It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits. | Sign this pettition!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here is the link:
*SNIP*

There is already 58,887.
edit on 8/10/2011 by semperfortis because: Recruiting link removed

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

this is a rediculous idea
this will fuel the fire more
part of the rioting is because they got no bloody money or job prospects
read up on ENOCH POWELL
he was right 43 yrs ago
edit on 10-8-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Sorry Charlie, a new ATS member asking me to sign a petition simply because you ask? I think not.
edit on 10-8-2011 by survivalstation because: missed a space

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ain't gonna do it! Most of those people have a legitimate gripe with their government. If the government won't listen, it is the right of the people to MAKE them listen - through the use of violence and force if necessary. People are tired of being Lorded over and having their basic human rights violated by our "leaders". The time for change is NOW!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The first person to appear at Highbury Magistrates Court this morning was 31 year old Alexis Bailey. Charged with looting Richer Sounds Electronics Store in Clapham. She is a SCHOOL TEACHER.
Yesterday appearing in court charged with rioting where amongst others a College Lecturer, a Junior Solicitor, a Graphic Designer. Do you think these people and others live on benefits?
The question that should be asked is............Why are people like these getting involved with rioting?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think you should just get used to the fact that there will be no punishment for the vast majority of the looters involved, and that their future offspring will be even worse.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, the riots I thought were a clear example of Mob Rule taking effect. But it seems this petition is a far better example....

Fight fire with fire?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Because they are the teachers, and the parents of these animals. They have raised them to behave this way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I assure you that if these people lose their welfare benefits, they will not hesitate to steal food.

Sounds like this petition was created by TPTB to add fuel to the fire.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I think you should just get used to the fact that there will be no punishment for the vast majority of the looters involved, and that their future offspring will be even worse.

Based on?

Plenty of very successful, very well balanced individuals come from families with an incarcerated parent, or from dead beat families in general.

That is a broad generalization that has no use but to incite anger or hate.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

............Why are people like these getting involved with rioting?

It is quite simple - we are debt slaves, our rights are being stripped from us and our "leaders" don't listen to us or represent us anymore and we are quite fed up with it. as the downward spiral continues you can expect to see much more of this and see it increase in intensity.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

this is a rediculous idea
this will fuel the fire more
part of the rioting is because they got no bloody money or job prospects
read up on ENOCH POWELL
he was right 43 yrs ago
edit on 10-8-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

have to agree with this.

when people have no hope whats gonna happen.

sure a few kids might get lucky and get a job but for so many there is no hope. none.

what are they gonna do?? some will submit and stay silent. but some will fight. when some fight , more might join in. could get very ugly.

'Sign this petition!' NO! I wont sign this petition.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'll sign it once every thieving mp and tax dodging multi millionaire has put right the damage they have done to our society.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
An what about all the crimes of the state that are going through on the quite and unaddressed? They are setting the example and motivations for this behaviour.

link   

You seriously think that stopping their benefits will make the situaton better? I certainly don't.

As much as the actions of these heathens have repulsed me over the last few days, I will not be signing any petition such as this because it will resolve nothing.

We will have to wait and see exactly what Cameron means when he says those responsible will face the 'full force of the law'.

The problem with that statement is that most of the looters are kids - and we in the UK already know that where kids are concerned, 'the full force of the law' means 'tut-tut, go home and don't do it again'.

link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Then I am afraid to say, that hell will freeze over first.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

No chance I'm siging that.

I'm glad to see the disenchanted youth isn't as apathetic as I thought it was.

For far too many years the older generation has stolen from the younger generations and forced them to pay.

Now it seems people might have woken up.

MR

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Government should have listened - once people have nothing left to lose, they will lose it! And they are! And will continue to do so until those in power begin to give back all they have taken away. Just sayin'!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

That doesn't answer the question. Why are people with those type of profession's turning into rioters and looter's ?
What has made them so angry with society?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Most of those people have a legitimate gripe with their government.

Yeah right. Well don't come bleating over here if your home or place of work ever gets torched.
So many of this rabble are young to mid teens. Under 10s even. So
a) a petition won't work
b) to suggest it's down to political disaffection is ridiculous. The problem is a lot deeper and more complex than that.

Oh and by the way these are the feral youth who will come for YOU if the world goes belly up. There will be no nicey niceys 'let's work together to make the world a better place' nonsense.
edit on 10-8-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join