob average joe who has taken 20 years to build a business only to have it taken away by a bunch of inner city hoods who are doing it for fun

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Because they are typical british, thats why. Criminal. If they had a cause they would be fighting for it, not looting. They are scum.

I am typical British, I am not looting, therefore not all British are scum. These people are in the minority, your post is offensive to the majority of law abiding citizens.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

and you my friend are typically ignorant and bigoted

what is the population of Britain?

How many people were involved, across the country?
edit on 10-8-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You are right that it does not excuse it, but it does reason it. I am so sickened when I see how the world really works with so much entrenched corruption and so little being done to address it. Civil dissent is one historically proven method to resolve these problems. It does not always work but it is a public expression of the the underlying problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Please see the Terms and Conditions that we all agreed to on joining ATS

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Closing and removing link

Semper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join