It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we so blinded by racial issues that we fail to see the actual problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In these times of much unrest globally and nationally (most nations I feel are afflicted) a question springs to mind. All I see are post after post of people arguing whether a killing or rioting or mass murder was justified because the race of the person persons afflicted or the person/persons who were the afflictors had all rights to do what they did based on their race or the racial issues within the society they live in. Or arguing whether an event took place because a certain race is prone to just be thuggish or disorderly purely based on the colour of their skin.

I mean seriously are we not supposed to be people on here who take pride in our ability to see past the veil of lies and madness others do not? Can you not see that perhaps rather than focusing on the race questions what we do need to focus on are the larger social issues at play here?

The headline for one recently started post was 7 white teens run over 1 black man. Is the issue here really the colour of their skin or is the issue here that 7 teens felt it within their rights to kill a man by running him over? The story then op on to talk about how they did not get correct punishment for their crime. Unfortunately much of the thread thus far argues whether whites are justified in doing this to a black man or vice versa. In my opinion no one is justified in doing this to anyone. What is relevant is that society is failing people. We are creating or feeding monsters who rather than trusting that the justice system will take care of and hear their issue take it within their own hands to create their own form of justice. Mostly with the death of innocent people as a result.

Another thread which have suffered the same or similar racial discussion is the one that talk about the U.K. riots. Again people are arguing whether it is a certain race that is to blame for this. In my view no it is a race that is to blame but the U.K society at large. And if we examine this closely I am sure we will find that many of the people who took and are taking part in creating this horrific damage (again to mostly innocent peoples property and persons) are of varying racial backgrounds with one thing in common. They are fed up with being at the bottom of society feeling as if their voices are not being heard. And yes before you point out the obvious - there are persons in this as always who need no motive and who thrive on causing destruction and mayhem. And are only joining in this for their personal gain be it a pair of new trainers, a new flatscreen TV or perhaps just the thrill of it all. These persons need to be adressed also but again I fail to see how bringing in the racial argument is going to solve the problem or indeed getting to the bottom of the problem at all.

Race is like any other physical appearance just that. People can be hated on and bullied for all kinds of things. Such as weight, age, gender, colour, clothing style, music style, social standing, illness and handicap...you name it it has been used as a defence or reason for hurting another. We group people into what we believe are justified groups based on what ever criteria fits our ignorant minds at the time and place the blame for all our evils on these groups. Isn't it time we stopped this madness and started addressing the real issues. Our societies do not include all on equal grounds ( meaning with equal love for and respect for all individuals as having equal value) from day one. Thus we are ourselves the creators of these imaginary 'obvious' groups of people who behave in a certain way.

Well I hope any of this made sense i think i lost myself somewhere along the lines of writing this and taking phone calls. Bottom line and question is...can we once and for all lay race/weight/appearance-ism to rest and look at what is really going on?

Criminalism
Mental disorders
Social security issues
Harrasment (all and any)
Gangbanging ( i include here the obvious gangs but also all religious and sectlike institutions that promote separation on any grounds)
Rape
Murder
Failing education
Communities falling apart
Famine
War
Politics and banking
Murder, rape, mental abuse

Those ( and I am sure there are more) in my opinion are the core reasons for most ills in this world. But then again maybe I am completely wrong here and the issue really is that we should just get rid of everyone who bothers us and do so because of the way they look. As soon as we get rid of 'them' the world will truly be a better place??? What do you think?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Race is like any other physical appearance just that. People can be hated on and bullied for all kinds of things. Such as weight, age, gender, colour, clothing style, music style, social standing, illness and handicap...

Several poor examples.
People of different age DO behave and think differently.
People of different gender DO behave and think differently.
People of different social standing DO behave and think differently.
People of different clothing style DO behave and think differently, the very fact they're wearing different clothing style is evidence of different behavior.
I recall reading studies where people of different weight DO behave differently because of social pressures.

Yet somehow... despite all you've said, we're supposed to think a real actual genetic difference in people has no effect whatsoever. None at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
human beings, much like any other organism, are hard-wired to retaliate to any perceived threat to their existence.. unfortunately for us, with our highly developed imaginations, anything could be a perceived threat.. especially other humans, with their well known propensity for violence, and especially other humans who look or act differently, can scare the bejeebus out of us..

at the end of the day, the only way to put a stop to such violence against other people, is to evolve beyond our instinctual fear of the unknown.. whether this is possible or not is a matter for another thread..
edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
hi op
1 name springs to mind
ENOCH POWELL

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Indeed i agree with you whole heartedly and also have my doubts that we will ever be able to move beyond our instincts but shouldn't we at least try?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

All people behave differently to one another and yet we are to believe that we can judge what a person is going to do in any given situation based on the above...hmmm

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Not sure what point is bbeing made here in regards to what I wrote.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Racial issues = another distraction meant to keep us divided.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Dividing us is how TPTB control and manipulate us.

The soul has no color or gender.

It's like you driving a blue car - you are not that blue car. And I am driving a red car, I'm not that red car.

These outer suits we wear, called bodies, are simply that - our real inness, our souls again have no gender or color.

We are all a part of the whole.

But we are purposely kept divided because the second all of us figure out how we are more the same than different and unite, we will be triumph over the few that now control the many.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The only reason why the racial issue exists, is because people are being manipulated into it, and they are taking the bait. The degree of racism within a society waxes and wanes, but whenever it increases, it is always to somebody's benefit, and that somebody is usually the government.

Racism is used to keep the public focused on fighting each other, so that they don't identify and attempt to do something about the real source of their problems. The black man's problem is not the white man, and the white man's problem is not the black man; both of them have a common enemy that seeks to keep them both held down, and that is the government.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We might all be `human` but there are a lot with that label who have no idea what `humanity` is.....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Petrus indeed
Second Line although it needs none.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs
We might all be `human` but there are a lot with that label who have no idea what `humanity` is.....

I disagree. As much as we may dislike some of what humans do it all falls within the lable being human (unfortunately I guess). The good, the bad the uggly is all part of humanity. I just wish we would collectively raise our awareness allready and move beyond this kindergarden state of mind that currently is running rampant.... evolution is long over due now where is that 100th monkey?

On a side note. If people would just stop for a moment and think about it - most things aren't that serious - but alot of things are. Unfortunately those things that are, seem to be the ones we spend the least time fighting for.

And I do see your point too just wanted to bring another point of view.

top topics

join