It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncontacted Amazonian Tribe Missing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
If the laws in place that make drugs illegal. Peeps like this would have no power...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Mikeyy

Rome? Rome was a despotic cess pool, that gutted and bastardised the culture of huge portions of Europe , Africa, and the like. Romans can go suck a blasting cap.

I would PREFER being dressed in animal skins, and living in roundhouses and ancient style huts, hunting where I please, farming what land I can muster up, and having no lord and master but the cheiftan of my village. I would PREFER to live by the speed of my wit, and the strength of my sword arm, and the solidarity of my shield arm.

Romans killed all our mystics, our druids, they killed and enslaved our men and women, and destroyed our culture.

Rome ended all that for Britain by inserting bloody over rated civilisation into our paradigm, which , like a cancer spread to all corners of Britain, and has prevented the common man defending himself against injustice from his fellow man, and his government alike.

Rome = Decay , dirt, disgust, and the total devestation of our ancient past. I say I could have lived without it, and I reckon the tribes of africa could live without that as well.

It's all about the Normans. They built the best stuff around. (Cathedrals, stone castles etc).

But yeah, Brazil doesn't seem to have the resources to handle this kind of problem with their massive land mass.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Originally posted by Mikeyy
Does anybody find it funny that 2000 Years ago, ROME was built. Yet all this time later, the African natives still dwell in stick huts?

African? Geography much?

And what idiot starred you? Did you two come here together?

They couldn't be so lucky as to be African....

South America holds the remainder of the very few RED MAN tribes left on the entire planet....

Soon, they'll be exterminated...

Sad indeed..
edit on 10-8-2011 by OneEleven because: its fun

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dilapidated

maybe the mayans came back and seen that earth is all kinds of messed up and took them to a better place.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Your always mr/mrs negative aren't you smiley green face person.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Originally posted by Mikeyy
Does anybody find it funny that 2000 Years ago, ROME was built. Yet all this time later, the African natives still dwell in stick huts?

Does anyone find it funny when people post uninformed rubbish? Sorry mate but a statement like that is just asking for it.

Sorry OP, great thread by the way, I've often wondered about these tribes. I saw a documentary recently where they filmed them from a distance and they all seem to be done up in red war paint, seems SOOOOO interesting. Thanks for posting mate!

edit on 10-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I am 1000 % for truebrits perspective.

We in fact would still be tribes and clans, if "progress" didnt come and steal our cultures and resources and people, and leave them with a hole to fall into once progress destroyed itself on its own greed.

send me back to my people, we were "primitive", but is this society the way it should be?

i want back to the old ways, all day.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Perhaps it's natural for some of these tribes to move around occasionally so they don't destroy the ecological balance of the rain forest.

.. just sayin

IRM

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They all reached a higer vibration frequency and are now in the 5thDimension

Right........

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Maybe they just disappeared like the Mayans............who knows ?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
How can they be missing if they have been uncontacted?
Really?

They spotted the tribe from a helicopter and took photographs of them. Once they knew where they were, they set up a guard post to prevent people from physically contacting them either by accident or intentionally. They never did publicize their location. Recently the guardpost was overrun by what appear to be members of a drug gang. Authorities overflew the area and there was no sign of the 200+ members of the tribe. They've since gone in on foot deeming that concerns about physical contact were secondary to making sure they were safe. They have been unable to locate any of them. They may have been kidnapped, or dispersed, or maybe they're in hiding. But right now they don't know.

You seem to be surprised that people are having such a strong reaction to this, but the reason is simple. This tribe represented a tiny minority of people who still lived in harmony with nature like all of mankind did at one time. They've been unaffected by "progress". To see them wiped out by a bunch of drug-running thugs is truly heart-breaking.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't write these guys off so quickly, everyone. The jungle is their home and their life in a way I can never understand and I'll bet the drug runners are equally ignorant. If these folks vanished, I'll bet you anything, THEY VANISHED. Drug Cartels would leave something rather gruesome for the helicopters to see next and spread the message/example for others to learn from.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'd like to think the lack of contact FROM Westerners doesn't mean these people are simple minded or stupid and they are likely very aware OF Westerners. How couldn't they be sitting in no mans land during the 3rd or 4th guerrilla war that region has seen in the last 100 years?

I'm going to assume they did what only they can likely do around that specific part of our little planet, and just vanished into the Jungle until the outsiders looking for them have moved on and left.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by NuroSlam
The latest example of the insane international war on drugs that created the black market in which these traffickers exist in

Really?

What the hell are you talking about?

I think the title says it all

Amazon tribe pictured for first time earlier this year 'missing' after attack by armed drug traffickers

Machine gun-wielding gang overpowered guards stationed to protect tribe

But have some more of the obvious

According to tribal advocacy group Survival International, police found a package containing 44lbs of coc aine in the area.

That could mean that the Envira River, where the Brazilian guard post was located, is now an entry point into Brazil for Peruvian coc aine smugglers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This story makes me smile in a way....
because...

just because you can't find them doesn't mean they're not there! They probably took off deliberately, and it could very well be that the helicopter "welfare checks" were seen by them as frightening and intrusive. And then the guards posted....and then the drug-runners....

Just freaking LEAVE THEM ALONE!!

"Modern" societies are sick, every damned one of them. Every one.

I was just thinking if there was a place I could go that was not a sick society i would go there. I wish I could find this tribe myself and ask them to take me in.

I'm so sickened, to my core, by the atrocities done by humans to each other and to animals and the planet.
I wish them well, and I envy them their solitude and freedom.

The "civilized" countries of the world should STOP butting into other people's business.
Sigh.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The latest example of the insane international war on drugs that created the black market in which these traffickers exist in

That was my first reaction to reading the OP.

As for what happened to the tribe, I'm sure they weren't killed... What would a drug cartel have to gain from killing these people? The ammunition it would take would be worth a lot more than anything they could steal from an uncontacted tribe. I would assume they just raided the guard post for any supplies or weapons and the tribe got scared and ran off.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman

That was my first reaction to reading the OP.

As for what happened to the tribe, I'm sure they weren't killed... What would a drug cartel have to gain from killing these people? The ammunition it would take would be worth a lot more than anything they could steal from an uncontacted tribe. I would assume they just raided the guard post for any supplies or weapons and the tribe got scared and ran off.

You are most likely right, but without this war on drugs the raid would have never happened. as there would be no need to seek a route to traffic the coke

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Blame it on the media for revealing their existence in the first place. "Oh look, Civilised World, a previously undiscovered tribe living right here (Google Earth zoom). Seems they defend themselves with primitive bows and arrows. They may have hoards of emeralds and gold that they use in rituals. The women of the tribe are really attractive... the huts they live in look quite flammable... let's hope that no drug lords or human traffickers find out about them as their stick weapons will be no match for guns and machetes"

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This happened years ago that they found this tribe, right? Like, back in 2007?

And they did find evidence that at least some of the tribes people were still out there, some time later.

Please tell me I'm not tripping out here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join