It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the christian god an E.T.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Please can someone prove me wrong ? The christian bible says god came from heaven .. but just where is heaven ? Because it sure isn't on this earth is it ? And just think if God came from heaven and heaven isn't on this earth then technically hes an Extraterrestrial by definition. So how can you argue this ? I would LOVE to hear any christian debunk this, Because if they do it might just change my opinion on them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In Gnostic creation stories, Yaldabaoth (Greek, “Father of Chaos”) is the demiurge, or inferior creator of the material world; his birth was a consequence of Sophia’s wish to create a copy of herself. In creating the material, Yaldabaoth trapped the divine spirit in his creation.

Yaldabaoth can be viewed as a metaphor for religion- he is the human-created God, bound by the limits of the human ego and imagination. He is “born” of the human desire to know God, but often becomes a great prison-keeper, our own limitations, which prevent us from experiencing the divine.

Aka Yahwe - the deranged off planet 'creator god' as he imagined himself to be.

altreligion.net...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

In Gnostic creation stories, Yaldabaoth (Greek, “Father of Chaos”) is the demiurge, or inferior creator of the material world; his birth was a consequence of Sophia’s wish to create a copy of herself. In creating the material, Yaldabaoth trapped the divine spirit in his creation.

Yaldabaoth can be viewed as a metaphor for religion- he is the human-created God, bound by the limits of the human ego and imagination. He is “born” of the human desire to know God, but often becomes a great prison-keeper, our own limitations, which prevent us from experiencing the divine.

Aka Yahwe - the deranged off planet 'creator god' as he imagined himself to be.

altreligion.net...

Are you trying to say gods fake ? Jw

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RevolutionSpeaks

Yes. Technically.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Yes. Technically.

So your saying God was an extraterrestrial ? Because so far everyone I've told this to hasn't been able to provide me with an answer that says other wise

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks

Yes. Technically.

So your saying God was an extraterrestrial ? Because so far everyone I've told this to hasn't been able to provide me with an answer that says other wise

I guess that means there are human looking extra terrestrials from the christian viewpoint......??

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Those of us with souls are all aliens, remote controlling our physical water sacks.

Those without souls are running corporations and banks.

The position you have taken prevents an open and honest dialogue but I wish you well in your quest.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.rael.org
the book in that website called intelligent design answers your questions perfectly.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddy2258
www.rael.org
the book in that website called intelligent design answers your questions perfectly.

Can you give me a link to where it answers my question then ? Please if you can

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nothing new here folks.
Move along.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Yes. Technically.

If I believe God to be the Creator as I do, I must also believe he is not of this Earth. It is simply a matter of usage of a word. God is not of this Earth, therefore God is Extra-Terrestrial. The truth in that is impossible to escape.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddy2258
www.rael.org

Rael however is a Terrestrial who is either out of his mind or a confidence person. I think the later. Lest we forget the fake cloned baby?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't think it's that hard of a concept.

If god does exist, and apparently he's not from here, then, yes god is an ET.

That doesn't prove or disprove the Christian god or any god.

link   

Anything that is outside of the Earth realm is extraterrestrial in nature. I wonder why the believers differentiate between God and E.T

link   

Yes. Technically.

If I believe God to be the Creator as I do, I must also believe he is not of this Earth. It is simply a matter of usage of a word. God is not of this Earth, therefore God is Extra-Terrestrial. The truth in that is impossible to escape.

I know its very simple but that's what happens everything is hidden in plain sight .. the perfect place to hide it

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Really? Nothing for YOU to see!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Why do you chose to post an OP that is so Trollish for lack of a better term? Would you not get further if you entered into calm and rational debate on topics you disagree with?

If you do not believe in something, you need only post it once and say clearly why. Beyond that being a Troll may get you flags from others who like such things, but it won't add to your knowledge, deny ignorance or accomplish anything whatsoever of worth.

Might I suggest a reduction in energy drinks or something to deal with the anger.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
it wont let me send you the link, because the chosen language at the beginning, but after you choose the language its on the home page were it says download now, the book intelligent design or at the downloads.

blaine did you read the book?
edit on 10-8-2011 by eddy2258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I am not a Christian, but history proves jesus is just a retelling of the egyptian horus sun god myth. Which then completely debunks Christianity.

explanation from Zeitgeist-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Yes the Bible says God came from heaven, more or less, he's got a throne up there and is generally depicted as a King being endlessly worshiped by several angels and various other creatures. But then the Bible also says there's a dome called the firmament over the sky to separate the waters below from the waters "above" (they thought space was filled with water). It also has a talking snake, a talking donkey and a supposedly good deity who is plans on burning the vast majority of the human race in a fiery lake. Point is, I wouldn't take it too seriously, or at least not literally.

reply to post by truthseeker55

Zeitgeists religious claims have been repeatedly shown to be inaccurate and have been debunked both by religious scholars and by religious CRITICS. If we are going to criticize religion we should get what we're saying right, making appeals to a movie known to contain false information and false claims regarding religion is not a good way to debunk religious claims.

Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked
edit on 10-8-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join