It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I put this in Gray Area, it will probably get moved to Skunk Works (mods, I would prefer rant I just can't find it).
So what I am about to say is either very Patriotic or very UnAmerican. Take your pick.
But why, oh why, oh why is the world so quick to count us out? Do they really think that we are idiots? I don't.
I find it far more likely that this is all an evil genius style plot than the blundering of morons.

QE1 And QE2 We start printing money.
Huh. History indicates that is not a good idea. History indicates that you can't get away with that.
But, there are a couple of quirks in the mix this time.
Like the number one military on the planet.
Yeah, that's a pretty good sized mitigating factor.
And, the nearest thing sizing up as a real rival is in bed with us economically and is holding so much of our currency that it simply isn't in their interest (China of course) to let that currency tank. At least not too quickly.
So we have a window of opportunity where we can do this and actually get away with it.
Slowly devalued currency will make the debt easier to pay, will lead to rising wages, rising property values which will undo the underwater houses and cut down on foreclosures, and will bring some manufacturing jobs back to this country. It all just has to be timed right. The world won't let us get away with it forever. But RIGHT NOW we are uniquely positioned to pull it off.

The developed world is made up of oil crack heads. And oil is still priced in greenbacks.
We went off the gold standard and onto the oil standard. Clever move that. (Yeah, I know all you fiat currency guys just hated that statement, and I am not defending fiat currency, just pointing out that as long as oil is priced in dollars, it's not really entirely fiat is it??? We got the rest of the world to pledge THEIR resources to value our currency. Brilliant I tell you. Sheer Genius!)

Now, China and Russia are making noise about changing that. And, I do believe the day will come. For a while there it looked like it might come pretty quickly too. Too quickly. Way too quickly. There was talk of moving to the Yen, the Euro, A mixed basket of Arab currencies, or a basket which contained all of the above. This was all late last fall and through the winter.

And then comes Spring.
The Arab Spring. Ouch. That kind of instability, even if it turns out to be for a greater good that loosens the bonds of people oppressed by various regimes for decades, well, the instability itself still isn't good for business.
So, the Yen. Oh...March11. The unrelenting earthquakes, the tsunami, the meltdown. The currency of the world's second largest economy is now more unpredictable than it had been previously. There was talk of the Japanese Bank engaging in Quantitative Easing to help spur the recovery movement. Hey, wait, what's that? Isn't that the fancy terms the higher ups use for money printing??? Hmm. The Yen just became a less attractive alternative.

So, okay, Euro it is. Oh, no, look out. Here comes Greece. Greece has an economic plague that is spreading to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Oh poor Euro sector. What are these "deadbeats" (no offense, I've been to several of these countries and have nothing at all against them!) doing to your currency? Germany, with a healthy economy is very quietly freaking out about how it's fancy Eurozone entanglements are pulling them down. Now, I know the Germans are a quiet lot and never actually do anything when they feel victimized or taken advantage of economically. I mean, oh, wait, that's right the Germans. To me they are like the Americans of Europe. Good individually, a bit of a mad mob when taken as whole, particulalry if they feel threatened.

So, now what? Well, the U.K. never went Euro. Perhaps the longstand British Pound Sterling...oh...Cue riots.....

Darn it. It seems like anybody who has a currency that might be a reasonable alternative or even companion to the greenback for world currency reserve or oil commodity exchanges finds themselves suddenly facing extreme turmoil.

I would hate to be the Swiss right now.
Now, I am not actually saying we cause any of this.
Maybe God just really likes us?

OR maybe the rest of the world, who love to complain about how we stick our noses in where they don't belong, and call us the great satan, and say that we enslave the world and all other manner of sick and twisted stuff, well, maybe they aren't as wrong as our leaders would like us to believe.
And, if they have been right all along, it isn't US who should suddenly be shivering in the corner (sitting pondering things with a touch of shame and guilt perhaps, but not fear) because clearly, those at the helm can and will do what needs doing with the apparant availability of technology and methods that we don't even fully understand and lack the ability to accurately track. And they aren't planning on going down.

They just aren't.
Even the worst of the fears about the FEMA camps, the miltiary movements, the fights over what the budget will look like in the ten years. They plan to still be there. They know stuff we don't know. They have always known stuff that we don't know. And they have always kept the "worst" of their actions from us so that we don't have to feel bad about our nice stuff.

The man behind the curtain will put the greenback and the U.S. on top.
Push to shove, and come hell or high water.
We will be here.
And those from other countries who accuse us of such actions at EVERY TURN, would do well to remember their own accusations before they start giggling maddeningly at our demise.

As the Great Mark Twain once said, upon reading his obituary: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

A new cold war I believe will come. But to say that the Age of America is over? Misses way too many marks.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
just wait.. one day soon the mighty new zealand dollar will rise and you will have no choice but to submit to your new kiwi overlords, mwahaha
edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Your a good writer.

And I find it ironic that US is us and you are talking to us.

God has his little way way of telling us things.

We are not the oppressor we are the light of the world, but we lost control of our government.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
just wait.. one day soon the mighty new zealand dollar will rise and you will have no choice but to submit to your new kiwi overlords, mwahaha
edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

Hey, our credit rating is the same right now. join us. instead of shirts and skins it can bee aaa vs aa+. When we win the AAAs have to give us their shirts which we will sell to regain our rating!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Thank you.
So if you were to think he was using me to send a message, what message would that be?
Would it be to the world to back off and leave us be?
Or to us, to back off and the leave the world be?

Or something entirley different? Just curious on your take.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

It would be to find your convictions and defend them.

People only rise to power when they respect certain laws.

With great power comes great responsibility so it is important not to exploit it or let it become corrupted.

Great power is not something you should wish to achieve, you should dread the responsibility, but answer the call for the sake of your children and your childrens children.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well, being American, I would have to say that your rant was entertaining in a masochistic sort of way.

I like the ties you draw, and you're likely closer to the truth than we care to admit. The toxicity of our nation cannot be denied.

An excellent read.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

We are not the oppressor we are the light of the world, but we lost control of our government.

We still have power in a vote and the power of educating our peers about whats going on in this world. We haven't lost control we just haven't gained control yet

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by supergod

True...but we must wait.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Entertaining..

So either we are not as evil and genius as many of us think, and thus we fail...or we are more evil and genius than we can imagine..and we rise again.

Which should we root for?

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
Entertaining..

So either we are not as evil and genius as many of us think, and thus we fail...or we are more evil and genius than we can imagine..and we rise again.

Which should we root for?

Peace

Yup, that is pretty much exactly where I am at. I hate to think of us as evil. But, I find it really hard to believe that the behind the scenes power brokers are dumb enough to let this country fail. I understand that there are large mulitnationals that have no real stake in any country, they are simply entitities unto themselves. But, I also can't help but think that if THEY are evil geniuses looking to take this country down, they are missing the gumption that is inherent to all people but so broadly historically expressed by those in this one.
By being the sum of our parts, we are the offspring of those who refuse to accept repression or mediocrity.
We are the children, grandchildren, great, and great,great grandchildren of those who fled failing regimes to build a better life. Risk and reward is literally in our blood. I don't see the people of this nation going quietly into that great goodnight and I would think that any evil genius would be smart enough to see that too. Therefore, if ANY evil genius plot exists in this world, it is in their interest to keep the people of this particular country somewhat satsified for as long as possible or risk their own upending.

I root for good in all its forms. And I believe that will lead to U.S. prosperity. But, I also recognize that I was sold that growing up here. But underneath that layering of guilded hope "anybody can grow up to be president" was the still older and no less true "my country right or wrong".

So, I guess I root for our good hearted geniuses? And I hope that the less ethical among them help to keep their wits sharp and force them to think outside the box. So that they can stand the evil scheme on its head and take it to a place where it still gets the job done but is no longer quite so evil.

I admit I retain a touch of naivete. I have learned things about history and politics that should have wrung it out of me long ago, but I refuse.

"You study, you learn, but you guard the original naivete. It has to be within you, as desire for drink is within the drunkard or love is within the lover." Henry Matisse

I think naivete is a form of idealism. I refuse to relinguish it entirely.

new topics

top topics

join