It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla and Einstein...The two single most brilliant humans!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am just researching this aspect of these two genius's...but, how is it possible that they lived in the same time period and in later years lived within a few miles of each other, yet, never worked together? From what I have learned, it seems that these two gentlemen were a positive & a negative. I am interested in understanding how it is even possible that being so close and with their fame & knowledge that they were never together...even in conversation. Just a thought, I look forward to hearing my fellow ATS members view on this, since something doesn't sit well with me on this subject.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Newton invented calculus in a weekend, for one thing. Einstein was already standing on the foundations laid by people like Newton, Maxwell, etc.

Do you have degrees in physics and history, and the ability to make such broad determinations of "who was the most brilliant human"? Note you even said HUMAN, not just physicist. Nonsense. You're just making uninformed judgments based on FAME.

Einstein was able to get women to an extent, and to socialize to an extent. For that I would say he was probably NOT the most brilliant human. Tesla I won't comment on but I doubt it. Newton was an eccentric virgin, he was probably closer. Really high IQ people have serious trouble functioning in society. The most brilliant human, whoever he was (I'm only sure it was a he) was probably a total basket case, and maybe didn't even contribute anything to the human race at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I didn't ask a question of the history of mathmatics, nor physics, my question was very simple. Why is it that 2 men of this caliber were that close to each other, yet...there is no record of them even meeting & why? Pull your head out of wannabe and focus on learning. Close your mouth & open your ears, maybe you will learn something. Now, shut up and let someone that understands what I am talking about answer so that we can get an answer.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

S&F
This an amazing coin coincidence. I was whatching Tesla vids last week and and just fished a dumbed down version of Einsteins theory of relativity. I asked myself the same question and almost opened a thread on it. I had a hard time beleiving they never worked together. The passibilities that would of came out of that partnership IMO would of changes the world even further. Einstein`s work on nuclear phisics and Tesla`s AC current knowledge....WOW!! Magine nuclear power hooked up to the Wardenclyffe Tower. Just the tower itself with Tesla`s implications for the tower would of been the best thing to happen to this world. If it wern`t for greedy bastards like J. P. Morgan, we`de have very cost effective energy today. No one would be out of power.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For one. Einstein was a theoretical physicist and Telsa was an electrical engineer.

For another, Einstein (correctly) did not believe that the "aether" exists. Tesla's ideas about longitudinal waves did not jibe with that. They were oil and water.

Later, as he descended into his madness, Tesla railed quite vehemently against Einstein (and others who contradicted his ideas) and the theories of relativity.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Newton invented calculus in a weekend, for one thing. Einstein was already standing on the foundations laid by people like Newton, Maxwell, etc.

Do you have degrees in physics and history, and the ability to make such broad determinations of "who was the most brilliant human"? Note you even said HUMAN, not just physicist. Nonsense. You're just making uninformed judgments based on FAME.

Einstein was able to get women to an extent, and to socialize to an extent. For that I would say he was probably NOT the most brilliant human. Tesla I won't comment on but I doubt it. Newton was an eccentric virgin, he was probably closer. Really high IQ people have serious trouble functioning in society. The most brilliant human, whoever he was (I'm only sure it was a he) was probably a total basket case, and maybe didn't even contribute anything to the human race at all.

Wow, you sound bitter about this. I'm going to suppose you relate to Newton, more so than Einstein anyway.

To the O.P. -
Great topic, and I look forward to reading the following posts. I never really though about their possible interactions though.

What is it about them not working together that doesn't sit well with you? My guess, Ice Cube never worked with the late Frank Sinatra. Why? Different subject matter. Both were genius' in different ways. Tesla was an engineer and inventor, whereas Einstein was into Physics.

Just my guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There was a good thread on here claiming that Einstein was an idiot and it was actually his wife that was coming up with all the theory's as she was a brilliant mathematician. She however was a woman so needed Einstein to submit the work due to the standards of the day.

I'll see if I can find the link.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

See, I din't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
But there IS a connection

Einstein's secret first wife Meliva Maric, was a friend of Tesla.

She was rumored to actually have authored some of Einstein's theories.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
didnt they work together on the philidelphia expieriment?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
Wow, you sound bitter about this. I'm going to suppose you relate to Newton, more so than Einstein anyway.

I do relate to Newton slightly more, but that doesn't change the FACT that the further someone is from the "average" IQ, the more problems they have socially. Thus, it is a very well-founded conclusion that everything else being equal, Newton was smarter than Einstein. And even if you knew nothing about their social lives, look at the times they both lived in. Newton had very little to work with in comparison to Einstein, and advanced math and physics much more, proportionally. Einstein had one good idea, and did a lot with it. But my money would be on Newton any day, between the 2 of them.

And all of that said, the premise in the title is laughable, which was my point. They were not the most brilliant humans. They probably weren't even the most brilliant humans of their era. They just managed to use their intelligence to contribute something useful, and became famous. There's plenty of brilliant people that don't amount to anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am very glad to see debate, which is my intent. Tesla & Einstein were polar opposites. Positive vs Negative...albeit, in different format, but nonetheless. I have have a question...how did Tesla shake the foundations of NYC? When the city shook, there was no question whether it was an earthquake, within minutes the cops were there and they found him frantic, running around his machine. What did he do? What did he have? The one thing that these two men had in common was #1 they were Savants, that is an entire different topic, #2 what they worked on blended together at a small little point and I believe that point is being hidden from us. Think nuclear!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by RicketyCricket

I do relate to Newton slightly more, but that doesn't change the FACT that the further someone is from the "average" IQ, the more problems they have socially. Thus, it is a very well-founded conclusion that everything else being equal, Newton was smarter than Einstein. And even if you knew nothing about their social lives, look at the times they both lived in. Newton had very little to work with in comparison to Einstein, and advanced math and physics much more, proportionally. Einstein had one good idea, and did a lot with it. But my money would be on Newton any day, between the 2 of them.

And all of that said, the premise in the title is laughable, which was my point. They were not the most brilliant humans. They probably weren't even the most brilliant humans of their era. They just managed to use their intelligence to contribute something useful, and became famous. There's plenty of brilliant people that don't amount to anything.

Hahahahaha! You take your nerd arguments very seriously.

EQ has more to do with your social awkwardness. Your superior IQ, if anything, should help you find more ways to relate to the people you speak to. On the negative side of the "average" IQ, I could see an issue with social retardation. But the subjects of this argument aren't even close to that, so it's left off my chart here.

The title itself is laughable. To suggest that just two minds in the history of humankind are the "Like, OhmyGAWD most brilliant guys evAR!" is a bit ridiculous, but honestly, I agree that they are two very smart dudes. Definitely up there with the best of them.

With that said, Tesla did study physics in college. Just sayin, maybe they could have worked together on something awesome. I can't even fathom what that would be, because I know I am not smart enough to comprehend the things they toyed with.

ETA: I'm a Tesla fan for sure. I've always been intrigued with his work, but too dumb to understand it.
edit on 10-8-2011 by RicketyCricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Phage, with all do respect, re-read what you surmised and let me add something to that. Take positive & negative, no matter what it is. At some point they are going to meet, depending on the space allowed. Do you see where I am going with this?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'd have to say that Da vinci and Tesla and the dude that invented the wheel were the geniuses of our time

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

I think Maxwell or Gauss were smarter.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Tesla was just an important as einstein, yet why is einstein more known, that is the real question. Im suprised they never met or worked on ideas, they both had great minds. The governemtn ransacked teslas apartment when he died and took all hes final work and ideas and will probably never release them because tesla was so far ahead of hes time, hes probably the true inventer of most of our modern day technology or atleast a contributer in some way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

newton and einstein were both likely on the autistic spectrum. social difficulties don't have to be inherent in high IQ's, but they are a core issue with asperger's syndrome.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think you are short-changing Buckminster Fuller for one, but both he and Tesla have had their ideas and inventions downplayed as they do not fit the agenda of the PTB. Einstein often hinted that he was not satisfied with many of his ideas, but said what he was instructed to say by the same PTB. I think he was 'under the thumb' of some very powerful people. Thats my conspiracy take on it all anyway.
As far as Tesla and Einstein are concerned, here is a worthwhile, IMO, read:
Tesla and Einstein Were Both Right
milesmathis.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Doesn't Einstein's theory state in effect that the light of objects in relative motion to an observer defines their very existence, as if dark, unseen objects do not exist? Also, in terms of time as a measure of causation, isn't Einstein saying that it too is entirely a function of relative motion ie: that there is no ever-present now everywhere always?

Absurd.

edit on 10-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join