It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War is GOOD for the economy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Unfortunate but true!

...And yes, I agree with many of the posters here lately who have the inkling that WW3 is on the horizon. I have the same uneasy feeling.

Why? The Global Financial Meltdown, Crisis, Recession or whatever you want to call it is part of the strategy...and at the end of the day, it all boils down to money.

War solves problems like:

1. Over Population
2. Unemployment
3. DEBT
4. World Order

Who/What is the wealthiest Country at the moment?

And what effect is the Global Financial Crisis having on some of the richest Countries in the World?

Are the Top Dogs secure?

I am not suggesting War is good

edit on 9-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: clarify

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
War is GOOD for the economy!

That must be why it is so popular,but it always ends in tears

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It sure is, even my Modern History teacher says it from time to time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

War may have been good for an economy that no longer exists; instead, all of those manufacturing and big plant jobs have been outsourced...the Defense contractors and War lobbies and War congresspeople do good, but other than that...

War and the machine that killed the way of life for many have proven to not be good in the long run.

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
War may be good for an economy...
But is it good for your soul...
edit on 9-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that we need to start some more wars? Great idea....

edit on 9-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually, it's not. This is a myth with its origins in World War 2.

See, what happened is after the war ended, Americans found that our nation was the econimically dominant power on the globe. Someone, lord only knows who, attributed this to the rejuvenation of America's industrial sector in the war effort. Of course, two important things were lost in the telling.

1) We did not need to have a war to rejuvenate our industrial sector. At any point the FDR administration could have gone, "Okay, we're going to empty the treasury to buy lots of cars and houses and hire lots of people to build them all" and the same effect would have been gained as by building planes and tanks - moreso, since a plane or a tank has a very limited use, and honestly a very short lifespan.

2) We were super-prosperous in the late 40's and 50's because we were unaffected by the war Aside from Pearl Harbor and some fighting in the Aleutians, never once did the war come to American soil. Meanwhile, europe and Asia were absolutely devastated by the war. The European powers found themselves unable to hold onto their assorted empires, which further knocked their economies into tailspin.

Much like the rats that popped out of the hole after the last dinosaur died, we were winners by default.

War is bad for the economy. it depletes the workforce and sends valuable resources into the machinery and armaments of war, which have no peacetime use. it destroys reputations and nations, lessening our trade ability. essentially we would have to be in a state of constant war or conquest in order to actually make a "war economy" successful. And I don't think even my nation is nuts enough to give that serious consideration

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
"War is GOOD for the economy!"

That sounds like a winning Presidential slogan. Punch your tickets.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So when we bring all these soldiers home...and they cant find any JOBS...like we cant now...all those unemployed soldiers will be out of luck...and so how is war good for our economy that way?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
War may be good for an economy...
But is it good for your soul...
edit on 9-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling lol

heh, reminded me of good old hicks

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If they dumped the same money that they put into wars into our economy, we would gain just as much, if not more, without loosing the lives of great people.

Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
how is war good for the economy. war is good for haliburton, lockheed martin, northorp grumman, ze, etc. stockholders.

your work, thru taxes finances this. their job is to grease congressmen and senators palms to secure contracts.

it is the most massive embezzlement scheme ever engineered by mankind. it is diabolical in the literal sense.

a whole industry designed to bankrupt its client and kill its neighbor.

it has gone completely beyond self defense against an aggressor nation to hijacking a good people and decent people into financing the destruction of its neighbors and a tool, used without question by whoever is in power, be it for greed or "good".

and conveniently, in the land of the free, it is against the law to question were and what your money is being used for and a felony to with hold it because your conscience doesn't permit your help in financing apache mini gun ammunition used to obliterate people 15 thousand miles away.

but Jesus said to give to caesar what is caesars, so you can sleep easily knowing that blood is on the hands of the president, senators and congressmen who scream for blood and death like ravenous hyenas, to cowardly to kill for their own.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I know that this has often been said, but I'm slightly confused. Are you saying that because war might be good for one economy, that makes it justifiable? Is boosting ones "economy" worth the lives of thousands, even millions of people? That's one of the most sociopathic and disgusting notions I've ever heard. I don't care if war could bring the US out of this recession and restore work to nearly all Americans. Sanctioning murder under the guise of war does not make the murder any less inhumane. All the while Obama is having Libya bombed, murdering thousands of INNOCENT civilians, and nobody really seems to care.

Funny how we're in 5, 6 wars and yet the economy keeps getting worse...Now that I think about it I don't think the OP points are valid at all. Whether or not war helps economies is theoretical and you're leaving out the weaker nations on the receiving ends who have their way of life, their homes, utterly destroyed. Population control?? You're joking right? That's the mindset of the elite who wish to live their lives in complete luxury, while uploding their beleief in starting/propping up wars to "control the population". WHO has the right to commit mass-murders and say you're doing it for the better of mankind? Sickos, that's who. Apathetic, immoral and amoral monsters with no regard for the preciousness of every human life.

I fail to see the point of your post OP. Do you agree or not agree with war? I really hope it's not the former...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Real war is when a country uses it's military and kills the enemy, and the enemy traditionally includes military, civilians, kids, women, everything..

Real war has no rules, no geneva convention, anything.. Your killing people for real reasons.. To punish and to destroy and to conquer. (so you can survive), (usually for some horrendous thing they did to you first)... I'm talking carpet bombing runs on civilian populations as well as the enemy military. < That is a real war.

That is what real war is.

I am not saying any bit of this is good in any way.. Just pointing out that today's wars are fake, completely non realistic..money driven drivel. (but good for the economy as you say)

Good for "someone's economy"...maybe..

Todays wars aren't even real wars, they are just driven by very corrupt and greedy people.. People that are in control of economics (and politicians) and the lobbyists who work the system for them, which is all profit driven and driven by a greed that would not exist if it were greed by people who cared about human lives in the first place...

Just trying to put into words, the idea that todays wars more closely resemble a very hazardous business rather than an actual fight between mortal enemies, and being sold to the masses as something else and a dire necessity... And the people reaping all of the benefits of todays wars hold in contempt all of the civilians and their own military, while they laugh all the way to the bank! And to prove they aren't even thankful for the soldiers granting them so many new luxuries, they toss them under the bus and deny them barely any fruits of thier labors.. so to speak...

Maybe all of the above isn't totally accurate, but seems to describe close enough what is happening today in my view..

edit on 9-8-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
War isn't good for the economy.

2nd.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am not saying it is a good thing.

The economy is usually behind the majority of wars throughout history. I read a thread on ATS years back... I will try to find it. It was astounding and really opened my eyes!!

Might have been a New World Order - Rothchilds thread...

either way, the economy is in limbo...and the world has some very serious problems and how do they usually deal with problems?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Bill Hicks (RIP) is/was one of my favorite comedians. He had an amazing ability in telling the truth and making it funny!!

Originally posted by alienreality

I am not saying any bit of this is good in any way.. Just pointing out that today's wars are fake, completely non realistic..money driven drivel. (but good for the economy as you say)

Good for "someone's economy"...maybe..

Todays wars aren't even real wars, they are just driven by very corrupt and greedy people.. People that are in control of economics (and politicians) and the lobbyists who work the system for them, which is all profit driven and driven by a greed that would not exist if it were greed by people who cared about human lives in the first place...

that is how i feel about it!! Well explained!

Originally posted by randomname
how is war good for the economy. war is good for haliburton, lockheed martin, northorp grumman, ze, etc. stockholders.

your work, thru taxes finances this. their job is to grease congressmen and senators palms to secure contracts

it is the most massive embezzlement scheme ever engineered by mankind. it is diabolical in the literal sense..

I wish I could give you a WATS! I totally agree!!

thx

Here is something similar to the thread I read from years ago

Zietgist

edit on 10-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: Zietgist has not been refuted!!! edit to add linky

edit on 10-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: add quote

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The war is a distraction from the problems, not a solution to them. The hope is that the people will be muzzled by frothing patriotism and be afraid of pointing out the problems at home for fear of seeming "unamerican" (or un-whatever) or "colluding with the enemy." Hopefully if the war goes on long enough, people will forget the mess that was there before the war (See how easily America forgot about it's recession after we started killing lots of Arabs). if the problem clears up during the war, tada, the war solved the problem! If the problem lingers through the war, well, blame the war for it!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Would you be so gungho if you had to put your money where your mouth is and go fight? War is a fabrication of the elites in order to foster the illusion of currency and keep those in control, in the centre of control. It is an unnecessary horror. Money in the end is an illusion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join