It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comments by strangers - do you feel like turning around and replying to them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Im sure you are familiar with it, comments made my strangers, disguised into general conversation, designed to make an observation, embarass or ridicule, where the one hearing the conversation knows that they are being talked about, however, does not have the actual words to be able to make a retort.

It happens to me everwhere - they are so pathetic, every single thing that is outside of thier little bubble is a threat, they believe they have some kind of authority because of the synchronicity of thier mind-control matrix allows for them to make revealing comments that almost appear to be ahead of time.

One day, I will, they just have to push me, and I will walk up to them and ask them literally, what and why did they make such comments - I look forward to the shocked look on thier faces, and I will speak like a gentleman.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
why care about what people you don't know say about you?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Be specific and describe one of these incidents, please.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Im sure you are familiar with it, comments made by strangers, disguised into general conversation
It happens to me everwhere

When people are paranoid, they feel as if others are always talking about them

Encyclopedia of mind disorders

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
"Comments by strangers - do you feel like turning around and replying to them?" Yeah, sure, every time. It's a courtesy to let them know who you are and what's on your mind. Even "trolls" need love/attention, yah know.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

DO IT ! turn around and ask them . My daughter was making comments about clothing sizes in a shop rack for women and she said , size 8 is for obese now , as they make the sizes so large now and this lady who was also looking at clothes says Im size 8 . Just saying the lady replied back

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I really don't know how to reply to this other than to say you must be a pretty important person to have people constantly taking time out of their day to converse about you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If someone says a rude comment in my presence I always assume its about someone else =)

You should do the same.

By getting offended your feeding them.

Or I'm totally crazy, wee!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have to say if I do hear someone speaking about me, I say something. It doesn't happen very often. For example, I overheard someone say "she's english" when I was sitting in a bar one day. So I turned around and say "No, I'm European" and walked out.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Happens to me in certain stores in the check out line, in certain restaurants and often at work.... started happening after 9/11. From the very begining I tried to completely ignore it.... that's usually my method, not that sometimes the situation doesn't piss me off so bad that I have to go blow off steam, but usually I just ignore becauseif they are trying to interject and i ignore it... they failed, lol. Now they gotta start over and find a REAL goddamn way to talk to somebody. It also gives me the chance to observe them closely without having them monitor MY reaction, because I know if they are playing off "this" and "that".... they will undoubtedly play off any reaction i give them as well... and most likely they will then draw some stupid and illogical conclusion based on my reaction, which doesn't get anyone anywhere and it certainly doesn't help them learn or communicate any better. Some examples of this are based on things that are so poorly thought out in the first place that they don't even deserve acknowledgment... to acknowledge based on their attempts to manipulate social energy just gives in to them. i don't just go around letting people manipulate my energy and extract reactions out of me... even if they do effect me. I cannot reinforce their idea that this is a good way to talk to me or get ideas across... because it isn't.

On the other hand, some times the interjecting is straight forward and mostly an announcement of something that is on the person's mind.... but that's their personal offering of what they are doing or what they are about or what-not...sometimes it's justa desperate way to communicate something that seems important.

it's all about the intent, you know. usually I can figure out what the intent is if I just observe. Sometimes i know that it is just an interjection meant to open dialogue... sometimes it's more meant to trap dialogue or upset someone..... so it depends.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Pull out your cell phone (or make pretend with your wallet or something if you don't have one) and start talking about them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Do I get points for not giving a #?

I mean really, who cares. This whole reality television programming is turning the population into a bunch of tools.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Pull out your cell phone (or make pretend with your wallet or something if you don't have one) and start talking about them.

Because that is what the man named jesus would do....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

No, its what this imperfect sinner would do

And this time yuo mentioned Him, not me...

Truth be told I'm having a hard time maintaining a combatitive stance with somebody who is so green and smiley...peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

reply to post by mileysubet

No, its what this imperfect sinner would do

And this time yuo mentioned Him, not me...

Truth be told I'm having a hard time maintaining a combatitive stance with somebody who is so green and smiley...peace.

Nice deflection.

Are you not a person of the bible, as assumed in many of your posts?

Do you not speak as a person of your god?

Do you not represent a idealistic version of humanity, in your gods name?
edit on 10-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I really don't know how to reply to this other than to say you must be a pretty important person to have people constantly taking time out of their day to converse about you.

I think it's a slo a good way to make any person, important or not... seem like a very PARANOID person if they start calling it out.

this can make an important person seem like a crazy person... which is never good, but that's a very convenient aspect of it for some.
edit on 10-8-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
star from me,
in the grand scheme of things i've started to lose interest in that kind of thinking.
now if said stranger wants to fight me, i'd be a little more inclined to pay attention.
all i'm interested in while out among strangers is staying alive, making it home for one more sleep in my bed.
if they have anything at all to say about me, it's fine, because when they see me, i'm in my car listening to whatever I like, wearing what I like, probably going where I want to, you see, their effects on me are minimal as long as I carry on in my existance. of course I have common courtesy in my encounters with people, it's only natural, but I don't feel any desire to lead them to better paths in life, they will eventually if that's their natural course like I took, without choice.

so, no. I don't. but I just had another thought come up. they are ignorant of the fact they are caught in that style of existance, so perhaps dropping a hint if it's right, would be best.
edit on 10-8-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Yeah...

Definitely go for the wallet on that one... even if you DO have a cell phone.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

They are not always talking about you, although they are almost always talking about something deeper and more meaningful than even they might realize.
When every overheard conversation, every song, and every ad and printed word can be read metaphorically or allegorically on the fly, the deeper meaning immediately apparent - don't panic. You are either on the verge of lapsing into psychosis, enlightenment, or both.

Remember, this too shall pass..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
How do you know if they are actually referring to you in the first place, when they don't directly reply to you....???

They could be referring to what you may have said, but not really directed at you..

It's the internet everyone's a stranger...

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join